So far the game seems to be very hard.

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

GioGio wrote:I realized when you die and press continue, it starts from the last save point obviously, however, any health items, ammo used during that time will be lost, so in my opinion, it's best to not continue and just reload from last save point.

I'm pretty sure this is correct cause I checked my items after dying and realized my serum was gone.
I'm playing hard mode on the 360, and I'm not losing anything from the last checkpoint when I continue.
th3_us3d08
Just Passing Through

Post by th3_us3d08 »

yes!
i got past the part i was stuck on...
but i still have very minimal health, but i did get a serum, so thats a plus.

can anyone tell me if there are any monsters in the part where the fan puzzle is?

i haven't found a save spot and i want to be POSITIVE i dont screw this up lol
i'd kill for you and eat the flesh, give you the heart and burn the rest. a thousand miles ain't shit to walk if i'm walking to hold you.
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

You get one right after that, you're fine. Until you leave the save room, lolz
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

Got to Sherif and killed by the two Schisms... well, 4 to be precise... Thanks KLGChaos for posting the strategy advise... will definitely try!

I'm with Thomas, I can't do fighting games like this to save my life. :D
th3_us3d08
Just Passing Through

Post by th3_us3d08 »

ok, i got thru with the boss battle...
a lot of people have said Scarlet is really hard..

i had no problems, i used one health drink just because i went into the battle with half health.
i'm sure it can be a difficult battle, but, she didnt attack me that much...she just kinda stood still as i bashed her cute little ceramic face in... :?
i'd kill for you and eat the flesh, give you the heart and burn the rest. a thousand miles ain't shit to walk if i'm walking to hold you.
KLGChaos
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by KLGChaos »

Qsilver7850 wrote:I've accidently used every single serum I've ever found in the game so far. That sucks. But I don't reload. I can still do it!
At least it extends your health bar. :)
I'm offended by political correctness.
overachiever547
Gravedigger

Post by overachiever547 »

Thanks for the strategy, KLG! I didn't have any real difficulty with any monsters but the Schism, but now I can take them down.

And I'm weirdly satisfied to know that that Hotel Nurse killed (and completely threw off guard) more players than just me. She completely owned me...when I reloaded my game, I popped several caps into her and wouldn't let her come within 10 feet of me. Afterwards, every nurse I saw in the game, I was deathly terrified of more than any other monster. :mrgreen:
Hurm...
KLGChaos
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by KLGChaos »

overachiever547 wrote:Thanks for the strategy, KLG! I didn't have any real difficulty with any monsters but the Schism, but now I can take them down.

And I'm weirdly satisfied to know that that Hotel Nurse killed (and completely threw off guard) more players than just me. She completely owned me...when I reloaded my game, I popped several caps into her and wouldn't let her come within 10 feet of me. Afterwards, every nurse I saw in the game, I was deathly terrified of more than any other monster. :mrgreen:
No problem. It's what the guide is for. Next time you play, you won't even have to shoot her. Just turn off your light, be patient and own her when she stops moving. If you don't kill her on the first set of attacks, just back off and wait for her to stop again. You can take down a whole room of nurses this way.

I've also updated my tips and ticks post with strategies for the first two bosses, as well.
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

It took me about three hours last night to finally say I know how to deal with the Schisms in the Police Station. I have to say, I wish I master how to dodge a little earlier in the game. Now though, I don't even think they're my enemies anymore, they're like my stalkers who I occasionally beat up. :D
KLGChaos
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by KLGChaos »

sorata wrote:It took me about three hours last night to finally say I know how to deal with the Schisms in the Police Station. I have to say, I wish I master how to dodge a little earlier in the game. Now though, I don't even think they're my enemies anymore, they're like my stalkers who I occasionally beat up. :D
It didn't take me that long, but I did reload the game about 10-12 times from the save point just before it, before I got the whole sequence down. It helped me learn how they move better and let me get through without taking too much damage.

I updated my tips and tricks with Order Member help. First one I faced I didn't even know what there. I went to grab some bullets (that I couldn't pick up), I turned around and he was right in my face. Scared the crap out of me. Dodged out of the way and killed him with two pistol shots to the head. All those days of playing Halo paid off. :D And unlike RE, you can at least strafe while using your guns, you just suffer accuracy problems, just like in real life.
Last edited by KLGChaos on 06 Oct 2008, edited 1 time in total.
GioGio
Historical Society Historian

Post by GioGio »

Prosecutor Gavin wrote:God, attacks in this game really do look like they hurt. Like when a feral just leaps and rips at Alex's arm, I just need to stop and wince and be like ouch, that's something he'd be feeling in the morning.
I know and the Schism, if you don't release yourself from their grip, they rip you in half.

I'm in the Police Station, I assume I'm not to far in the game. The one thing I hate besides the combat is the lack of ammo (hopefully that will change as the game goes on). In the other SH's they usually give you enough ammo for the whole game cause I'm not to crazy about using a melee weapon most of the game. Plus, there's certain enemies that always rape me when using a melee.

