Complete map of Silent Hill

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

DirtyNorris
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DirtyNorris »

You could sell posters of this, fan's would go mad for them.
[img]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac241/DirtyNorris/o0p1cpjpg.png[/img]
LanceS133
Historical Society Historian

Post by LanceS133 »

Hell yeah, could print it large and fold it like an actual map with "highlights" of the town on each side lol
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Leviathanapsu
Just Passing Through

Post by Leviathanapsu »

I guess that means I am going to have to modify the map a bit. Oh well, can't remember every memo or detail off the top of my head. Been a few years since I played SH4
pisces9397
Just Passing Through

Post by pisces9397 »

Hell yeah, I would TOTALLY buy a poster-sized map if you made one. I'd fucking frame it, and be depressed that I never got to put pins n the places I visited.
I have a chainsaw in my pocket. -Owl_Waxer
DirtyNorris
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DirtyNorris »

I found one on Deviant Art that you are able to buy, but it's quite small, overpriced, and no-where near as good as this one!
http://www.deviantart.com/print/3517785/?itemids=84
[img]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac241/DirtyNorris/o0p1cpjpg.png[/img]
Leviathanapsu
Just Passing Through

Post by Leviathanapsu »

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/ ... h_Map2.jpg

Okay,... minor adjustment of course, but a change to match the mistaken location of the wish house with the information from the games. I basically just inverted the location with the Prison in the map. I may end up adding the Wiltse Mine in the area I believe it is most likely located. Possibly the Owl Cave as well.
SilentHillsDarkest
Just Passing Through

Re: Complete map of Silent Hill

Post by SilentHillsDarkest »

great job. best complete map out there! do you plan on adding Downpour southeast SH area?

so the Wish House (along with the forest) is located in the area between SH2 and Downpour...
i like how Downpour placed Overlook Penitentiary... where would the Water Prison from SH4 be located exactly?

Mod edit: Do not double post. Please use the edit button if you have anything else to add. -Calamity
Leviathanapsu
Just Passing Through

Post by Leviathanapsu »

once I have played SH:D, I will see how it all fits in and decide. As I recall, the water prison on the map is a little circle, unlabeled, near the wish house.
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

Leviathanapsu, there are some problems with your map.

The Silent Hill Docks are further east than they should be. They should actually be on the eastern side of Wein Street.

(I know that is actually SilentResi's map, but yours is based on it and you still kept the Silent Hill Docks.)

In the interests of not breaking the map, I suggest you make everything directly east of the Wein Street cul-de-sac bare land.

Canyon Street should be further east, that is, on the other side of Simmons Street.

Koontz Street should be longer, because there's a building between the Artaud Theater and Wein Street.

These problems began with original complete map by Guy-onthe-Couch and they create other problems, mainly that the roads running north-south and the buildings east of Canyon Street need to be shifted further east.

I like your map though, it doesn't try to cram the Artaud Theater and Overlook Penitentiary together like SilentResi's does.
Leviathanapsu
Just Passing Through

Post by Leviathanapsu »

Reviewing the maps from the games vs the larger overmap, I am surprised I didn't notice some of the mistakes. I don't know that I agree with the assessment of where Weis vs Simmons street is in that second image, when compared to the map of the first game. Other than that, looks like a good call. The dock issue and pretty much everything from SH:H, I resolved as him having never been in SH directly. At best passing through so things were based on his mis-memory. Whenever I get around to fixing some of the other minor issues, I will probably try to resolve some of these things as well though.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

There's going to be some inconsistencies, since Double Helix cut Sagan Street in half and deleted Wein Street entirely for some reason.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

In a dream I had last night, I reconciled the map discrepancies with a beautiful theory. Naturally, I've forgotten all of it except that I devised a theory to explain the discrepancies. . . . Bummer.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

Leviathanapsu wrote:Reviewing the maps from the games vs the larger overmap, I am surprised I didn't notice some of the mistakes. I don't know that I agree with the assessment of where Weis vs Simmons street is in that second image, when compared to the map of the first game.
I said approximately, but you have to admit it is pretty close (allowing for the issues with the differently scaled maps).

Leviathanapsu wrote:Other than that, looks like a good call. The dock issue and pretty much everything from SH:H, I resolved as him having never been in SH directly. At best passing through so things were based on his mis-memory. Whenever I get around to fixing some of the other minor issues, I will probably try to resolve some of these things as well though.
Whatever you do, don't try to reconcile the differences. Pick one or the other, 2007 Silent Hill or 1976-1983 Silent Hill. SilentResi tried to reconcile the differences and ended up with a map set in some sort of weird twilight zone that made even less sense.

I'd pick 1976-1983 Silent Hill because that's the one we have more information on. We don't know anything about how far down Toluca Lake stops or if it continues.

So, I advise reverting the whole lake area back to land as in the original map.
KiramidHead wrote:There's going to be some inconsistencies, since Double Helix cut Sagan Street in half and deleted Wein Street entirely for some reason.
I wouldn't call them inconsistencies. There has been some time allowed for development and geographic change.

If there had been a game set a few years before Homecoming with the exact same map as the first Silent Hill then you might have a point, but the last time we saw that area was twenty-four years ago. And the town is still inhabited.
The Adversary wrote:In a dream I had last night, I reconciled the map discrepancies with a beautiful theory. Naturally, I've forgotten all of it except that I devised a theory to explain the discrepancies. . . . Bummer.
Toluca Lake receding inland was due to advanced erosion and the area that is underwater was actually reclaimed land.

The "steady decline" of tourism turned into a sharp decline.

Shops and stores went out of business due to this sharp decline in tourism.

The town was offered the opportunity to be host to a penitentiary and accepted, having been a penal colony in the past.

Attention to the CBD was refocused further north/south, or shifted to an entirely different area.

Those are my personal explanations for Central Silent Hill in Homecoming.
Droo

Post by Droo »

^ A prison with the ability to magically teleport, no less. ;)
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

Droo wrote:^ A prison with the ability to magically teleport, no less. ;)
That's gotta be some sort of record even for Silent Hill, right?
Cloud
Just Passing Through

Post by Cloud »

Is there a actual map with Downpour within?
Making of Silent Hill 2 - HQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1VKvED76WQ&feature=relmfu&video=unblocked
SilentEnigma9k1
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentEnigma9k1 »

Cloud wrote:Is there a actual map with Downpour within?
I finished this just the other day.
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/428/ ... illmap.png
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

That's a freaking awesome map.
SilentEnigma9k1
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentEnigma9k1 »

Because of the location of the Resort Area, I wanted to fix it...and I will also be adding in Homecoming's Grand Hotel area on Simmons Street. I started working on the fix last night, and I just finished it about 10 minutes ago. Unlike the previous map I made, there is no foggy effect on top of the map. I am unsure of how to hide the unknown portions of the map without fog, however... so any ideas will help greatly.

The image is too big for me to host on any image sharing website I know of, so I got Dropbox so I could share it with the internet: CLICK ME TO DOWNLOAD

The map is 6769x4938 and 64.9MB in size.

(I posted this on another thread of a similar nature to this one. Just wanting to make sure it gets around. Sorry if this is a problem.)
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

That's very good. I'd only suggest one small change, and that's flipping the Grand Hotel portion of the map. It wouldn't make much sense for their to be a "Welcome to Silent Hill" sign in the middle of the town. Other than that, it's great. The fog is a pretty good idea, IMO.