HorrorCast's New Interview With Guy Cihi

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

HorrorCast's New Interview With Guy Cihi

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

Dena Natali of the Game Den interviews Guy Cihi in a special episode of the horrorcast....
Here's Part 1 Of 3...

http://blip.tv/still-gaming/trying-again-5773241
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: HorrorCast's New Interview With Guy Cihi

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

Weird, I know I shouldn't like this guy, but god help me, I like him. :)
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

^ That's part of the charismatic benefits of being a businessman ;)

His voice is simply amazing now and would have done well for a remastered James, all deeper and more fitting, in my opinion.

I honestly think that nobody really twisted his words around--what he said is what he said. That's just misinterpretation on his part. From what I've seen, I feel as if, if this is even truth, the actions of the other actors in SH2 might have caused Guy to retaliate in the way he has did with facebook, etc.

(continuing to update as I listen)
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Yoshata »

Last edited by Yoshata on 14 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.
cmm6016
Just Passing Through

Post by cmm6016 »

I just can't believe Cihi thought that Mary Elizabeth and Troy sounded "cinematic". I thought their voices displaced the dispositions of their characters. Even Troy himself admits that Eddie's alternate VA sounds like a drunken guy. I love Mary to death, but she makes Mary and Maria sound like they're 40, not 24, and Troy, again, makes a 29 year old sound much older than he is. Troy's voice is also at odds with James' mild and sheep-like personality. Troy has him sounding much more assertive and masculine than how he was meant to be.

This shed some more light on the VO debate--he doesn't sound like such a money-hungry guy now. I guess it wasn't his fault that he thought they should have been given more credit for their work if it was being reused. But I'm not gonna get into that. :3
'Bout as dead as anyone's bound to get.
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

The folks at Konami didnt get it...Silent hill 2 differs from most games in the fact that voice actors gave not just their voices, but their likeness and their motion work to the main character....They were in the words of Team Silent.. the exact embodiment of the characters in Silent Hill 2...
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
Jecht
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Jecht »

I like what he said about he accidentally got the part by taking his daughter to audition and same with the guy that played Eddy. Pretty funny. He seems like a genuinely nice guy.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Thanks for posting this. Hearing James' voice talking for 40 minutes was awesome! But even regardless of that, this was enjoyable to listen to. I never hated Guy throughout the whole HD fiasco, but still am pleased to hear his version of it. Also pleased it wasn't the sole topic of discussion.
SilentWren
Historical Society Historian

Post by SilentWren »

This was mostly stuff he already touched on before, but it was so nice hearing Guy have an actual in-depth conversation about some of this. I'd have liked to hear (actually hear) more about how life's treating him now-a-days, but I can understand his reluctance to dish out anything too personal. Considering.

I'm also incredibly glad that idiodic VA drama seems to have finally bored everyone. I'm sure something else will quickly take it's place!!!
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Yoshata »

PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Part 2 of the Interview was just released a few hours ago...

http://blip.tv/still-gaming/horrorcast- ... -2-5790776
TreesInWinter
Just Passing Through

Post by TreesInWinter »

Will always be an 'In-Water' girl but it was fascinating to listen to his take on the endings and explaining his preference for 'leave'. Comes across as a lovely chap and could listen to that voice all day, thanks for sharing.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Yay, more interview. :P
Interesting to hear about the couple of things Guy didn't want to do. Not that the rest wasn't interesting. Props to him for choosing Leave, although I love every ending other than In Water. I like his way of looking at them.
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Here's the final part of the interview.....hooray!!

http://blip.tv/still-gaming/horrorcast- ... -3-5816514
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Yoshata »

SilentWren
Historical Society Historian

Post by SilentWren »

I really, REALLY, don't want to sound like a Team Silent Whiner. But right here it's unavoidable: I hate "Let's Plays," but I'd LOVE to watch Guy do an LP of Silent Hill 2. I don't think the way he feels about Jame's inner workings is any more valid that anything fans say, but he has somewhat of unique perspective that I'd kill for. It's an awesome idea, and I'm glad he's considering it so seriously now. He mentioned it a lot, but now it's in "this is going to definitely happen" mode. Me gusta.

This was just so much fun to listen to. I'm happy that Guy is finally getting some degree of closure for the ongoing drama that is Silent Hill 2. *sniff*
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

No more listening to Guy's voice. :(
OF COURSE the fandom will keep going for another 10 years! Even if the series stopped gaining new fans today, there are a lot of us out there who will likely be fans until we die.

I'll anxiously watch the LP, if/when he does it.
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Yoshata »

SilentWren wrote:I really, REALLY, don't want to sound like a Team Silent Whiner. But right here it's unavoidable: I hate "Let's Plays," but I'd LOVE to watch Guy do an LP of Silent Hill 2. I don't think the way he feels about Jame's inner workings is any more valid that anything fans say, but he has somewhat of unique perspective that I'd kill for. It's an awesome idea, and I'm glad he's considering it so seriously now. He mentioned it a lot, but now it's in "this is going to definitely happen" mode. Me gusta.

This was just so much fun to listen to. I'm happy that Guy is finally getting some degree of closure for the ongoing drama that is Silent Hill 2. *sniff*
Yeah, I'm really excited by the idea of his Let's Play, too. :) I happen to love Let's Plays, and it sounds like this one will be highly entertaining and interesting.