Baby subplot at the Apt. Building.

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

SilentWren
Historical Society Historian

Re: Baby subplot at the Apt. Building.

Post by SilentWren »

The Adversary wrote:Remember what being mentioned?
Rosemary's Baby being used as inspiration? What else could I have possibly been talking about?
Thank you, JD.

This was a very eye opening thread. I never would've thought of any of this before. Thanks guys!
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Rosemary's Baby being used as inspiration? What else could I have possibly been talking about?<
Rosemary's Baby, the scream, Jame Gumb, the crescent moon on the snake coin, u.s.w.—any number of things I've mentioned.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^Meeeee-ow. Why's kitty bringing out the claws? Here: Sorry!
Problem solved.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It's just a pet peeve of mine—a statement lacking specificity—, nothing personal.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

The Adversary wrote:It's just a pet peeve of mine—a statement lacking specificity—, nothing personal.
Can you explain where the reference is for James Gumb?
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The body has the key to room #208. Room #208 is full of moths and moth cages—like Jame Gumb's (a.k.a. Buffalo Bill) death's head moths. I believe Gumb, in this universe, is still alive—or was—and has taken residence in Silent Hill, basically. Even the iconic "BILL SKINS FIFTH" newspaper is seen around town in the first Silent Hill.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

I think it's just a reference to the movie, not that Gumb actually lives/ had lived in the silent hill universe, unless you were just joking about that part.
Jigsaws apprentice
Just Passing Through

Post by Jigsaws apprentice »

I don't hear a baby in the apt.building.... but I do hear a baby cry in the hospital... or did I just imagine this.... lol
ImageImageImageImageImage
TheMorganator
Just Passing Through

Post by TheMorganator »

Ahh i always thought it sounded like a muffled baby's cry too but i looked on youtube (cos i can't be bothered going through the game) and it sounds like a man.. lol 8)
I'M TOO LAZY TO MAKE A GOOD SIG
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

TheMorganator wrote:Ahh i always thought it sounded like a muffled baby's cry too but i looked on youtube (cos i can't be bothered going through the game) and it sounds like a man.. lol 8)
I find YouTube's sound quality (and picture/overall quality :roll: ) to be too crappy for trying to find anything small and easily missed (in this case, easily missed noises).
Jigsaws apprentice wrote:I don't hear a baby in the apt.building.... but I do hear a baby cry in the hospital... or did I just imagine this.... lol
Whereabouts in the hospital? It's been a while since I've played, and without headphones I missed a lot of sounds. You know, one day I'll have to play through all my SH games again, but while wearing headphones. Should find some interesting sounds.
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Yoshata »

Jigsaws apprentice wrote:I don't hear a baby in the apt.building.... but I do hear a baby cry in the hospital... or did I just imagine this.... lol
In the hospital basement, just before you go down to the "basement's basement", you hear what sounds like a sort of squealing noise - like a pig or even a baby. That's what you're referring to. Always creeped me out...

As far as the scream in the apartments, that sounded like a man to me initially - not a baby. But, I'll have to go back and listen again because it's been a while since I last listened...
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

Too bad Nursery Cryme isn't still around. I still have the sound effects I downloaded from their site... the apartment moan is kind of high pitched, and does sound like a baby to me, but it's a little distorted so it's tough to say for sure. That squealing noise from the Hospital Basement is really freaky and who knows what the fuck it is.

Yeah, I tend to agree that the baby carriage might be a reference to Rosemary's Baby. The games are full of references like that, and Rosemary's Baby is a pretty iconic movie, so it makes sense. I doubt it's connected to the other noises, though, since it's hard to tell what those even are.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Too bad Nursery Cryme isn't still around.<
I know. :( Whatever happened to that asshole?

The yell in the apartments is clearly supposed to be the now dead man in the chair: James comments how the noise came from the north, where you're supposed to take him to find the r.p.t.

The repeating squeal in the basement is probably a baby velociraptor.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

The Adversary wrote:The yell in the apartments is clearly supposed to be the now dead man in the chair: James comments how the noise came from the north, where you're supposed to take him to find the r.p.t.
Maybe. It's obviously supposed to lure you there, at any rate. It has an oddly high pitch for a man's voice, though... I can see why someone might think it's a baby's cry.

IIRC, that moan happens just before you first see Pyramid Head as well, behind the bars.
The Adversary wrote:The repeating squeal in the basement is probably a baby velociraptor.
That goes without saying.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>It has an oddly high pitch for a man's voice, though... I can see why someone might think it's a baby's cry.<
I imagine a surprise spear to the gut would yield a less than manly ARGGHHH!

Also, James hears it from over 50 feet away, down a hallway, through a door, and from the apartment's living room. It's gonna sound different.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

^I guess that's the most straight-forward explanation.

Actually, do you remember the hanged man scream from the prison? Now *that* sounds like a man who just got a spear to the gut...
TheMorganator
Just Passing Through

Post by TheMorganator »

I know it's PH who's supposed to have killed the fella in the chair, but other people have said it's eddie who shot him through the back of the head and that's why there's blood splattered all over the tv. Also why has the chair been dragged halfway across from it's original postion? trivial but eh.
SHF

Post by SHF »

^
Eddie didn't kill the guy.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>do you remember the hanged man scream from the prison?<
Yup!

Thanks, Nursery Cryme!

>other people have said it's eddie who shot him through the back of the head and that's why there's blood splattered all over the tv. Also why has the chair been dragged halfway across from it's original postion?<
a) Other people are often wrong.
b) There's no gunshot wound.
c) The blood splatter is undoubtedly from the spear or knife the r.p.t. used.
d) The chair isn't "dragged halfway across from it's [sic] original postion [sic]." It's only moved a couple of feet, probably from when the r.p.t. pulled the spear or knife out of the chair and body.
Last edited by The Adversary on 11 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
TheMorganator
Just Passing Through

Post by TheMorganator »

SHF wrote:^
Eddie didn't kill the guy.
Yeah i didn't say he did i said thats what i've heard other people speculate. I've always thought it was pyramid head from the first time i played it,it's pretty obvious isnt it, but if it wasn't for PH behind those bars it wouldn't be that hard for people to assume eddie did him in.. with his history of shooting people. I can see how they would assume it.
The Adversary wrote:>do you remember the hanged man scream from the prison?<
Yup!

Thanks, Nursery Cryme!

>other people have said it's eddie who shot him through the back of the head and that's why there's blood splattered all over the tv. Also why has the chair been dragged halfway across from it's original postion?<
a) Other people are often wrong.
b) There's no gunshot wound.
c) The blood splatter is undoubtedly from the spear or knife the r.p.t. used.
d) The chair isn't "dragged halfway across from it's [sic] original postion [sic]. It's only moved a couple of feet, probably from when the r.p.t. pulled the spear or knife out of the chair and body.
Actually you can see the scrape marks where the chair has been moved, and it's more than a few feet. It was near the table originally and it's right near the tv after you find the dead body.