my dear nurse your pregnant

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Josh, if he is in fact a ghost, isn’t the only ghost we see in SHH, there’s also Carol, the door lady, who proves ghosts are clueless about the world around them.
You know as well as I do that there are different types of ghosts in Silent Hill.

Also, Ernest. He certainly has information he has no damned business knowing.
I don’t know all that much about biology, but don’t males produce semen all of their lives? Unless Adam was in an accident or something, but that would have been mentioned.
There are complications that can happen just like with women, you know. Maybe he has a narrow urethra, and both kids they had were EXTREMELY LUCKY pregnancies? The two are certainly pretty old to be having a kid around Josh's age.
Maybe I’m misunderstanding you, but, if the Order was pulled in by means other then their own, in a world teeming with monsters. Wouldn’t they be freaking out? Asking god why they were being punished for the transgressions of SG?
You seem to misunderstand, the Order we're familiar with wasn't pulled in. SG cultists, like Holloway, decided to revert back to "The old ways" in order to redeem themselves, effectively going back to the Order.
Alessa was psychic, town’s people were not. Alessa consciously pulled everyone into the otherworld, town’s people did not.
Yea, so? One person pulling in a bunch of people is a lot different from, say, I don't know, 60(?) people pulling in 15(?) other people. Not to mention that psychic powers aren't necessarily a prerequisite to draw other people into your Otherworld, as SH2 seems to hint at.
Kind of, I miss Ito and his over-the-top symbolism. Like how the lying figures spat acid out of their mouths as defense. It’s not just the way the attack, they represent how Mary defended herself. "What are you looking at? Get the hell out of here! Leave me alone already."
This is true, but I don't see any sort of dissonance with the fetii being inside the nurses. For one, where else would they be? And two, pregnancies and hospitals go together, as do pregnancies and sex. And what are the nurses? Hospital and sex symbolism.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

Does anybody remember the fetus.
an a corpse cant laugh =)
Just Passing Through

Post by an a corpse cant laugh =) »

i remember seeing a weird glowing thing in the nurses
but i just thought i was seeing things lol
could it be to do with alessa? didnt she fall pregnant in the movie?
an give birth to sharon? im probably geting confused lol
Architect Eyes
Just Passing Through

Post by Architect Eyes »

an a corpse cant laugh =) wrote:i remember seeing a weird glowing thing in the nurses
(Jumps off a cliff.)

Movie =/= game series.
'Bill... Bill... Bill... Bill... Letter from dead wife... Bill...'
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

an a corpse cant laugh =) wrote:i remember seeing a weird glowing thing in the nurses
Movie Alessa wasn't pregnant, The Demon split Alessa in 2 parts leaving the hatred and pain in the Burned Alessa at the hospital and the inocence in the baby that Rose adopted as Sharon...

Don't mix the movie with the games (Is funny to say that when we're talking about SHH)
an a corpse cant laugh =)
Just Passing Through

Post by an a corpse cant laugh =) »

KageReneko wrote:
Movie Alessa wasn't pregnant, The Demon split Alessa in 2 parts leaving the hatred and pain in the Burned Alessa at the hospital and the inocence in the baby that Rose adopted as Sharon...

Don't mix the movie with the games (Is funny to say that when we're talking about SHH)
ohhhh i guess that makes sense.
in a weird silent hill way lol
cookerpower
Just Passing Through

Post by cookerpower »

What if Alex had an affair with a nurse in the hospital, left before she could tell him and the town is trying to hint that (just kidding hehe) :mrgreen:
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

I think there wouold have been a memo or something lol
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Also, Ernest. He certainly has information he has no damned business knowing.
Enough research leads one to answers s/he otherwise might not find. He also presumably worked at Brookhaven Hospital, where Mary stayed briefly, and as such would have the information available to him, however directly.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

well the is always the possibility that alex is psychic. That would explain the nightmares and the items transporting him.
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

ww_andi wrote:well the is always the possibility that alex is psychic. That would explain the nightmares and the items transporting him.
No. Just no. For all we know Alex could already know all about the SG cult, Adam could have told him everything out of guilt and frustration as he drove an incoherent, post breakdown Alex to Alchemilla. This way the knowledge would seep into Alex's subconscious, allowing for the forshadowing of the children's deaths in his nightmare. In which case, it wouldn't be a foreshadowing at all, but the subconscious manifestation of information which, on some level, he already knew. That is, after all, what dreams are.

