Awesome PH and Valtiel model sculpts

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

rm2kking
Historical Society Historian

Post by rm2kking »

That is awesome. Simply awesome.

Hey Silent Evil, that Robbie you made is fucking fantastic! I hope to purchase one eventually. That and a PH model would make my shelf the coolest shelf ever.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

^ I know. I'd love to have one but after shelling out for PH, funds are tight. :/
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

How much did you pay for it? If you don't mind. Like all together, painting and everything. Because I really want one. No matter how full my shelf is, it will always be empty without PH...
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Exchange rates mean what I paid may differ from you, but it was about $350 all in, including shipping from Japan and then shipping to and from the States to Peter at Resincreations.com.

Yeah. I know. That's a lot.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Dutchman
Gravedigger

Post by Dutchman »

That sure is an awesome statue of our dear old PH...
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn230/Ghoul68/banner_shh_4.png[/img]
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Vixx wrote:Exchange rates mean what I paid may differ from you, but it was about $350 all in, including shipping from Japan and then shipping to and from the States to Peter at Resincreations.com.

Yeah. I know. That's a lot.
But from the frankly AMAZING finished product, I would say it's worth it.
Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

Both the PH and Valtiel sculpts are no longer being produced/sold, according to his site, due to Konami catching wind and doing that whole 'cease-and-desist' thing... fuck.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

DAMNIT. If they are going to do that bullshit then they can at LEAST produce or license official ones. I hate when companies do that.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Ratiocinator wrote:Both the PH and Valtiel sculpts are no longer being produced/sold, according to his site, due to Konami catching wind and doing that whole 'cease-and-desist' thing... fuck.
Ditto'd. Man, I hope it wasn't us talking on here about them that drew Konami's attention their way.
DAMNIT. If they are going to do that bullshit then they can at LEAST produce or license official ones. I hate when companies do that.
Ditto'd again. There's always been a huge shortage of quality SH collectibles.

This has pissed me off. Grr.
V xx

rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Vixx wrote:Ditto'd again. There's always been a huge shortage of quality SH collectibles.
Ditto that ditto. If there was more officially licensed merchandise, people wouldn't need to make unofficial crap (not that it's not awesome). That and people wouldn't have to shell out obscene amounts of money for the stuff.

If us talking about it here is what caused this then Konami should also read this: KONAMI, MAKE OR LICENSE SOME OFFICIAL MERCH!! WE WILL BUY IT I ASSURE YOU.
Eraserhead
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Eraserhead »

Vixx wrote:Ditto'd. Man, I hope it wasn't us talking on here about them that drew Konami's attention their way.
Oooooh, now I'm starting to feel guilty for starting this thread :( like I tattled on the guy who put out those sculpts. But as rm2kking said, if Konami would put out some bloody figures this thing wouldn't happen in the first place!
Last edited by Eraserhead on 25 Jul 2009, edited 1 time in total.
"Home is in your head"
Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

Vixx wrote:Ditto'd. Man, I hope it wasn't us talking on here about them that drew Konami's attention their way.
That was actually one of the first things I thought when I heard the news about this. He first started receiving complaints by Konami last month. I feel really bad now as I potentially aided in this happening. Poor guy, his work is so excellent too.

I mean, I know why Konami did this. They are a business, after all, and are out to protect their IP and make sure its merchandise is through them but come on... holy shit, just look at those statues. Those warrant an official license or something, Konami. Talk with this guy and work wih him to sell them.

Konami pulled an understanding but incredibly cheap shot as, what others are saying, items for SH are so damn scarce... especially items as well-crafted and jaw-dropping as those statues.
Last edited by Ratiocinator on 25 Jul 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Eraserhead
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Eraserhead »

Same thing just recently happened to a site I like to visit where this guy sells unlicensed Predator kits. 20th Century Fox caught wind of it and made him take 'em down. They were such amazing kits too! Instead of Fox trying to maybe make a deal with the guy and getting in on the action (as Konami should think about doing) They told him he can only sell the official stuff.
"Home is in your head"
crazyhorse
Just Passing Through

Post by crazyhorse »

