Mary stayed at Brookhaven Hospital

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

JPS 79
Just Passing Through

Re: Mary stayed at Brookhaven Hospital (massive overhaul):

Post by JPS 79 »

You can add the significance that Maria dies in the Brookhaven Hospital at the hand of Pyramid Head to that list. However, isn't the road that goes out from to the town to Pleasant River completely blocked off?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>However, isn't the road that goes out from to the town to Pleasant River completely blocked off?<
It is.

I looked at the map, though, and, based on how James parked (if you can call it that), it appears he took a longer route out of town. Perhaps to collect his thoughts on what he actually did.

Or, as Ryantology has more recently discussed, perhaps he did take her home from the hospital and mulled over the situation for a couple days. Then, after having already locked into the idea he was going to kill her, he did so and brought her back to town, which was then blocked off (again).

This whole part is more on the interpretive side, but I still maintain Mary stayed at Brookhaven Hospital briefly and that he killed her somewhere other than home.
Last edited by The Adversary on 30 Aug 2021, edited 1 time in total.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Herr Shaun
Gravedigger

Post by Herr Shaun »

I'm glad you revisited this thread, because you have made far too good a case for this thing for it to let some one-off tweet be its death knell.
You've got your good things, and I've got mine.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Thanks! I'm proud of it, for sure. And I love seeing the occasional but ever-present MARY DIDN'T STAY AT BROOKHAVEN comments on Facebook or Reddit or wherever. I don't care what Masahiro Ito says: SILENT HILL 2 did not take place in the '70s/'80s and Mary stayed at Brookhaven Hospital. And I will put that on my headstone if I have to.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.