Lastly, need to practice on my dodge/attack, without the strategy, I am done for. If I'm having troubles now, I don't even want to think of the difficulty to come.
I hope there's lots of ammo to come, this way, I have a chance.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/tzack/0212.jpg[/img]
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real
jdmma70
Just Passing Through

Post by jdmma70 »

You can only carry so much ammo, so either way youre screwed
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

KLGChaos wrote:
sorata wrote:It took me about three hours last night to finally say I know how to deal with the Schisms in the Police Station. I have to say, I wish I master how to dodge a little earlier in the game. Now though, I don't even think they're my enemies anymore, they're like my stalkers who I occasionally beat up. :D
It didn't take me that long, but I did reload the game about 10-12 times from the save point just before it, before I got the whole sequence down. It helped me learn how they move better and let me get through without taking too much damage.

I updated my tips and tricks with Order Member help. First one I faced I didn't even know what there. I went to grab some bullets (that I couldn't pick up), I turned around and he was right in my face. Scared the crap out of me. Dodged out of the way and killed him with two pistol shots to the head. All those days of playing Halo paid off. :D And unlike RE, you can at least strafe while using your guns, you just suffer accuracy problems, just like in real life.
Oh, on your guide about Schisms, you only mentioned there were a health drink in the cracked window room, there were actually another health drink in the men's washroom. At the end, I managed to grab both of them before going through the whole to fight the next two Schisms.

One thing to note at that level, is that the best strategy is NOT to finish off the two Schisms at first. If you kill both of them, three of them will pop out from the side (where the hallway was blocked). I would recommend what KLG did by avoiding the initial two as much as possible.

After at least 40 (I'm not kidding) reload, I don't even look at the Schisms anymore. :D

GioGio: you can fight the Schisms using melee easily. My weapon of choice for them is the pipe (it's faster than the axe which is a huge benefit). If you are close enough, dodge its attack, then two fast attack follow by one strong attack is the combo to use. It will never be able to fight back.
Last edited by sorata on 06 Oct 2008, edited 1 time in total.
GioGio
Historical Society Historian

Post by GioGio »

jdmma70 wrote:You can only carry so much ammo, so either way youre screwed
LOL, oh well, I guess I need to work on my dodge attack.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/tzack/0212.jpg[/img]
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real
KLGChaos
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by KLGChaos »

sorata wrote:
KLGChaos wrote:

Oh, on your guide about Schisms, you only mentioned there were a health drink in the cracked window room, there were actually another health drink in the men's washroom. At the end, I managed to grab both of them before going through the whole to fight the next two Schisms.

One thing to note at that level, is that the best strategy is NOT to finish off the two Schisms at first. If you kill both of them, three of them will pop out from the side (where the hallway was blocked). I would recommend what KLG did by avoiding the initial two as much as possible.

After at least 40 (I'm not kidding) reload, I don't even look at the Schisms anymore. :D

GioGio: you can fight the Schisms using melee easily. My weapon of choice for them is the pipe (it's faster than the axe which is a huge benefit). If you are close enough, dodge its attack, then two fast attack follow by one strong attack is the combo to use. It will never be able to fight back.
Ah, didn't know about the washroom one. I looked on the map and thought I could head in there, but I didn't see the door as I was running away. :P

I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever even use a Serum to boost my health pool. I've got 6 of them and haven't touched them because I still have 14 health drinks and 6 health packs inside the Prison. :\

Updated my guide with the boss Asphyxia. Damn, she was easy compared to Scarlet.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Lucky you! I've used like 3 Serums so far! I got one left and no other healing items!!! This game is a bitch!
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

Sometimes it's the lighting that's your worst enemy. There's a few battles in the game it's very hard to see the attacks coming your way. Especially the Grand Hotel. Fucking A, that place is dark.
Meeks
Just Passing Through

Post by Meeks »

man to beat scarlet I used 2 serums and a heal drink..>< she was honestly one of the best bosses of the whole series, maybe THE best. (I haven't fought any bosses after scarlet, Im in the boat chapter x_X )
KLGChaos
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by KLGChaos »

ur-vile wrote:Sometimes it's the lighting that's your worst enemy. There's a few battles in the game it's very hard to see the attacks coming your way. Especially the Grand Hotel. Fucking A, that place is dark.
It may be that my t.v. is brighter than others (it's an old, clunky 27 incher), but I've had no problems with the lighting at all in the game. Even the flashlight, which was complained about on IGN.Com didn't give me any trouble. I can see just fine. The only time I had any trouble seeing anything at all was during the Scarlet fight the first time. Before I knew her movements, the light coming from behind the spinning fan made it hard to see them.

And just so people know, there's 8 serums in the game and once you reach Silent Hill, health items become a bit more abundant. I just reached the Church (the area after the Prison) with 7 of the 8 serums, 15 health drinks and 7 medkits. I think I can stop being so stingy with my health items now. :)
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

^Well I was trying to play by the rules somewhat and not set the brightness on the tv and the game up all the way. I'm guessing someone is a dirty, rotten cheater :mrgreen: