I'm not at all interested in playing this game.

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Cohen330
Just Passing Through

Post by Cohen330 »

I beat it about 7 years ago, and now that I've played the others, it is hard for me to still go back and play SH 1 now. BUT, I sat down and forced myself last night for reminisce purposes, and I was shocked how it really does stand the test of time. Compared to the original Resident Evil, the voice acting is superb, and the backgrounds are extremely detailed and horrifying. The older graphics actually heightened the scare factor, in my opinion. The audio is just as thrilling as any other SH too. All I'm saying is...stick with it through a few hours, and you'll get sucked in.
TuFuiEgoEris
Just Passing Through

Post by TuFuiEgoEris »

the game is hard to find and if you do find it, chances are it wont be that cheap. atleast not for a copy in good condition.
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

Well I would certainly agree SH1 holds up better than RE1. Though RE1 has some goddamn great quotes. "Master of Unlocking" lol
TuFuiEgoEris
Just Passing Through

Post by TuFuiEgoEris »

and 'oops, i dropped the rope.' CLASSIC!
Cohen330
Just Passing Through

Post by Cohen330 »

Don't forget "Hope this is not Chris's blood????"
TuFuiEgoEris
Just Passing Through

Post by TuFuiEgoEris »

huh? radio. whats going on with that radio???

that still makes me laugh everytime i play this game.
LanceS133
Historical Society Historian

Post by LanceS133 »

^That line will go down in SH history like "One small step for man" in American history.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Reciever_Of_Wisdom
Just Passing Through

Post by Reciever_Of_Wisdom »

Jill Sandwich.
[size=67][color=red]If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin.[/color][/size]
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

Amy wrote:The whole thing with the graphics kinda got on my nerves...

but I personally don't think you can call yourself a fan if you haven't played them all...
Sure you can. If you're a fan of something, you're a fan of something. As much as the bigger fans love to believe it, there is no 'prize title' for being a super big fan. I've got a friend who's only played SH2, but it would be silly to not call him a fan.
Justice has a name, and the name it has, besides justice, is Captain Hammer!
Cohen330
Just Passing Through

Post by Cohen330 »

AgentNein wrote:
Amy wrote:The whole thing with the graphics kinda got on my nerves...

but I personally don't think you can call yourself a fan if you haven't played them all...
Sure you can. If you're a fan of something, you're a fan of something. As much as the bigger fans love to believe it, there is no 'prize title' for being a super big fan. I've got a friend who's only played SH2, but it would be silly to not call him a fan.
I agree. If you've played every SH all the way through, you're more than a fan, you're a trooper. I'm a fan of Fatal Frame, but I've only played the 2nd one. If someone told me I wasn't a real fan, I'd kick 'em in the shin.
Reciever_Of_Wisdom
Just Passing Through

Post by Reciever_Of_Wisdom »

I'd like to believe I'm a pretty huge fan, and that I know a great deal about Silent Hill, but I've never actually played any installment from front to back, and I've never touched SH:O (due to lack of PSP).

To be a fan, I think you just have to love something more than what it is. SH isn't just a great game for me, it's a great story, an awesome idea. That stuff.
[size=67][color=red]If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin.[/color][/size]
DarkReign27
Subway Guard

Post by DarkReign27 »

Best one in my opinion is 1. Music, low graphics, sounds, mystery, story, art and monsters all seem way more effective to scare than the others, weird poltergeist things happen in 1 too that make it like some creepy movie. I didn't get even as freaked with SH2 but it was close to 1. Definitely play this one.

"Cheryl ? Is that Cheryl !?"
|
SH Tributes Part 0 to 5 at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DarkR27
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

DarkReign27 wrote:Best one in my opinion is 1. Music, low graphics, sounds, mystery, story, art and monsters all seem way more effective to scare than the others, weird poltergeist things happen in 1 too that make it like some creepy movie. I didn't get even as freaked with SH2 but it was close to 1. Definitely play this one.
Agreed.