I hate that. I can understand if a corporation mass produced some of their trademark characters, but I do not see the harm in letting an individual make and sell a few of them. This is a little greedy on Konami's part. I would be flattered to see an artist represent a trademark character. It makes it more interesting.
[img]http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz157/nogchoceek/Avatars/uncanny.jpg[/img]
"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you."
Silent Evil
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Evil »

Eraserhead wrote:Oooooh, now I'm starting to feel guilty for starting this thread :( like I tattled on the guy who put out those sculpts.
Relax peoples, I hardly think the big wigs at Konami spend their hard-earned time leafing through fan site forums like this one looking for illegal activity to shut down. That would be like Sony or some other movie studio looking through the IMDb forums to evaluate the buzz surrounding their movies, that's what they have advanced screenings for.

Most likely they found his site directly or found out about his statues being sold off on Yahoo! auctions. I'm assuming that it was Konami of Japan that notified him, no? They're in Japan he's in japan..............it was easy for them to scope him out.

Which begs the question though - how the hell is Hellpainter getting away with it? I doubt that they have a license to produce such kits either, and yet they put out a PH and nurse figure last year, and have a new nurse and lying figure coming out now. That's like no different than fan-made work, so what gives?
rm2kking wrote:If there was more officially licensed merchandise, people wouldn't need to make unofficial crap (not that it's not awesome). That and people wouldn't have to shell out obscene amounts of money for the stuff.
I disagree, somewhat. As I've mentioned in another thread, on the subject of Konami officially licensing Silent Hill figures they would probably produce things that look like toys from the 99 cent shopping store. It would be the only way they could conceivably make a profit from it. I mean, the one statue that they did create with James and the Nurse isn't that great IMO.

If they're not gonna get top quality like McFarlane Toys or NECA, then don't even bother. :?
Follow me on: deviantART | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Silent Evil wrote:Relax peoples, I hardly think the big wigs at Konami spend their hard-earned time leafing through fan site forums like this one looking for illegal activity to shut down.
According to the interview, Climax apparently does. It would not be unrealistic to assume Konami does too. Though they might not, who knows.
Silent Evil wrote: As I've mentioned in another thread, on the subject of Konami officially licensing Silent Hill figures they would probably produce things that look like toys from the 99 cent shopping store. It would be the only way they could conceivably make a profit from it. I mean, the one statue that they did create with James and the Nurse isn't that great IMO.

If they're not gonna get top quality like McFarlane Toys or NECA, then don't even bother. :?
Exactly. They should shell out some decent, high quality merchandise. With all the devoted fans there are, I'm sure they would make a decent, if not impressive profit. Hell, they managed to produce some pretty damn good looking Metal Gear Solid figures, why not Silent Hill?
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Silent Evil wrote:Relax peoples, I hardly think the big wigs at Konami spend their hard-earned time leafing through fan site forums like this [...]
That's actually not true. I know, 100% fact, that we have regular visits from SHHF members who work at EA, Capcom and Konami ...
V xx

Silent Evil
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Evil »

Vixx wrote:I know, 100% fact, that we have regular visits from SHHF members who work at EA, Capcom and Konami ...
Oh I have no doubt that they do. What I'm saying is that I don't think that they're investing all their time into trying to snuff out stuff like this, unless it's illegal downloads of music and movies and things of that sort. But fan artwork?

Now maybe I'm wrong and that's what their sole purpose actually is in visiting this site, I don't know. Bottom line is I really don't think that this forum had anything to do with Konami shutting this guy down. Which in itself I'm kind of skeptical of.

How did you find out about this Ratiocinator, did he send you a personal e-mail or something?
Follow me on: deviantART | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

The sculpts cease to be fan artwork once they begin to charge money for them. Then they are making money off of a copyrighted intellectual property. It voids any fair-use laws.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Silent Evil wrote:What I'm saying is that I don't think that they're investing all their time into trying to snuff out stuff like this, unless it's illegal downloads of music and movies and things of that sort. But fan artwork?
My bad - I read you wrong. :) Yeah, I completely agree.

The Headlong guy wrote about it on his blog, so maybe there's where Ratiocinator got the news.
V xx