I'm not saying that this is what happened, just that I'd rather that than Alex being psychic.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
nobody
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nobody »

I think since Travis must have picked Alex up somewhere near Silent Hill and they are driving to Shepherd's Glen, Alex could already be influenced by the otherworld. The whole dream is a mix of things, that really happened.
there's comfort in silence
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Enough research leads one to answers s/he otherwise might not find. He also presumably worked at Brookhaven Hospital, where Mary stayed briefly, and as such would have the information available to him, however directly.
That doesn't explain how he knows Maria's real nature based entirely off an off-hand remark, and is able to deduce the entirety of James' backstory. Especially if James killed Mary only a few hours-days ago.
No. Just no. For all we know Alex could already know all about the SG cult, Adam could have told him everything out of guilt and frustration as he drove an incoherent, post breakdown Alex to Alchemilla. This way the knowledge would seep into Alex's subconscious, allowing for the forshadowing of the children's deaths in his nightmare. In which case, it wouldn't be a foreshadowing at all, but the subconscious manifestation of information which, on some level, he already knew. That is, after all, what dreams are.
This doesn't explain why he saw the precise ways the other children were killed, and why he saw Pyramid Head, the other monsters, and the Otherworld shifts before he experienced them in the real world, since he didn't really exclusively make most of it.

Oh, and Adam didn't tell Alex shit. He was fucking delusional, why spill your heart out to someone who can't really "hear" you?
I think since Travis must have picked Alex up somewhere near Silent Hill and they are driving to Shepherd's Glen, Alex could already be influenced by the otherworld. The whole dream is a mix of things, that really happened.
So you're basically saying Alex could've been like that "furthermore, he's happy there" guy everyone brings up so much? I can definitely roll with that.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

AuraTwilight wrote:
This doesn't explain why he saw the precise ways the other children were killed, and why he saw Pyramid Head, the other monsters, and the Otherworld shifts before he experienced them in the real world, since he didn't really exclusively make most of it.

Oh, and Adam didn't tell Alex shit. He was fucking delusional, why spill your heart out to someone who can't really "hear" you?
Did you miss this part of my post? "I'm not saying that this is what happened, just that I'd rather that than Alex being psychic."

EDIT: Anyway, why not spill your heart out to someone who can't really hear you? Especially if that person is the son that you've raised for no reason other than to be a sacrifice, who you've treated like shit for his entire life in order to distance yourself from him so that you can perform the act, and then not be able to do it anyway. I'd say that he's the best person to spill your heart out to. The fact that he can't really hear you doesn't matter.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

Yet there is no indication of that taking place.
nobody
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nobody »

AuraTwilight wrote:So you're basically saying Alex could've been like that "furthermore, he's happy there" guy everyone brings up so much? I can definitely roll with that.
To be honest, i don't really understand what you mean.

What i'm saying is that Alex stayed at Alchemilla Hospital. So I wouldn't be suprised if he really escaped "with the help" of the otherworld. At the time the otherworld spread from Toluca Lake towards Shepherd's Glen. From Elle's diary we know it became all foggy and Wheeler even saw some monsters from his roof top. What i'm saying is basically that the two layers of the two cities are connected or could be seen as one great.

But the children were sacrified and layed down on the altars in Silent Hill itself, so maybe there isn't even a need for my thinking.
there's comfort in silence
SaneForSoLong
Just Passing Through

Post by SaneForSoLong »

It´s awesome! Everytime i pass one of them nurses, i got to stop and look at her monster infant!
Pray for the children you lost along the way. Still remember the names and faces. Cold and abandoned they cry, their fate put in your hands, when it´s over they´ll come to haunt you!
Xerophan
Just Passing Through

Post by Xerophan »

I can't wait to play again (which will most likely occur later tonight) so that I may see this. So neat!
2 Favorite Quotes:

"[color=#0000FF]I was weak. That’s why I needed you.... Needed someone to punish me for my sins.... But that’s all over now.... I know the truth.... Now it’s time to end this."[/color]--James Sunderland

[color=#BF0000]"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty....It's all the same once you're dead. And a corpse can't laugh."[/color]--Eddie
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

Fuck me, I never even saw that at all until tonight. Thanks for the photos.
I don't know what to make of them right now, though. :P
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

Not a problem i tried my best with my tiny little camera lol.