my theory ( contains spoilers)

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

sorata
Gravedigger

Re: my theory ( contains spoilers)

Post by sorata »

helldescent wrote:If in fact Laura knew/suspected Mary was transferred to a hospital ( brookhaven), she would of checked there FIRST.
So, to conclude for you, mark me wrong (please, I beg of you), your theory of Mary didn't stay at Brookhaven stands on only the fact that Laura didn't visit Brookhaven FIRST?

Weren't you also the person who said that Laura was running around trying to hide from James? How do you know her goal was not to visit Brookhaven all along she just hasn't had a chance to get there because she was too busy hiding.
helldescent wrote:Brookhaven is important because it's where James learns that Mary didn't die three years ago
You still have not answer everyone's question. Stop telling what we already know. We know Brookhaven is important, we also know Laura tried to trick James. The ultimate question is Why does it has to be in Brookhaven? Image If you think that Brookhaven was an important location where James learn this fact, why the developer choose this hospital? Why not the street, why not the bowling alley, why not in the toilet? Why Brookhaven?
Last edited by sorata on 07 Feb 2011, edited 5 times in total.
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

sorata wrote:
helldescent wrote:If in fact Laura knew/suspected Mary was transferred to a hospital ( brookhaven), she would of checked there FIRST.
So, to conclude for you, mark me wrong (please, I beg of you), your theory of Mary didn't stay at Brookhaven stands on only the fact that Laura didn't visit Brookhaven FIRST?

^ not just that fact, there are other reasons ( i apologize for my poorly written theory)

Weren't you also the person who said that Laura was running around trying to hide from James?
^
She is seen running from James through out parts of the game, yes.
She goes to Brookhaven, because she is running from James.

How do you know her goal was not to visit Brookhaven all along she just hasn't had a chance to get there because she was too busy hiding.
^
Because she would of checked there first.

if I was looking for Mary, and she told me that she is going to silent hill, i would be checking around town.
Now if she said specifically at Brookhaven hospital, i would be looking for a Brookhaven hospital, as soon as I came to town.

Not shooting the breeze with eddie.
Not screwing around in the woodside apartments.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

helldescent wrote:How do you know her goal was not to visit Brookhaven all along she just hasn't had a chance to get there because she was too busy hiding.
^
Because she would of checked there first.
Quit answering each post with the exact same answer, if you don't have a viable defense it's okay, but repeatedly telling us the same information each post is just wasting forum space, to say the least.

You can say she didn't visit Brookhaven first but you also have no clue whether it was her intention all along to visit Brookhaven. There are infinite reasons why she wouldn't visit there first (how about running away from James and got distracted, since that's your own theory, how about she doesn't know her way and went into other buildings to search for clues, how about she's a child and she does what she feels like at the moment). But all those don't even matter, because at the end they WERE in Brookhaven. Call it Silent Hill leading the characters to the hospital or the developer wants to story to lead up to the hospital, pick whatever you want, there is still got to be a reason why the hospital was the destination.

All of your running-in-circle Q&A and arguments has NOTHING to do with the main question and our counter back of this thread. Why does it has to be in Brookhaven that all happened? Image This question was asked two page before this and was brought to your attention many times afterward. If you simply answer "because Laura was hiding from James and went in there", it pretty much means you think the place was chosen as random, which will be more of an answer than any other post you've made here so far.

Answer the question.

If you don't want others to call/think you a troll, then don't act like one.
Last edited by sorata on 08 Feb 2011, edited 2 times in total.
SHF

Post by SHF »

I already told you why Laura goes to Brookhaven, many times.
I already told you why James believes Laura, many times.

Just because I DISAGREE doesn't mean I'm a TROLL.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, you have never answered the question, and you seem to be incapable of understanding what you are being asked.

By the way, let me remind you that Laura was shown Mary's pictures of her stays in Silent Hill. She knows the place to some extent, and since Mary left the hospital where she met Mary, it's not at all unusual that Laura decided to investigate all of the places Mary liked before thinking, "...Is she at the hospital? She was at this hospital before I met her, maybe she's not better yet."

And after that fruitless search, she decides to check Mary's "special place."
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

helldescent wrote: Laura is in silent hill to look for Mary. Laura doesn't know exactly where, as she is seen wondering through the apartments and the bowling alley.

