what weapons should there be?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

weapon list

Poll ended at 18 Sep 2007

everything is a weapon
65%
pipe, wooden stick, handgun, hunting knife, maching gun, flamethrower (Even spread selection)
24%
handgun, shotgun, machinegun, hunting knife, grenade launcher, flamethrower (Gun based selection)
6%
pipe, bo tai (Staff), katana, hunting knife, ninja star, handgun (melee based selection)
6%

Total votes: 34

Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

SonOfSpardaDude wrote:Basically make it like SH0!
Yeah the weapons in SH0 do seem pretty spot on.
Rule of Rose
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Rule of Rose »

I've always liked the shot gun and flame thrower
She said her blood turns to ash
Burning eyes can't forgive you
Howling moon drives on
And deep in me
Your illusion
What you see in me
ZombieLADY
Just Passing Through

Post by ZombieLADY »

i like the idea of using everything as a weapon.
Plates, spoons, chairs, fire extinguishers... :lol:
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/RazzyRabit/SHavatars.gif[/img]
SethSunderland
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SethSunderland »

ZombieLADY wrote:i like the idea of using everything as a weapon.
Plates, spoons, chairs, fire extinguishers... :lol:
if everything could be used as a weapon, it would make more sense to make them breakable.

I doubt that a feeble chair could handle being smashed through monsters more than a few times.... unless it was a metal one or somthing.

It would sort of take away from the "silent hill-ness" a bit. without the standard plank or pipe.
[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5484/sethsunderlandnewdigjr5.jpg[/img]
HeresJohnny
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by HeresJohnny »

Try something new, give the next main character a dog. (pitbull or german shepard). The canine could sniff out possible danger, bark at monsters lurking in the dark. It would be the equivalent of the horse in Shadow of the colossus. It would give a SH character an emotional bond to something, a companion to protect. Maybe just for a part of the game. If you were being attacked by a monster on the verge of death your canine friend would come charging in and tear it apart. (Like "Beast" in The hills Have Eyes). I don't care if it was done before in some other shitty game (a gamecube game implemented a similer idea, whatever it was called), it would be sweet in a SH game.

You'd still have all the other cool weapons, but the dog could save you at critical moments or something like that.
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

I want a fire extinguisher
"The Body Is Cold?"
SonOfSpardaDude
Just Passing Through

Post by SonOfSpardaDude »

Nice ideas. Here is an experimental idea that I got:

SMALL MEELEE:
Lighter,
Knife,
Stun Gun,
Bug Spray.

LARGE MEELEE:
Wooden Plank,
Steel Pope,
Rusty Axe,
Large Blade.

SMALL FIREARMS:
Pistol,
Revolver,
Silver-Gun,
Machine-Gun.

LARGE FIREARMS:
Shotgun,
Crossbow,
Rifle,
Bazooka.
[b][color=Red]The world was a sandbox for Man, made by God. But thou destruction of the world was not of God's, but of Man's desire to ever expand beyond over. And thus we cower within our guilt.[/color][/b]
Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

SonOfSpardaDude wrote:Steel Pope
The fuck's a steel pope? Is it like a bronze bishop or a rusty cardinal?
delusion
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by delusion »

I would like to see steel pipe, rusty axe, surgery knife, old-looking pistol, rifle, and shotgun. And indeed magnum would be awesome. I don't really care about all the katanas, lazer beams and that kind of stuff. Not very silent hillish.
Rule of Rose
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Rule of Rose »

HeresJohnny wrote:Try something new, give the next main character a dog. (pitbull or german shepard). The canine could sniff out possible danger, bark at monsters lurking in the dark. It would be the equivalent of the horse in Shadow of the colossus. It would give a SH character an emotional bond to something, a companion to protect. Maybe just for a part of the game. If you were being attacked by a monster on the verge of death your canine friend would come charging in and tear it apart. (Like "Beast" in The hills Have Eyes). I don't care if it was done before in some other shitty game (a gamecube game implemented a similer idea, whatever it was called), it would be sweet in a SH game.

