Separation Paradox [spoilers for SH1 and SH3]

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

Sorry, I feel like I need to ask...
Why, then, would not God transform into her own daughter?
Can you explain the question, please? I am unsure weather I'm just stupid or if you worded that poorly.

I don't think god has much control of what it transforms into, it has more to do with the nature of the mother and the person who got the mother pregnant with it in the first place.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

It's just a reversal of what you said. If the process of birth requires transformation, who transformed into Heather?
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

Good point.

Still, maybe it isn't required in the reverse case, or god really is transformed into Heather. She lies, locked away in her subconscious, waiting for the day to be physically manifested.

However, heather seems more "born" then "transformed" as god is still there when heather is created. Alessa and Claudia however, are not when god is born. i wonder if there is a reason for that.

I'm just trying to compromise here. And it seemed liked the most reasonable way to do so.
alone in the town

Noted.

One thing I wonder is that Heather is repeatedly referred to as Alessa's 'reincarnation'. How can Alessa be reincarnated while she's still alive?
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

She's referred to as reborn, rather then reincarnated, was she not? The two terms have their differences.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Book of Lost Memories uses "reincarnation", and "reincarnation" is used in the game.

Besides, the problem of Alessa's and Claudia's bodies can be easily explained by bringing up Alien.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

Some gore would be left though. Alessa disappeared in the light, we don't know what happened to Claudia, except that her body did start going through some changes (or she was just melting).
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

None of the corpses in these games remain for long when the cutscene ends. Would you like to explain where Dahlia's body went, please?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
JiGoKuShOuJiN
Just Passing Through

Post by JiGoKuShOuJiN »

What I think is this. Kaufman throws Aglaophotis at Incubator. Due to the body-image of the incubator weakening, it transofrmed itself to incubus. Incubus dies, transforms to Incubator, gives last powers to reincarnate herself,Alessa+Cheryl=Heather+ god seed, hence the cutscene where Heather expells the fetus.
LittleRed
Just Passing Through

Post by LittleRed »

The Cult seems to use a lot of Christianesque symbolism and draw on Christian doctrine. To me, this could point that seperating "God from God" might be theologically akin to the Christian God and Jesus both being the same being, but also seperate. Not to say that the god of Silent Hill is part of Christianity or anything, just that god could exist as numerous analogous parts.
tuntija
Just Passing Through

Post by tuntija »

I wonder if God even exists as a separate being. It's probably just the evil aspect of Alessa nurtured by suffering and Cult's magic.

When Dahlia was talking about some "seed" planted in Alessa's body it may have been just a metaphor for suffering. Or was there some real monstrous seed? Who knows.

Incubus, among other things, means mightmare (Alessa's nightmare)

The only thing that still confuses me is why Alessa as Incubator attacked Harry. If she wanted to die, couldn't she kill herself without his help? I guees Alessa's hatred (=Incubus) made her act that way.
alone in the town

I wonder if God even exists as a separate being. It's probably just the evil aspect of Alessa nurtured by suffering and Cult's magic.
The final scenes of Silent Hill 3 make it unequivocally clear that it is a separate being.
The only thing that still confuses me is why Alessa as Incubator attacked Harry.
Alessa and Incubator are not the same being.
tuntija
Just Passing Through

Post by tuntija »

The final scenes of Silent Hill 3 make it unequivocally clear that it is a separate being.
The problem is that the writer(s) of SH1 didn't know about SH3 at that time :).

It's like basing your theory about The Old Testament on the texts from The New Testament.
alone in the town

How is that a problem? The first game presented an ambiguity, and the third game clarified it.
tuntija
Just Passing Through

Post by tuntija »

I'm not talking about Owaku's version of the SH1 universe. I'm talking about the original SH1, i.e. before it was modified/"explained" in the sequels.

Don't get me wrong, I love the sequels as much as the next person, it's just more interesting to know what really happened in SH1 as opposed to Owaku's version of the events. I guess I'm sort of a "judaist" when it comes to SH canon.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm not talking about Owaku's version of the SH1 universe. I'm talking about the original SH1, i.e. before it was modified/"explained" in the sequels.
Owaku worked on SH1 too.
Don't get me wrong, I love the sequels as much as the next person, it's just more interesting to know what really happened in SH1 as opposed to Owaku's version of the events. I guess I'm sort of a "judaist" when it comes to SH canon.
Well, then, it was all just Harry's dying dream in the jeep, obviously.

There's no point or purpose to speculating about alternate elements that could have been retconned away if we have absolutely zero fucking evidence that such alternate elements or tangents ever existed. If you want to see alternate what-ifs, though, I recommend the Play Novel.
tuntija
Just Passing Through

Post by tuntija »

Owaku worked on SH1 too.
He did, but it's widely accepted that Keiichiro, the director, wrote most of the story.
There's no point or purpose to speculating about alternate elements that could have been retconned away if we have absolutely zero fucking evidence that such alternate elements or tangents ever existed. If you want to see alternate what-ifs, though, I recommend the Play Novel.
I don't care about tangents either. I'm only interested in what the author(s) considered to be the truth after they finished Silent Hill in 1999. Surely he/they had all the answers. Even David Lynch knows what happened in his stories (even in fucking Eraserhead), so I see nothing wrong with speculating about "vanilla" Silent Hill.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I guess I'm sort of a "judaist" when it comes to SH canon.
Then I guess you're not allowed to discuss any other Silent Hill game, and if you do, every game must exist separately and have no application to the others.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
tuntija
Just Passing Through

Post by tuntija »

MMY wrote:>I guess I'm sort of a "judaist" when it comes to SH canon.
Then I guess you're not allowed to discuss any other Silent Hill game, and if you do, every game must exist separately and have no application to the others.
I prefer more linear approach: when discussing a sequel, I accept all the changes it's made to the previous installments but forget everything that was made after it.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

This thread has gotten out of control. Just when I thought it had died, it returns! It has become the forum equivalent of Jason Voorhees.