An interesting thing I noticed, has anyone else? *Spoilers*

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

korbandallas
Just Passing Through

An interesting thing I noticed, has anyone else? *Spoilers*

Post by korbandallas »

Everyone knows that if you get the Hospital ending that Alex's dad is dressed up as docter right. When your going through the hospital at the beginning you can examine a corpse that has been sliced in half vertically in the room wih the nurses. If you look closely it is his dad from the Hospital ending, and his is killed just like you see him in the church later on. Sorry if this is old.
Wet Granny Fudge
Just Passing Through

Post by Wet Granny Fudge »

Yeah I've noticed. The guy wheeling you through the hallway on stretcher in the beginning is also your dad, and the same guy who gets sliced in-half, and the same guy you get the key from. I guess it kind of foreshadows what's going to happen to your dad later on in the game. And yes, this has been mentioned before, but no problem, this thread might get locked. But you won't be anywhere in my league. I have almost set a record for locked threads, and I haven't tried. =(
Returbuliz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Returbuliz »

Yes I've seen that too.
It was like a premonition to me. Good thing the developers included.
Also there's the boogyman knife 'replica' in Adam's workshop, just wondering.
Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die
19pack
Just Passing Through

Post by 19pack »

Probably has been mentioned before, but has anyone ever suggested that the Hospital section could actually be the chronological end to the story? As in, the reason Alex sees the other children murders and the Orderly as his dad (who is later seen in two vertically sliced pieces) is because he had just seen/experienced a lot of all that throughout the main brunt of Silent Hill Homecoming?

That one of the 'endings' (the hospital ending springs to mind...) is an ending which best suits the idea that either all of Homecoming was a stange half real/half unreal 'dream' (like the mental patient's supposed experience of the Otherworld implied n the doctor's note in Brookhaven in SH2) or that SH Homecoming DID definitely all happen, but led to that ending somehow without it being a dream?

Alex has the same torch on him in the hospital 'dream' before he ever picked it up from Josh's bed supposedly later on when he arrived in Shepherd's Glen. Maybe Alex is caught in some strange kind of loop. NOT time travel, but some weird paranormal mental or psychological loop of sorts. Perhaps brought about by a combination of very real Otherworld influence and electroconvulsive treatment as seen in the hopital ending.

Maybe this comment is better suited to the 'Escape from Alchemilla!' thread...
Kupomee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kupomee »

I agree with those theories, there's certainly some strange things going on with the chronology in the game.
It's on my mental 'to look at'-things for next playthrough actually. Would be cool if one of the endings really fit the timeloop idea, my theory is that every ending contains it's own explanation for the entire game, but I haven't been able to look into that much.
"We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our little life is rounded with a sleep."
19pack
Just Passing Through

Post by 19pack »

Agreed.

Despite my own personal 'Otherworld mind-loop' theory dependant on the hospital ending, I would still err on agreeing more with the official line that 'all the endings are canon' and that there's evidence in each ending to support each ending's own particular interpretaion of everything.
BloodRedScarlet
Just Passing Through

Post by BloodRedScarlet »

I noticed it. On the second play through, when I went to get the key, the first thing I thought was " Dad...?!"

Creepy stuff...I wish Alex had commented on it. :(