I'm not at all interested in playing this game.

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Morfik
Just Passing Through

Re: I'm not at all interested in playing this game.

Post by Morfik »

Come on, who cares about graphic... I mean it is long time ago, since it was released.
punchdrunk
Just Passing Through

Post by punchdrunk »

forget the graphics. forget even just knowing what happens. it is something you must experience for yourself. some very good horror moments and chills despite the graphics.
The One who will lead us to Paradise.... with bloodstained hands....
PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Seriously, did the OP ever actually play the game? Enquiring minds want to know!
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

I love the old school graphics in SH1. It's the most unique of them all and it's not JUST because it's on PS1. Though certainly helps.

I just feel like it adds something objectively very unique to the series. It actually gets me excited to play it. In its own way, even a PS4 remake wouldn't be able to transfer some of the charm the original does because of them.

Could be just me though, but any survival horror fan should give it a go. Like c'mon Lone Survivor is pretty much 16 bit and it's adored. Why is it suddenly just because it's an old PS1 game, people have apprehension towards it?
Leopold
Just Passing Through

Post by Leopold »

I'm trying to play them all in sequence so Silent Hill was the first J5 cases in the series I played
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

Some of the best reasons to experience this game are the things you'll never read about. The depth of a hallway and all the unseen things it might contain, the sound of a whimper just out of sight.

Patience is the darkest side of power.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I love SH1, it's the best game in the series because it has the best story and the best world building. I haven't played it in a long time though, and that's probably because I haven't had a PS1 for some time and I don't like the controls on PC emulators. It doesn't stop me from watching playthroughs from time to time though, just to capture that sense of nostalgia and bring me back to my childhood.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
J. Quinzelle
Just Passing Through

Post by J. Quinzelle »

The original had the heaviest atmosphere and sound design for me. I loved it. The metallic ambiance with the crude graphics and original creatures... :) Sure, it took me a long time to understand the story wholly, but it's so worth it.

To disregard the original Silent Hill for any reason should be a crime in Toluca County. Actually, I think in Shepherd's Glenn it's part of the school curriculum to play the series. I heard Book of Memories teaches social skills and Shattered Memories' puzzles are great for K-3rd grade students. Apparently, Silent Hill Revelations was marketed as a teen dark comedy in Toluca. Who would have figured...
"Dance
Dance like butterflies
Shadows appear right before my eyes
Sounds echo the absurd
Hard to explain something that I heard"

http://www.shyofinterruption.com
PSN: Interrupted