All the scary and creepy ideas, legends, history, creature design ideas, music, and atmosphere in the series... all these things pretty much stemmed from this game... it provided the foundation for the entire SH universe to expand.. if that isn't reason enough to play it, I don't know what is... :roll:
revalations 23:16
DarkeningNightmare
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by DarkeningNightmare »

exactly. this is the one that started it all. its worth checking out. it may be a little crude but some still consider it to be the best silent hill. that has to account for something
"It is the end of days, and i am the Reaper."-Dark Alessa
Raider Man

Post by Raider Man »

OK I read all your posts since it took me 1 hour exactly :evil:
Anyway I enjoyed reading people's ideas as well but after I realized that people make civil conversaton just for a game is a big shame, its like his mind is the tiniest mind than the ant's mind if it have one, I am so sorry to say this but people, its a game, enough for making civil commuincation just for a game, if you died, Silent Hill will do nothing to you, so what is the important thing about it anyway? And I agree with you guys about the Fan thing, I played all SH except the 2 one, so it doesnt mean that I am not a completed fan but I am, I always replay all SH all voer again but because SH2 cant find it in my country thats it but I will order it in Amazon someday :roll:
But please not people but my friends, you are ALL my friends, so please for the second time, dont make a civil communication just because of a game, I know the game controlled us and we get addicted to it, but I dont think it can control our friendship, I believe that it will not!! So please people love each other and I really love you all!!
Me Raider Man new here! :mrgreen:
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

Raider Man wrote:OK I read all your posts since it took me 1 hour exactly :evil:
Anyway I enjoyed reading people's ideas as well but after I realized that people make civil conversaton just for a game is a big shame, its like his mind is the tiniest mind than the ant's mind if it have one, I am so sorry to say this but people, its a game, enough for making civil commuincation just for a game, if you died, Silent Hill will do nothing to you, so what is the important thing about it anyway? And I agree with you guys about the Fan thing, I played all SH except the 2 one, so it doesnt mean that I am not a completed fan but I am, I always replay all SH all voer again but because SH2 cant find it in my country thats it but I will order it in Amazon someday :roll:
But please not people but my friends, you are ALL my friends, so please for the second time, dont make a civil communication just because of a game, I know the game controlled us and we get addicted to it, but I dont think it can control our friendship, I believe that it will not!! So please people love each other and I really love you all!!
Me Raider Man new here! :mrgreen:

This forum is meant for a deeper level of conversation and debate about the SH series... with all due respect, you really have no place to tell anyone here what they should limit their conversation to.. that right is reserve for the mods... If a topic gets out of hand and people start insulting each other, they know when to step in, and when it's just a heated debate. BTW please work on your english a little, it is quite difficult to follow what your saying in your posts! :)
revalations 23:16
Raider Man

Post by Raider Man »

OK I will say it in my sig, as I said before, excuse me for my English language, I can speak English very well but not fluently and a little grammatical errors, because English is not my first and specific Language, I am from Lebanon, I am an arab so dont know I am not good in speaking English like you guys.
Please try your best to understand what I mean and thanks.
plue5
Just Passing Through

Post by plue5 »

the sound effect and the dark graphic. make it so creepy.
WisHouse
Just Passing Through

Post by WisHouse »

Fredrick2003 wrote:So you go to a fan forum and say "hey i really dont want to play this"...
lol! that´s true. Hey you play this,graphics doesn´t matter trust me,this is a masterpiece you should try this
Fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh!!?
Godsbane
Just Passing Through

Post by Godsbane »

It's like, if someone ruins the ending of Sixth Sense for you - you know, tells you the chick is really a dude... No wait... Anyway... You can still enjoy a kick ass movie!

It's not only the story, it's the journey you go on to experience the story. If it's a good game, it's just good.

A lot of people went to see Titanic.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The ship sinks!
You'll enjoy it... If you don't mind the old tank controls. :lol: