Baby subplot at the Apt. Building.

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

lain of the wired
Historical Society Historian
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Re: Baby subplot at the Apt. Building.

Post by lain of the wired »

Pics anyone? Perhaps you mistook blood spatter or shadow for marks... I'm not sure I believe they'd do something like that. Why make "drag marks" when it makes perfect sense to simply place a chair in front of a television?
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Actually you can see the scrape marks where the chair has been moved, and it's more than a few feet.<
You're right; however, it is only a couple of feet.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

That sounds nothing like a baby, except maybe baby Tom Waits.

The empty baby carriage is there as a symbol of yet another thing James was missing out in life waiting for years for Mary to waste away. Something he had lost the chance of having with and also because of Mary.

There are two interpretations as to who the guy in front of the TV was: some say it was Christophe Gans who finally decided to face his actions but then couldn't live with the guilt. Others think it had to be Roger Avary as he was really the one responsible and Gans at least incorporated great visuals into a doomed film. The supporters of the first theory say that's precisely the reason it had to be Gans, for without his visual skill the game series would've remained unpolluted by the film. Personally, i think both are wrong as the corpse looks nothing like either of them and it was Radha Mitchell.
I can't believe i earned 10 Silent Hill cash for this.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Silent Hill 2 (2001)
Silent Hill: Movie (2006)

Impressive.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

The Adversary wrote:Silent Hill 2 (2001)
Silent Hill: Movie (2006)

Impressive.
Yes but not as impressive as when Deus Ex (2000) had the WTC towers missing from the Manhattan landscape.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

"During sections of the game where the New York skyline is visible in the background, the two towers of the World Trade Center are noticeably missing; the real towers were destroyed a year after the game was released. Harvey Smith has explained that due to texture memory limitations, the portion of the skyline with the twin towers exists in the game's data files but had to be left out of the final game, with the other half mirrored in place of it. According to Smith, during the game's development, the developers justified the lack of the towers by stating that terrorists had destroyed the World Trade Center earlier in the game's storyline."

Butts, Stephan (2003-02-18). "DX: Visible Interview". IGN. Retrieved September 28, 2006.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

Squarehead wrote:Yes but not as impressive as when Deus Ex (2000) had the WTC towers missing from the Manhattan landscape.
Nothing will ever top the first episode of The Lone Gunmen in 9/11 impressiveness.

"The plot of the first episode, which aired March 4, 2001, involves a US government conspiracy to hijack an airliner, fly it into the World Trade Center and blame it on terrorists, thereby gaining support for a new profit-making war."
nobody is anybody
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

Thanks for the quote Adversary.
VIVIsect wrote:
Squarehead wrote:Yes but not as impressive as when Deus Ex (2000) had the WTC towers missing from the Manhattan landscape.
Nothing will ever top the first episode of The Lone Gunmen in 9/11 impressiveness.

"The plot of the first episode, which aired March 4, 2001, involves a US government conspiracy to hijack an airliner, fly it into the World Trade Center and blame it on terrorists, thereby gaining support for a new profit-making war."
True. Why do you think the show was canceled? 8)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

You're welcome. Still an uncomfortably terrible coincidence.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

lain of the wired wrote:Pics anyone? Perhaps you mistook blood spatter or shadow for marks... I'm not sure I believe they'd do something like that. Why make "drag marks" when it makes perfect sense to simply place a chair in front of a television?
It's been dragged, see here for pics with the chair removed in the model viewer:
http://alchemillahospital.net/wp-conten ... /drag1.jpg
http://alchemillahospital.net/wp-conten ... /drag2.jpg
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
lain of the wired

:shock:

Even knowing the statement/concept makes no sense, my first reaction to those images is that the James-like-victim was dragged out of the TV, hit the floor, and then was dragged back and placed in the chair to continue bleeding out.

...look, I said it didn't make sense. I'm writing the thing what first popped into my head upon seeing the image, mostly because I can't think of any other circumstances that would account for that kind of splatter pattern. Maybe the chair was literally RIGHT IN FRONT OF the TV and the James-like-victim bled out half-way there, and then the chair got dragged back and he finished in the chair's new location? *shrug*

[edited for further clarity]
Last edited by lain of the wired on 28 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^Silent Hill + The Ring = Best crossover evar! :D

My theory:
Missionary's jab attack was strong enough to move Harry's chair several feet. Why Claudia would've instructed the death to be quick is a mystery, but meh.

He was dragged back into place later, so Heather wouldn't suspect immediately when viewing from the door. Maybe?
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

What the fuck are either of you talking about? This is from Silent Hill 2. Woodside Apartments. Not Daisy Villa in Silent Hill 3.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^Oops?

I always have so many tabs open at once that I don't even know what SECTION I'm posting in, much less which thread....:D
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
lain of the wired

Been looking through nur ein tier's camhacks...
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

lain of the wired wrote::shock:

Even knowing the statement/concept makes no sense, my first reaction to those images is that the James-like-victim was dragged out of the TV, hit the floor, and then was dragged back and placed in the chair to continue bleeding out.

...look, I said it didn't make sense. I'm writing the thing what first popped into my head upon seeing the image, mostly because I can't think of any other circumstances that would account for that kind of splatter pattern. Maybe the chair was literally RIGHT IN FRONT OF the TV and the James-like-victim bled out half-way there, and then the chair got dragged back and he finished in the chair's new location? *shrug*

[edited for further clarity]
While that would be an interesting theory (they should have something like that in a future SH game ^_^ ), it looks to me that wannabe-James was just sitting too close to the tv. Instead of ruining his eyes, he got violently back-jabbed by PH and his pointy stick. Judging from the drag marks, it must have been pretty damned hard to pull the sword-or-spear back out of wannabe-James and the chair.
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

I think he might have actually been pushed closer to the TV after being stabbed. It would make sense, given the symbolism. PH skewers James, who is sitting in the middle of the room, and then violently shoves the chair forward to where we find it. Almost as if to force James to watch the screen.
Kaede
Just Passing Through

Post by Kaede »

It's supposed to be a generic fucked-up thing. I don't think there was a deeper intention. It's just there to make you go "oh no" or something.
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

The Adversary wrote:"During sections of the game where the New York skyline is visible in the background, the two towers of the World Trade Center are noticeably missing; the real towers were destroyed a year after the game was released. Harvey Smith has explained that due to texture memory limitations, the portion of the skyline with the twin towers exists in the game's data files but had to be left out of the final game, with the other half mirrored in place of it. According to Smith, during the game's development, the developers justified the lack of the towers by stating that terrorists had destroyed the World Trade Center earlier in the game's storyline."

Butts, Stephan (2003-02-18). "DX: Visible Interview". IGN. Retrieved September 28, 2006.
wow, I never knew that about Deus Ex, that is one seriously creepy coincidence

anyway so is the dead guy in front of the tv supposed to be a real person or not? and if so who is he? I'm confused about that part :?
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

Doo-glas wrote:wow, I never knew that about Deus Ex, that is one seriously creepy coincidence

anyway so is the dead guy in front of the tv supposed to be a real person or not? and if so who is he? I'm confused about that part :?
The character model for the dead body is James and we see James' dead body other places too (particularly there's several lumped in the first room of Eddie's boss sequence). I think it's supposed to be the Otherworld turning the tables on James' psyche, or rather his guilt is doing it with the Otherworld as a medium, and making him come face to face with his own morality since he took a life, regardless of his jutification.

The guy in the chair isn't there until Pyramid Head appears and PH 'kills' the guy (there's a muted scream from the room, then PH is just hovering around near the room) and suddenly after the body appears, along with the blood. I don't think he could 'be real' in that case.
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers