Is $47 a good deal for SH1...case + booklet?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

ulcain
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ulcain »

I think it is okay to show an ebay thing as long as it is about getting a cheap copy of the game and it's apropos to the topic, right?

found this in the helpful little Google ads thing. right now the bid is 10 dollars and change.

Link!

Edited by K.: As a matter of forum etiquette, please do not post an incredibly long link just on its own. Please use the url codes, to prevent the screen from stretching. Thanks!
adc1432
Just Passing Through

Post by adc1432 »

My dad had Silent Hill's 1-3 around when they came out but then ended up trading them. It took me years to get them back. Bought sh1 for $18 at EB greatest hits excellent condition, used. Bought sh2 for $10 at Rhino games. Bought sh3 at gamestop for $30. SH4 was only $18.
v1nc3n+
Just Passing Through

Post by v1nc3n+ »

I already bought it and beat it guys :P, so the decision has already been made.

I don't regret spending that much for it, I'm a collector, though it was a bit ridiculous.

Although I just recently lost my SH2, and it was the greatest hits Restless dreams version -sigh-
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

It seems like a good deal to me. My copy cost over $100. It was a brand new Greatest Hits editon.
v1nc3n+
Just Passing Through

Post by v1nc3n+ »

Wow. Now I feel slightly lucky. over $100 for only greatest hits? :shock:
Rule of Rose
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Rule of Rose »

I bought my SH1 game brand new back in 2003 (Brand new, un opened, with the Greatest Hits version and all) for only 30 bucks......I was very happy to have found it on ebay :twisted:
She said her blood turns to ash
Burning eyes can't forgive you
Howling moon drives on
And deep in me
Your illusion
What you see in me
butters
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by butters »

A couple summers ago when I first read about SH somewhere I picked it up at GameStop for $9. A couple weeks later, they stopped carrying PS1 games.
Myrrh Macho Sehr Gacho
v1nc3n+
Just Passing Through

Post by v1nc3n+ »

You got majorly lucky
Xerophan
Just Passing Through

Post by Xerophan »

The cheapest I've ever seen the game brand new was eighty bux. Used, i think I saw it for like, seventy maybe? God I'd kill to have that game again. Definitely one of the greatest classics ever created. I've actually still got it, but it's so scratched up that it won't get past the intro. Damn those Ps1 game discs!
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

silenthillwhore wrote:I bought my SH1 game brand new back in 2003 (Brand new, un opened, with the Greatest Hits version and all) for only 30 bucks......I was very happy to have found it on ebay :twisted:
....*blinks*
Silent Hill 1 never got a Greatest Hits release. It's a PS1 game.
Xerophan
Just Passing Through

Post by Xerophan »

Video Gamer wrote:
silenthillwhore wrote:I bought my SH1 game brand new back in 2003 (Brand new, un opened, with the Greatest Hits version and all) for only 30 bucks......I was very happy to have found it on ebay :twisted:
....*blinks*
Silent Hill 1 never got a Greatest Hits release. It's a PS1 game.
Even Ps1 games had Greatest Hits games. And yes, Silent Hill was one of them.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Really? Whoops. I was told that they weren't. My bad.
SilentRacoonX
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SilentRacoonX »

i just bought the game off of ebay. Booklet and everything and I cant find one scratch on the disc. It wasnt sealed though, but it is the original and not the greatest hits version. Absolutely perfect for 48 dollas.
[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb319/yayoninja/skin.gif[/img]
In the Hall of Deranged Portraits I find myself...and there won't be enough left for them to bury.-SRX
SHSharpshooter
Just Passing Through

Post by SHSharpshooter »

I got my copy of Silent Hill from a friend yesterday. He had apparently bought it a while ago, but found out that it was not like Resident Evil. :lol:

I guess he's more of an action/sci-fi horror oriented person than action/psychological horror person.

Anyway, it's a GH copy of the game. Black disc and a manual that are pristine and the case is perfect. I must say that it looks great in my collection. SH0, SH1, SH2, SH3. Now all I need is SH4.
[img]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5676/shimsigms0.jpg[/img]
[i]"What is THIS? What are these...things! Why won't you leave me alone?!"[/i]
SilentRacoonX
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SilentRacoonX »

SHSharpshooter wrote:I got my copy of Silent Hill from a friend yesterday. He had apparently bought it a while ago, but found out that it was not like Resident Evil. :lol:

I guess he's more of an action/sci-fi horror oriented person than action/psychological horror person.

Anyway, it's a GH copy of the game. Black disc and a manual that are pristine and the case is perfect. I must say that it looks great in my collection. SH0, SH1, SH2, SH3. Now all I need is SH4.
That's awesome, and with my recent purchase of SH1 I now how the full set and I must concur it does look amazing. I just need to acquire the Greates Hits version of SH2, which is the equivalent to Xbox's Restless Dreams.
[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb319/yayoninja/skin.gif[/img]
In the Hall of Deranged Portraits I find myself...and there won't be enough left for them to bury.-SRX
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Re: Is $47 a good deal for SH1...case + booklet?

Post by Jonipoon »

v1nc3n+ wrote:I recently won Silent Hill on ebay and will receive it Sept. 5th. I purchased it for $47 and I'm just wondering if that was considered good, or should I resell it and then use the money I make from that to buy a sealed version?
No shit? That's a very, very, very, very, very good deal indeed!
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Darkness Concept »

The last time I looked into SH1 prices was in 05 and I think they were going for around $20. College buddy borrowed mine and broke it. Luckily I found one at EB (not GH version) for $8 I think (complete w/case and booklet). I figure that the movie does have some influence on the recent price hike.
Last edited by Darkness Concept on 02 Apr 2008, edited 1 time in total.
There Was a Hole Here...
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/octaveorange/waiting.jpg[/img]
It's Gone Now.
Rule of Rose
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Rule of Rose »

I guess if it really was a greatest hit version or if it was magincally an unopened version hidden away in someone's attick.
She said her blood turns to ash
Burning eyes can't forgive you
Howling moon drives on
And deep in me
Your illusion
What you see in me
put_here_2_feel_joy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by put_here_2_feel_joy »

I actually bought 2 of them back in the day. Each for about $10 on eBay. lol One was a UK version and I couldn't play it so I bought another. I still have the UK version. Maybe I should sell that.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Dredge_/sunsetcopy.jpg[/img]
Silent Smiffy
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Smiffy »

NEED A COPY BAD lol i want the game so bad.
Snake. We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always fought for what I believed in.