Holloway hints... *Spoilers*

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Holloway hints... *Spoilers*

Post by Biccard »

On all 3 of my playthroughs, I noticed Judge Holloways eyes. One of them sometimes changes eyecolor, to a much lighter color, close to gray/white. It looks really creepy and evil. Is this a hint to the fact that she's gonna be hostile later? Or is it simply an attempt to do some lighting effects? This is not is anyone elses eyes.
Loveless_Dogg
Historical Society Historian

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

Hmm...don't know....My ex's eyes did the same thing in real life and her eye color is Hazel...soo.....I don't know. Maybe it was done deliberately.
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

Your ex girlfriends eyes changed colors spontaneously?
Lostkitsune
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Lostkitsune »

Biccard wrote:Your ex girlfriends eyes changed colors spontaneously?
For certain people their eye colors change fairly often, normally just different shades of the same color. I think something similar is happening to Holloway, or perhaps its just something to show how she is gradually more crazy
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

Yeah, but hers changes for seconds. From [whatever eye color she has] to white. She looks really insane when this happens. 2 particular places I remember this, is when Alex meets her for the first time, by the Town Hall, and when she leaves the room lookin suspicious, before the Asphyxia fight.
Lostkitsune

Post by Lostkitsune »

Ah within seconds you say? That IS a bit unusual, maybe its just a lighting thing? I should play through again and check it out for myself.
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

Yeah, it doesn't really fade or anything, it just changes and stays that way for seconds. And then suddenly goes back. She the only character it happens to, and it's only on one eye. Maybe it's to suggest that she's gonna be crazy later on.
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

In these instances she had light directed at her. It’s probably both, a light effect, and a hint of evilness. They probably wanted to make you feel there’s something wrong with her, but in a subtle way, like they did with Angela in SH2.

IRL, I never noticed any human eyes reacting like that to light. Only those of animals.
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

Me neither!
NOT to critisize DH or anything, but maybe it's a bad attempt on lighting effects? Have you noticed the shadows of Elle's eyelashes?
I think it may be a hint of evilness in Judge Holloway. After all she does turn towards Alex later in the game. Taking over Adam's role. I just got so much more knowledge and understanding on my 3rd playthrough :D Understanding much more notes and cutscenes and everything :D
Screws
Just Passing Through

Post by Screws »

just a technical side effect i think. it happens. in changing light, things are bound to change color. i doubt it has any major significance
Kyou
Just Passing Through

Post by Kyou »

Well, my ex had grey eyes... They're known to seem like they change color due to light effects. Sometimes they would feel like they're blue, somedays they would seem green, somedays neither, somedays simply grey...

It's quite beautiful if you think about it...

Found it on Wiki as well:

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color

"Visually, gray eyes often tend to appear to change between the shades of blue, green and gray; this is because gray eyes are extremely light, as mentioned before. The color change for gray eyes is usually influenced by the lighting and the colors in the surroundings (such as clothes, makeup, etc.)."

The glint might appear even evil at times (that's why we probably broke up, hahaha :P Just kidding).

What color were Judge Holloways' eyes again?
Y hi thar =)
woofy

Post by woofy »

My eyes change colour, and I'm not evil. Or am I...? :twisted: muahahaha. *sigh*
Greiver
Just Passing Through

Post by Greiver »

I have grey eyes and they change all the time, I think that the major creepy bitch vibe they have radiating off of her gave it away for me....I mean who is in their office when the street is in peices, townsfolk are missing and there are evil BDSM gorillas running around.

^sorry woofy but your *sigh* just annonced that you are about as evil as a bag of frozen peas...
Checking into reality
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

A very evil bag of peas. :D My eyes used to change colors a lot when I was younger. My mom told me they had no color at all when I was born, and it freaked the doctor who delivered me out. They would change between brown, gray, and green, until they finally settled on a funky combo of all three. Now they change color, or so I'm told, depending on my mood or health status. If I have a headache, they turn a very dark color, or if I'm extremely happy, they turn a bright green.
Something bothered me about Judge Holloway the whole game. I think it was her hair. It was too still, like it was from The Sims or something. :)
OverlordMikey
Just Passing Through

Post by OverlordMikey »

I thought the same thing about Jugde Holloway's eyes (I thought they where creepy. I didn't notice it was the color changing untill the 2nd time I played)
My eyes sometime look like that....I have Hazel eyes.....but I am a very nice person. Your don't think I am evil do you? :( :cry: of course not..r...right? :) :D

Um Peachy (mind if I call you Peachy? It's cute)
Um ever consider your...well..evil and don't know it.

(When I play the Sims I like to burn my sims then have them haunt the grounds for all eternity!!! :D It's quite fun..... I starve them sometimes to, but's it's to slow and they don't scream enough! :D Did I mention I'm good...yeah just sayin')
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

It's most likely just poor lighting effects/graphics (SHH is full of them).

We once theorized that Alex being blurry in the mirrors he encountered signified that he might not be able to look himself in the face. It, in fact, turned out to be something developers used to... do something rather. It was common, though, and let go for being more of a 'loldevs' thing rather than DH being clever.

Holloway doesn't have any supernatural powers. It wouldn't really make any sense for her eyes to be changing color.
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

OverlordMikey wrote:Um Peachy (mind if I call you Peachy? It's cute)
Um ever consider your...well..evil and don't know it.

(When I play the Sims I like to burn my sims then have them haunt the grounds for all eternity!!! Very Happy It's quite fun..... I starve them sometimes to, but's it's to slow and they don't scream enough! Very Happy Did I mention I'm good...yeah just sayin')
You may call me Peachy. :) Most people here do. :)
I have, indeed, considered that possibility, and the jury is still out. :mrgreen:
I do the same things with my Sims, except I do it to people I get mad at. I create a Sim for them and kill the crap out of it. :)

You know what I found creepy about the Holloways? The fact that their last name was Holloway and had a missing daughter with a name beginning with "N".