Tracks Identification + General Questions

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

Droo

Re: Tracks Identification + General Questions

Post by Droo »

Hmm I could have sworn that was Maternal Heart but I guess I was wrong. Those tracks are really quite similar!
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Yeah, that's definitely "A Stray Child."

Somewhat similar songs, though "Maternal Heart" has a recurring 6/4 *dun dun* poly-rhythm over the main 4/4, whereas "A Stray Child" has a random *jjjuung* throughout.

Also "A Stray Child" might be my favorite song in the series.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
silentevil1989
Just Passing Through

Post by silentevil1989 »

The Adversary wrote: 26 Oct 2022 Yeah, that's definitely "A Stray Child."

Somewhat similar songs, though "Maternal Heart" has a recurring 6/4 *dun dun* poly-rhythm over the main 4/4, whereas "A Stray Child" has a random *jjjuung* throughout.

Also "A Stray Child" might be my favorite song in the series.
Yeah, they're very similar indeed. This track has also become one of my favourite and IMHO is the second best on SH3 soundtrack, behind only "Queen of the Rodeo". Moody, chill, eerie and atmospheric, can't decide the best word to describe it. I have been working until late at night in the past few days, and I have listened to it on repeated loop as background music to make me relaxed.

Actually, the whole Complete Sountrack Ultimate Edition has made me reappreciate SH3 soundtrack, so many great tracks that sadly were not featured on the official soundtrack.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>my favourite and IMHO is the second best on SH3 soundtrack, behind only "Queen of the Rodeo"<
I still think the title I gave my rip is better than the official one. I called it ". . . And the Angels Weep."

"Queen of the Rodeo"? Eh.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.