Silent Hill 2 script

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

restlessdreams2000
Just Passing Through

Silent Hill 2 script

Post by restlessdreams2000 »

Hey everyone I am starting to work on a script for the silent hill 2 game and I wanted the fans input. I myself have been a fan of silent hill 2 since I first got it on the ps2 but I always like to get other peoples views. Anyway tell me things you would like to see in a script and things you wouldn't.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Er...what the hell are doing here? Just a transcript of all the text in the game, or some sort of screenplay, or what?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

You might want to try posting in Indian Runner. Also, it would help if you explained your project. Generally a game script is just that - the actual script from the game.
WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by WolfSiberia »

They have those on Neoseeker, I think. Well, a lot of games do, but I haven't checked on SH2.
November 30, 2009 - R.I.P. Akira Yamaoka's career. Goodnight Sweet Prince.
[spoiler]Its mentioned in the play novel that Heather's birthday is April 20th...
Which is my birthday, weed day, and Hitler's birthday.[/spoiler]
Eric-3
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Eric-3 »

There's a transcription on GameFAQs...but I'm not sure what he's asking about either. http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/437029-sile ... faqs/18290
Keiko
Just Passing Through

Post by Keiko »

Sorry for my bad english...
sorata
Gravedigger

Re: Silent Hill 2 script

Post by sorata »

restlessdreams2000 wrote:Hey everyone I am starting to work on a script for the silent hill 2 game and I wanted the fans input. I myself have been a fan of silent hill 2 since I first got it on the ps2 but I always like to get other peoples views. Anyway tell me things you would like to see in a script and things you wouldn't.
Do you mean you're working on a project to re-work the script of Silent Hill 2? Like doing a movie, etc?
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

^ If so, that seems interesting.
restlessdreams2000
Just Passing Through

yea I mean like I am trying make silent hill 2 into a movie. So I am wokring on script and a screenplay.
otto2302
Just Passing Through

Post by otto2302 »

Sounds like an idea over there. I mean, if its well written and isn't just walkthrough of the game (lol) I will probably take a look for it :o
Artstation

"It comes from nowhere to awaken the man with pyramid helmet to his mission".
restlessdreams2000
Just Passing Through

otto2302 wrote:Sounds like an idea over there. I mean, if its well written and isn't just walkthrough of the game (lol) I will probably take a look for it :o
Thats why I am asking the fans I want to hear what they want.
otto2302
Just Passing Through

Post by otto2302 »

restlessdreams2000 wrote:
otto2302 wrote:Sounds like an idea over there. I mean, if its well written and isn't just walkthrough of the game (lol) I will probably take a look for it :o
Thats why I am asking the fans I want to hear what they want.
Yeah totally, I wish you would do it. And don't just do walkthrough or include stuff like "James picked up nutrition drink" etc. That wouldn't be so well written and it would turn more like... walkthrough, like I said.

I mean, I have started reading few scripts but after the start cutscenes and wonderings they turn like "You can see a nutrition drink/first aid kit/bullets in the place X now." And stuff like that isn't fun to read. I have played the game, I don't really want to see walkthrough afterwards. If you start doing some kind of screenplay and stuff, I'd be happy to read it.
Artstation

"It comes from nowhere to awaken the man with pyramid helmet to his mission".
SilverWolfPet
Just Passing Through

Post by SilverWolfPet »

If you write the script, I'd be willing to help you on that and also film it.
restlessdreams2000
Just Passing Through

I was thinking about two things as I was writing

1. maybe not telling everyone that mary had died three years ago and little by little you find out James killed her.

2. Maybe have a flashback of Frank Sunderland telling James not to go to silent hill.

Thoughts?