If in fact Laura knew/suspected Mary was transferred to a hospital ( brookhaven), she would of checked there FIRST.

But she doesn't.
It's painfully easy to explain why she didn't check the hospital as soon as arriving in town. Laura didn't have a clear cut path to the hospital, just like James didn't have a clear path to Rosewater Park, otherwise he would've gone there first too. Every single SH game has roads blocked off by oddly placed gaping holes or walls, so it makes sense that Laura would have similar obstacles. Cybil even mentions Bachman Road* being out, so it's safe to say that NPCs experience similar things.

*I think it was Bachman Road.
SHF

Post by SHF »

AuraTwilight wrote:
By the way, let me remind you that Laura was shown Mary's pictures of her stays in Silent Hill. She knows the place to some extent, and since Mary left the hospital where she met Mary, it's not at all unusual that Laura decided to investigate all of the places Mary liked before thinking, "...Is she at the hospital? She was at this hospital before I met her, maybe she's not better yet."

And after that fruitless search, she decides to check Mary's "special place."
Look. I know Laura was shown pictures of Silent Hill by Mary.
That and the fact Mary told Laura she liked Silent Hill are why Laura travels there. I understand this.

It is not all unusual that Laura decided to investigate all of the places Mary liked-

^ Mary never was at Woodside Apartments, or at the bowling alley.
These were not places that Mary liked.

The places Mary liked were the RoseWater Park and the Lakeview Hotel.

And, AGAIN, to answer why Laura was in Brookhaven was because she runs into it after running from James from Pete's Bowl-R rama.

Brookhaven is important because it's where James learns that Mary didn't die three years ago. And he also starts remembering things. ( such as her diseased state)

He calls Laura a liar after this, out of shock, and disbelief. Yet immediately apologizes for his outburst.

The fact that he let's her trick him after this, implies he didn't actually think Laura was lying, but was just reacting out of said shock and disbelief. There is a distinction between thinking someone is a liar, and impulsively calling one a liar out of disbelief.

James calls Laura a liar for real, only after she traps him beyond the door.

Seriously, I can't be more clearer than this.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Just because I DISAGREE doesn't mean I'm a TROLL.<
You're finally right about something. However, you being a troll means you're a troll.

>because she runs into it after running from James from Pete's Bowl-R rama.<
She's not running away from James. Go watch the scene again. I dare you.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

And you know this how? You pulled this out your ass.
Brookhaven is important because it's where James learns that Mary didn't die three years ago. And he also starts remembering things. ( such as her diseased state)
No, this doesn't work. We're asking why he has to go there in the first place. What significance does this place have in of itself? Why does his journey LEAD him there? You can't use an event that happens there AFTER he arrives as justification as WHY he goes there. That's like saying "I had to piss because I went to the bathroom."
He calls Laura a liar after this, out of shock, and disbelief. Yet immediately apologizes for his outburst.

The fact that he let's her trick him after this, implies he didn't actually think Laura was lying, but was just reacting out of said shock and disbelief. There is a distinction between thinking someone is a liar, and impulsively calling one a liar out of disbelief.

This is also complete bullshit, and it's been explained to you.
What you're saying is clear, we understand what you're saying. It's just complete and utter crap.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SHF

Post by SHF »

AuraTwilight wrote:
And you know this how? You pulled this out your ass.
^ because it's what I believe. It's what went through my mind.
No, this doesn't work. We're asking why he has to go there in the first place. What significance does this place have in of itself? Why does his journey LEAD him there? You can't use an event that happens there AFTER he arrives as justification as WHY he goes there. That's like saying "I had to piss because I went to the bathroom."
^ Your'e looking for something, that isn't there. Like there is further importance as to why. There is not.

This is also complete bullshit, and it's been explained to you.
^ It's not bullshit at all.
What you're saying is clear, we understand what you're saying. It's just complete and utter crap.
^ That's your opinion. Stop being a dick, and be more mature with your responses
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's not my opinion; at the least it's the opinion of everyone else in your thread. Your responses do not fit the facts,and you respond to criticism by merely repeating yourself as if the errors in your ideas go in one ear and out the other. I wouldn't have to resort to being a dick if I were getting any other indication that any other sort of interaction would get through to you.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

You can always stop responding and let this thread sink. Anyone with common sense will be able to read the points presented in this thread and others regarding Mary's hospitalization and make up their own mind. People without common sense are not worth your concern.