Room 302 in Silent Hill 1?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Synthetic
Gravedigger

Post by Synthetic »

^ Have that too, 11 years experience.
We need tents too!
[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m154/Melvold/SyntheticSig.jpg[/img]
"You shouldn't wound what you can't kill"
B5160-R
Historical Society Historian

Post by B5160-R »

Please get back to the topic at hand.

Take it to the PM if you wish to continue your colloquy.
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Why do we need tents? And sorry B5160-R. The topic went a little wonky. :)
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

Heh, I ran all the way out of the bastment, up to floor 3, and watched the type... I didn't think it would be there in the future. :lol:

But if you watch it again, I think it might be different.
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
beautifuldisgrace
Just Passing Through

Post by beautifuldisgrace »

I noticed that too. I don't think it's a big deal, but I do think that in SH 4 they might have purposely put him in room 302. Even though 302 is just a save point in the first game it could just be a little connection they wanted to make. Like the Super's name in the 4th game is Sunderland... like James in part 2. :-P
viex
Just Passing Through

Post by viex »

Mockingbird wrote:Room 203 of the Blue Creek Apartments in Silent Hill does not equal Room 302 of the South Ashfield Heights Apartments in Ashfield.

That's like asking if Homer Simpson & Richard Nixon are related.
You triggered something interesting in my head.
302 is 203 in reverse.
Couldn't then, Room 302 in Ashfield be the "mirror" reflection of Room 203 in Blue Creek? (That explaining the kitchen in the opposite direction).
[url=http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stfusigkk2.gif][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4831/stfusigkk2.th.gif[/img][/url]
-Time Waits For No One-
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Darkness Concept »

viex wrote:
Mockingbird wrote:Room 203 of the Blue Creek Apartments in Silent Hill does not equal Room 302 of the South Ashfield Heights Apartments in Ashfield.

That's like asking if Homer Simpson & Richard Nixon are related.
You triggered something interesting in my head.
302 is 203 in reverse.
Couldn't then, Room 302 in Ashfield be the "mirror" reflection of Room 203 in Blue Creek? (That explaining the kitchen in the opposite direction).
Intersting and good thinking, but quite the stretch. Quite.
There Was a Hole Here...
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/octaveorange/waiting.jpg[/img]
It's Gone Now.
Ayu
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Ayu »

Lifetolifeless wrote:Plus: in passing, every apartment is the same. Mine's just like Henry's. It's tough to avoid.
I wish some of the apartments I've lived in were half as nice as his. Alley kitchens ftl. :(

There's really no connection, though. To get a connection out of that, you'd probably scream when you see an apartment with the actual number "302" -- and there are plenty.
[url=http://sejant.deviantart.com/][img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/NightElves/dance-5.gif[/img][/url]
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Henry's room is damn UNIQUE! I've been all around in Europe visiting different apartments and hotel rooms.. and none of them really resembles to Room 302.

Anyway, I like viex's mirror theory, and it's quite the best theory yet. SH4 includes looooots of nods from the previous games, you just have to find them.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

this is silly. :| :|
Rule of Rose
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Room 302 in Silent Hill 1?

Post by Rule of Rose »

Xigz wrote:In the hospital there is a room with a save point and TV. When you save, you can see this is Room 302! As you know this is the same room number of Henry's apt. in Silent Hill 4. Inspiration? I just thought it was kind of a neat little detail that was worth posting.
I'm sure this thread is nearly dead by now, but the fact that SH was made in 1999 and SH4 was made in 2004 surely puts a strain on your theory that Team Silent were trying to hint us that SH4 was comming around and that this room was their inspiration.

Also, the fact that SH4 wasn't originally going to be part of the SH series also proves your point wrong that rm 302 was a hint that SH4 is comming.
She said her blood turns to ash
Burning eyes can't forgive you
Howling moon drives on
And deep in me
Your illusion
What you see in me
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

they probably just like the number 302.
just like my favorite number is 3,872,901
:D
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
Silent Smiffy
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Smiffy »

lol i think this topic is silly now at the time how could they point a referance to sh4 when it was made in 1999. Baically that number is used in most games because all apartment builings, hospital have 101,102,103,201,202 etc
Snake. We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always fought for what I believed in.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

that's right. and on each level they go up by a hundred.
Hey, I got a 302 at my school! Does that make it important?
Of course not, IT'S JUST A NUMBER THAT EVERY BUILDING HAS!
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
SapphireSerpent
Just Passing Through

Post by SapphireSerpent »

You start making correlations between 302 and other numbers, you begin to see it everywhere. 302 steps from from the picture of the school in the alleyway to the very dark end where the corpse is crucified on the fence, 302 minutes discovering every little aspect of the town of Silent Hill, 302 lifeless victims of your nightmarish romp through the town.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

LMAO!!
"I checked the square inche of my house and the last 3 letters was 30-fuckin-2!"

line inspired by the weirdest movie, 23
words to live by
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

interesting point, but doesn't have any real meaning, just a number
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

beautifuldisgrace wrote:I noticed that too. I don't think it's a big deal, but I do think that in SH 4 they might have purposely put him in room 302. Even though 302 is just a save point in the first game it could just be a little connection they wanted to make. Like the Super's name in the 4th game is Sunderland... like James in part 2. :-P
You realize that Frank Sunderland is James' Father, correct?
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

xoxsnoof wrote: You realize that Frank Sunderland is James' Father, correct?
That hasn't actually been confirmed yet. Though, there's alot of references in SH4 that raises its veracity.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It's been confirmed.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.