You'd still have all the other cool weapons, but the dog could save you at critical moments or something like that.
If we add a dog character to SH5, then it'll be like haunting graound or Rule of Rose.
Howling moon drives on
And deep in me
Your illusion
What you see in me
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Breaka wrote:
...lol

I liked Origin's system, it made me look at the environment and think "Can I kill someone with this...?"
Rule of Rose
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Rule of Rose »

Video Gamer wrote:
Breaka wrote:
...lol

I liked Origin's system, it made me look at the environment and think "Can I kill someone with this...?"
I don't think that ou can kill someone with the hospital nightstand thingy.......it was a lousy weapon cause it swung too slow and wasn't that powerful :cry:
Howling moon drives on
And deep in me
Your illusion
What you see in me
SonOfSpardaDude
Just Passing Through

Steel Pope... Yeah, I could definetly use one of those in the game.

Ok, to prevent further bitching, Here's the re-edited list idea (This is probably my most-balanced idea yet.)

Meelee:

Wooden Plank,
Knife,
Steel Pipe,
Rusty Axe,
Sword,
Ceremonial Blade.

Firearms:

Handgun,
Shotgun,
Crossbow,
Rifle,
Machinegun,
Bazooka.
[b][color=Red]The world was a sandbox for Man, made by God. But thou destruction of the world was not of God's, but of Man's desire to ever expand beyond over. And thus we cower within our guilt.[/color][/b]
delusion
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by delusion »

Crossbow sounds cool, but bazooka... no way!
SethSunderland
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SethSunderland »

delusion wrote:Crossbow sounds cool, but bazooka... no way!
Crossbow would be nice if there were limited arrows and you had to retrive them, but actually have an animation for pulling them out. Gorey. xD

Bazooka is overkill for Silent Hill. Honestly, I doubt there would be one lying around in SH anyways, its a mining town not a military complex.

If I had a crossbow in SH2 I would have shot the legs of all the lying figures in town, and let them wriggle around on the ground all day, not able to walk. =D
[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5484/sethsunderlandnewdigjr5.jpg[/img]
SonOfSpardaDude
Just Passing Through

SethSunderland wrote:
delusion wrote:Crossbow sounds cool, but bazooka... no way!
Crossbow would be nice if there were limited arrows and you had to retrive them, but actually have an animation for pulling them out. Gorey. xD

Bazooka is overkill for Silent Hill. Honestly, I doubt there would be one lying around in SH anyways, its a mining town not a military complex.

If I had a crossbow in SH2 I would have shot the legs of all the lying figures in town, and let them wriggle around on the ground all day, not able to walk. =D
I know, but the timing feels right, and it's rockets can be small-sized explosives, and there could be like only 3 rockets in the game. And the arrows idea sounds really awesome, too.
Chrism~
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chrism~ »

I think that small firearms such as pistols, riffles and such are sufficient. If they put in rocket launchers and miniguns it would be difficult to take this game seriously. And why would you need one anyways?

It also makes more sense to find the typical firearm that people would have in their homes, either for protection, hunting or gang stuff. Last time I checked none of the heavy artillery are common outside military activity.
Caim
Historical Society Historian

Post by Caim »

Melee:

Knife;
Rusty pipe, or piece of rebar;
Some sort of hammer, or axe;
And if Pyramid Head is in the game, may as well give Shepard his fuckin' Great Knife. :?

Firearms:

.38 S&W snub-nose
Glock 17
Double-barrel shotgun again, like in 0rigins... God damn, that thing was sexy. If not though, a pumpie will suffice.
Hunting rifle, lever-action; no scope!
A Magnum!
A dead person can't write a letter... it's illegal.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

Well, he's got to have his trusty pipe
and if able, after getting the udo ending, travis hands him the tesla. 8)
An axe
shotgun, SMG, rifle, and the handgun (not those dinky service pistols either)
Grenades~!!! :twisted:
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Wow, welcome back Caim! Haven't seen you post in ages!

Ahem, as for weapons... I prefer a pretty basic selection, with no more than one or two outlandish extra weapons. A steel pipe or something very similar is a must in my book. I've already posted about it. :P