Is it good?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

How good is SILENT HILL V: HOMECOMING ???

Very good
28%
Pretty good
42%
Mediocre
20%
Pretty bad
5%
Complete shite
5%

Total votes: 97

SPRINGS02
Historical Society Historian
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Kenji wrote:
SPRINGS02 wrote:uhh just kinda curious here who are lovecraft and Freud?
H.P. Lovecraft was an early 20th century author from Rhode Island, who created a brand of science fiction horror that relied almost solely on the fear of the unknown and the scientifically impossible. His stories often featured humans running into forces they are ill-equipped physically or mentally to deal with, often forcing said humans to realize their race's insignificance in the larger universe and fall into despair and madness.

Unfortunately, Lovecraft was a social failure, an unabashed racist, and (arguably worst of all) a horrible writer. Nevertheless, his contribution to modern horror (and Silent Hill) is undeniable.

Sigmund Freud is the first man you'll learn about in any psychology textbook. Frankly, I can't believe you don't know who he is...
Ok now that i think about it i know who freud is (I took intro to psychology this year) i've just been up really late and im not thinkin clearly. I'll have to look into lovecraft some if he's really influenced horror that much.
Revolverhawk
Just Passing Through

Re: Is it good?

Post by Revolverhawk »

Squarehead wrote:Let's see if i can get this poll working, i don't remember how it works.

If you gonna enter a review don't include any spoilers. This topic is intended for everyone but especially to help those who haven't played the game yet... me.

How would you compare it to the previous games of the series?
It can't be compared. People acted like they were stoned/high in previous games. People(generally) acted more normal in this one. It's two different emotional thrill rides. But this game is still very good.