Is $47 a good deal for SH1...case + booklet?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

I bought my copy of sh1 for 60 dollars and added 8 dollars for the quick shipping. totally worth it though I wish I could have found it cheaper. oh! black label, booklet, disc in gravy condition.
TuFuiEgoEris
Just Passing Through

Post by TuFuiEgoEris »

^ still a bit pricey but as long as you feel good about the purchase then its worth it. there isnt really a boundary between being a classic rare amazing game and being an obsolete PSone game.
GioGio
Historical Society Historian

Post by GioGio »

Since it's very hard to find a copy of SH1, I would definitely pay $47.

When my nephews broke mine years back, it took me over one year to find a copy of SH1, so yes, it's worth the money in my opinion.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/tzack/0212.jpg[/img]
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

unfortunately for me, it seems every time l walk into my favorite game store, the guy has another copy of silent hill. most though it seems the disc were tortured.
Detective Cartland
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Detective Cartland »

If you are willing to pay for it, and are dedicated to the series its of course yes. Every year the game gets more rare and expensive. I noticed since the movie came out, the Ebay prices has gone up even more. I was going to go to full measures to buy it intill my cousin downloaded on his PSP in not so legal manners.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/DouglasSig.jpg[/img]
[i]"And everything seemed to be going so well...."[/i]
blank fairy
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by blank fairy »

I had to pay $50 bucks for mine but it was worth it.
Spoon
Just Passing Through

Post by Spoon »

Wow..seeing how rare Silent Hill 1 is makes me really glad it's the only game I've ever taken care of and kept in it's case >.>
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

I got my first copy of SH1 about 3 years ago on eBay for about $8 with the manual. A few months later, I got even more lucky, and found a mint condition copy for $4 in the most unlikely place: Half Price Books. I might sell it if someone needs it really badly for about.......$30. :mrgreen:
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
MillsLayne
Just Passing Through

Post by MillsLayne »

I happened to find my copy of SH at Wal-Mart the night the PS2 was released. We were waiting in line to get a PS2 but they ran out with only a couple of people in front of us. I was pretty pissed, so instead of saving my money and waiting, I went to the PS1 games and bought SH for $20 (black label) and Tony Hawk 2. I'll never regret that decision.
I am Jack's colon.
[img]http://www.bumperart.com/ProductImages/2004081616_Display-25.gif[/img][img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolchaser.com/thumb-726335.jpg[/img]
l33tspaniard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by l33tspaniard »

aj4x94 wrote:I got my first copy of SH1 about 3 years ago on eBay for about $8 with the manual. A few months later, I got even more lucky, and found a mint condition copy for $4 in the most unlikely place: Half Price Books. I might sell it if someone needs it really badly for about.......$30. :mrgreen:
o_o I HATE YOU.

...if you'll excuse me, I'm going to half price books now.
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

l33tspaniard wrote:
aj4x94 wrote:I got my first copy of SH1 about 3 years ago on eBay for about $8 with the manual. A few months later, I got even more lucky, and found a mint condition copy for $4 in the most unlikely place: Half Price Books. I might sell it if someone needs it really badly for about.......$30. :mrgreen:
o_o I HATE YOU.

...if you'll excuse me, I'm going to half price books now.
Do you live in Houston by the way? If you do, I might be able to help you out. I need money for Homecoming.
DinoNerd89
Just Passing Through

Re: Is $47 a good deal for SH1...case + booklet?

Post by DinoNerd89 »

This old thread thread is making me die inside, with the original game going for less then $50. :cry:
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

DinoNerd89 wrote: 27 May 2023 This old thread thread is making me die inside, with the original game going for less then $50. :cry:
Hahahah! IKR. 😂
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I just threw up in my mouth at this thread.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
LittleNightma
Just Passing Through

Post by LittleNightma »

I was lucky enough to snag a copy of SH1 and a PS1, both in great condition, on eBay around a year ago :D
"Writing a book is a horrible, exhausting struggle, like a long bout of some painful illness. One would never take on such a thing if one were not driven on by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand." - George Orwell
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

My local game shop just got copies of 1-4 in. The original Silent Hill is going for $75 disc-only. Thankfully my original I bought on launch day is still complete in box and functional, but I'm tempted to spring for a backup one of these days, with digital marketplaces being the way they are.

Patience is the darkest side of power.
DinoNerd89
Just Passing Through

Post by DinoNerd89 »

LittleNightma wrote: 15 Jul 2023 I was lucky enough to snag a copy of SH1 and a PS1, both in great condition, on eBay around a year ago :D
R.I.P your bank account.
DinoNerd89
Just Passing Through

Post by DinoNerd89 »

Lifetolifeless wrote: 28 Aug 2023 My local game shop just got copies of 1-4 in. The original Silent Hill is going for $75 disc-only. Thankfully my original I bought on launch day is still complete in box and functional, but I'm tempted to spring for a backup one of these days, with digital marketplaces being the way they are.
Totally understandable, and i feel the same. I have the OG Silent Hill digital game on PS3 as a PS Classic, but i so much prefer to have hard copies. I don't trust online digital stores much either.