silent hill movie music..

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

nifftynoodle
Just Passing Through

silent hill movie music..

Post by nifftynoodle »

i already looked up who contributed the music for the film, but i was just wondering if anyone knew what the name of the song is when they are in the truck driving at night..
Ruinous
Just Passing Through

Post by Ruinous »

"Letter-From the Lost Days"
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Re: silent hill movie music..

Post by Vixx »

nifftynoodle wrote:i already looked up who contributed the music for the film, but i was just wondering if anyone knew what the name of the song is when they are in the truck driving at night..
Most of the score is written by Akira Yamaoka, who also wrote the score/SFX for the games. :)

Letter From The Lost Days comes from the soundtrack for Silent Hill 3. :)
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That´s a good song, but Wounded Warsong is my personal favorite song from the movie.
Ruinous
Just Passing Through

Re: silent hill movie music..

Post by Ruinous »

Vixx wrote:
nifftynoodle wrote:i already looked up who contributed the music for the film, but i was just wondering if anyone knew what the name of the song is when they are in the truck driving at night..
Most of the score is written by Akira Yamaoka, who also wrote the score/SFX for the games. :)

Letter From The Lost Days comes from the soundtrack for Silent Hill 3. :)
They just used the soundtrack from the games for the movies. They didn't add much.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

Indeed, also, what song was that when Rose escaped and she made it to the school? I didn't remember hearing that one before.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
Ruinous
Just Passing Through

Post by Ruinous »

jthomp1286 wrote:Indeed, also, what song was that when Rose escaped and she made it to the school? I didn't remember hearing that one before.
I don't remember ,but I am in love with the music from the games so I will watch it again and figure it out.
nifftynoodle
Just Passing Through

Post by nifftynoodle »

thank you all for answering :)
ValtielInvoked
Just Passing Through

Post by ValtielInvoked »

Since this is a movie music thread...would anyone happen to know what the song is called that's playing near the end as Alessa emerges up into the church with Rose standing there?
It's a really nifty organ theme,and it's definately one of my favorites from the film.
I reject your reality and substitute my own :]
[img]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/6540/vat1psdjf6.jpg[/img]
Knight
Just Passing Through

Post by Knight »

While Jeff Danna didn't really do too much on this film (which is why I still can't believe he got the music credit), he did do SOME things. The part where Rose is heading towards the school was Danna's. You can tell because for some weird reason he popped in a bunch of ethnic percussion (which is very typical film music stuff at the moment). I thought that the cue detracted from the rest of the score, considering that one of the reasons I like the music for the SH games are because Yamaoka tends to steer away from the typical hollywood orchestra sound.

I was actually kind of pissed off when I watched the movie and saw the music credit at the end. I mean, if ANYTHING Danna should have gotten credit as "Orchestrations by" (for all those pieces that he added a couple instruments or notes) and a "Additional Music by". There was NO reason at all for him to get credit for the entire score, that was just stupid and really disrespectful on Danna's part. If they make a sequel (which they probably will), I hope that the director will have enough sense to have BOTH Yamaoka and another name composer on the project. Sorry boys and girls but the studios don't like composers who have never scored a film before, so that is about the best we can hope for.

Knight (I sure rant a lot) :x
Droo

Post by Droo »

Untitled SH3 Boss Music.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
nifftynoodle
Just Passing Through

Post by nifftynoodle »

yeah when i did the search on SH music, Yamaoka did come up alot, and when i watched the movie the night i bought it, and watcbed the credits.. i was like who the hell is this guy?!?!? haha.
DiverseMan190
Just Passing Through

Post by DiverseMan190 »

acually, there is only like 7 or 8 songs that were credited in the movie, the only other one that wans't in the games was Ring of Fire By Johnny Cash, and the rest were from all 4 games.
"When I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away. "-
Identity
jblue
Just Passing Through

Post by jblue »

The Music in this movie was Amazing!!!
It's kinda made me realx;
It's kinda gave ne encourage;
It's kinda formed an atmosphere with silence and alternation......
I'm not from a English area, so excuse my any spelling that would probably make mistakes.
The Music was completely suceessful, fantastic! I wish I could have a free-downloading of them, that might be great useful helping me sleeping(Not joking). :?
I am a Conter-Zionism for god's sake.
jblue
Just Passing Through

Post by jblue »

Excuse me, but I do find a free down of that just now; But I'm not sure if that will be illegal or Not, or will cause any annoyance here for some Copy-Respect reasons? Confirm me if I could open the links here. :oops:
I am a Conter-Zionism for god's sake.
swedish
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by swedish »

Not allowed to post online links to the soundtrack. Rules.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/6124/maiwaifuit1.jpg[/img][/url]
pink_isnt_well000
Historical Society Historian

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

jblue wrote:Excuse me, but I do find a free down of that just now; But I'm not sure if that will be illegal or Not, or will cause any annoyance here for some Copy-Respect reasons? Confirm me if I could open the links here. :oops:
http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6016

That says no...please read the rules.
Spudrush
Just Passing Through

Post by Spudrush »

the coolest 'music' was the music when the gray children attack her.
the music from SH2 when the hotel goes evil.
it rocked
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy.
zaftgirl
Just Passing Through

Post by zaftgirl »

jthomp1286 wrote:Indeed, also, what song was that when Rose escaped and she made it to the school? I didn't remember hearing that one before.
If I'm not wrong, it was Promise (repraise) o_o
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

No, I found it was Wounded Warsong from SH4.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down