Scarlet

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Scarlet

Post by The Adversary »

An interesting observation came to me today while looking through Silent Hill: Homecoming information. In SH:H there is a boss named Scarlet--a 10-feet-tall doll-like monster. In Silent Hill, there are 2 dolls sitting on Alessa's floor near the bed in her bedroom. In Silent Hill 3, Heather indicates that she remembers them. She says, "I used to take these dolls with me when I went to bed. Scarlet and . . . Damn, I forgot the other one's name. In fact, I don't even know which one is Scarlet."

Arbitrary name, coincidence, or something else? I find it peculiar that a doll-like monster is named Scarlet when Alessa had a doll w/ the same name.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
DarkeningNightmare
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by DarkeningNightmare »

there could be a connection there. i guess we'll have to wait and see
"It is the end of days, and i am the Reaper."-Dark Alessa
The Hawk's Eye
Just Passing Through

Post by The Hawk's Eye »

Nice connection. Can't wait to finally play it and see all the theorizing in action! : D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/3026/ultimatemofohawkeyeanimatedur5.gif[/img][/url]
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

this is nice... but this is also why i kinda want to stay away from here (or any SH board) until after i play the game. theories like this can somehow turn out to be true. you form this connection, spoiling things, before even playing the game so that when they turn out to become reality, it's not as surprising or shocking. reminds me about how the big climax in SH3 was spoiled due to all of the hunches and theories.

again, good one! i would've never remembered something like this. i look forward to your thread(s) regarding SH:H
JamesisBetterThanHarry22
Just Passing Through

Post by JamesisBetterThanHarry22 »

Anyone noticed also that Alex is the 3rd person to start a SH game in a dream? Coincidence? If this is, he might have a relation to the Gillespies or Masons. Unless Henry can be put in the mix, but his storyline seems way far off from the original one.
Last edited by JamesisBetterThanHarry22 on 27 Sep 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Come Murphy. The town awaits you.
Radical Dreamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Radical Dreamer »

Anyone noticed also that Alex is the 3rd person to start a SH game in a dream?
Fourth.

I really hope that it's just a little easter egg and Homecoming stays away from the Alessa arc; between Origins, 1, 3, the movie, and various non-canon games, I think that particular story has been beaten to death.

Besides, after how much DH's PR prattled on about moving back to a SH2-esc story, they better not have caved in.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

Interesting observation. I wonder what connections, if any SH:H has to the Alessa story. I'm hoping there is a connection in this case. I'm hoping they didn't just pull out a name and make a boss out of it thinking that a fan would go "Oh hey! I remember that name!"
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

I'd rather have that as opposed to another Alessa spin-off tale.
Icarus
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Scarlet

Post by Icarus »

Mockingbird wrote:An interesting observation came to me today while looking through Silent Hill: Homecoming information. In SH:H there is a boss named Scarlet--a 10-feet-tall doll-like monster. In Silent Hill, there are 2 dolls sitting on Alessa's floor near the bed in her bedroom. In Silent Hill 3, Heather indicates that she remembers them. She says, "I used to take these dolls with me when I went to bed. Scarlet and . . . Damn, I forgot the other one's name. In fact, I don't even know which one is Scarlet."

Arbitrary name, coincidence, or something else? I find it peculiar that a doll-like monster is named Scarlet when Alessa had a doll w/ the same name.
Not five minutes ago I beat Silent Hill 3 for a second time; and not two hours before beating it, I read this topic. I found a shocking resemblance between the God that you fight at the end, and Scarlet.
I felt [i][b]infinite[/b][/i].
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

I caught this too, but I think it might just be a coincidence. I mean, we have so many names floating around the Silent Hill universe now...
dr bones
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Scarlet

Post by dr bones »

Spartan 117 wrote:
Mockingbird wrote:An interesting observation came to me today while looking through Silent Hill: Homecoming information. In SH:H there is a boss named Scarlet--a 10-feet-tall doll-like monster. In Silent Hill, there are 2 dolls sitting on Alessa's floor near the bed in her bedroom. In Silent Hill 3, Heather indicates that she remembers them. She says, "I used to take these dolls with me when I went to bed. Scarlet and . . . Damn, I forgot the other one's name. In fact, I don't even know which one is Scarlet."

Not five minutes ago I beat Silent Hill 3 for a second time; and not two hours before beating it, I read this topic. I found a shocking resemblance between the God that you fight at the end, and Scarlet.
.... in what way?
they're pretty much completely different, besides the fact they're both big and mean.
"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame."
"The lies and the mist are not they but I. You all know that I am One. Yes, and the One is I."
Goodnight
Historical Society Historian

Post by Goodnight »

The SH3 boss looks far more like Alessa than the Scarlet boss to me.

In any case, I find it hard to believe that the name is a coincidence. Nice find.
Nasta
Just Passing Through

Post by Nasta »

It will be really interesting to see where that goes. I personally am terribly fascinated by Scarlet and hope there's more symbolism and relevance to that boss than just a boss fight.

If there is a connection to the Alessa arc, I'm curious to see where that will fit in. It has been stated that there will be ties to SH2, but I wouldn't put it past the creators to tie it in to the other games as well.
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

The Walkin Dude wrote:
Anyone noticed also that Alex is the 3rd person to start a SH game in a dream?
Fourth.
Wait, there was Silent Hill 3, and The Room. Which other Silent Hill started in a dream?
Justice has a name, and the name it has, besides justice, is Captain Hammer!
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

The first Silent Hill did.
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

Is that confirmed? I always thought that it was left ambiguous. I mean....it's obviously a dream in 3, it's obviously a dream in 4, but if the beginning of Silent Hill was a dream, than how did he end up in the diner from his jeep in the first place?

...did cybil mention anything about rescuing him?
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

Yes, Cybil did rescue him from the wreck.

Though, I can't remember where I read that...

Sorry. :(
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

It's cool. Thanks for the info though, you learn something new every day.
Devilsknight
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Devilsknight »

The whole second Silent Hill is pretty much a dream ^^

Anyways, since we all know its not Team Silent making this game, this means that this "boss" was'nt planned before. What this tells us is that Double Helix searched the earlier games for details they could fill SHH with, making it filled with cool trivas like the rest of the games.
But if it's original or not, I don't know.
Would be a shame if DH filled the game with things like this to make a connection between the eralier games we loved so much, as a security agaisnt failure.
When I grow up I want to be Mockingbird.
JamesisBetterThanHarry22
Just Passing Through

Post by JamesisBetterThanHarry22 »

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Alex in the "Descent" level, talked to a doctor asking where Scarlet was. If Scarlet really was a person (which is far beyond my knowledge), then the shirtless doctor Alex was talking to might be somehow connected to the Order "abducting" people.
Come Murphy. The town awaits you.