Questionnaire for Silent Hill: Homecoming?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

jinmunsuen
Just Passing Through

Questionnaire for Silent Hill: Homecoming?

Post by jinmunsuen »

I'm doing a study for survival-horror games. I chose to look at Silent Hill: Homecoming, Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Dead Space 2. So I thought it would be a great idea to get feedback from the forums :D
It's for my dissertation, and I would be really grateful if I got some feedback from the horror fans! I really like survival-horror myself, and I think Silent Hill is my favourite, the reason I picked Silent Hill: Homecoming though is so I could have a variety and not just the really good classics- I don't think SH5 was that great, but I still need to research it.

------------EDIT-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow guys!
This is probably the most successful forum I've gone to so far. Thank you so much! I've taken down the link to the questionnaire now, since I'll be closing it for analysis.
Again, many thanks for the amount of participants, I'm so please with the amount of people who filled it in (69! great number). So in a week's time I'll be posting my findings here. Of course it's just statistics so take it how you will *bow*. Till next week (End of Jan). :mrgreen:
Last edited by jinmunsuen on 22 Jan 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Re: Questionnaire for Silent Hill: Homecoming?

Post by Typographenia »

I filled it out and attempted to submit it, but it said there was an error.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

I wouldn't consider Dead Island horror, personally...
I'll try the survey now. :)
EDIT: Ok, I did the survey.
I hope it registered. I hit "Submit," and at the top in blue it notified me that posting of the survey was successful.

Thanks for the survey. It was fun.
jinmunsuen
Just Passing Through

Post by jinmunsuen »

Typographenia wrote:I filled it out and attempted to submit it, but it said there was an error.
I'm really sorry you got an error, it happens when there is a field missing (it would have stated in the error) or perhaps a server problem, but thank you for attempting to fill it in anyways :?
thy_butcher wrote:I wouldn't consider Dead Island horror, personally...
I'll try the survey now. :)
EDIT: Ok, I did the survey.
I hope it registered. I hit "Submit," and at the top in blue it notified me that posting of the survey was successful.

Thanks for the survey. It was fun.
Thank you, yes you successfully submitted it :) it reloads the page for people to fill it out a second or third time (if they've played the other games). :D Thanks very much for filling it in!
jinmunsuen
Just Passing Through

Post by jinmunsuen »

Thanks for your time people! I had quite a lot of results, hopefully by next week I will get enough for the last game. Calling has been changed to Dead Space 2, since nobody has really played the game.

Please, if you've played Dead Space 2, I would love to read your feedback on it.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

I filled the hell out of that survey.
SilentWren
Historical Society Historian

Post by SilentWren »

I took the time to fill it out, babe. Hope the feedback helps you!
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Just filled it out for Homecoming and Dead Space 2. I made myself stop and ponder when I answered that Isaac can defend himself well and in lots of ways, yet answered the next question that I still feel vulnerable as hell in that game. Gotta love it. :mrgreen: