MOVIE ENDING THEORIES!

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Re: MOVIE ENDING THEORIES!

Post by Yuki »

soft_cell wrote:So can someone tell me that Alessa in this movie, is the same girl, Heather in the second movie?

How will this last movie link to the new one? In the game Heather is Alessa right?

But of course the movie is separate from the games....but in this new movie Rose and Chris are in it....

The only correct answer: we don't know. We're assuming Alessa/Sharon is Heather in Revelations because Rose appears in the movie, as does Sean Bean (named Harry, but presumably was originally Chris, as in the first film).

Yes, in the original game, Heather is Alessa.
soft_cell
Just Passing Through

Post by soft_cell »

Yuki wrote:
soft_cell wrote:So can someone tell me that Alessa in this movie, is the same girl, Heather in the second movie?

How will this last movie link to the new one? In the game Heather is Alessa right?

But of course the movie is separate from the games....but in this new movie Rose and Chris are in it....

The only correct answer: we don't know. We're assuming Alessa/Sharon is Heather in Revelations because Rose appears in the movie, as does Sean Bean (named Harry, but presumably was originally Chris, as in the first film).

This is so confusing - because like most people, at the end of the movie I reached the conclusion they were dead and/or trapped inside the SH realm.

It would be interesting to see how she got out of that and reuinted with her dad to grow up? That might not even be in the movie at all... it could be totally seperate from the first movie?

I guess we just have to wait and see... :shock:
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

I was honestly hoping that Heather was going to be removed from the Alessa plot somehow (movie and games, I'm sick of Alessa) but that seems like it can't be the case. I'm especially confused, though, about Mr. Bean playing two characters in the same series. Unless Sharon/Heather escaped the fog realm somehow and reunited with her dad, then there was somehow a cult attack and they had to relocate and join the witness protection program... you get where I'm going with this.
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^Yeah, I really want to know how they got her out of the fog world. I think that Rose leaves with Alessa at the end of the first movie, so I really want to know how this all plays out. Maybe Heather/Sharon somehow became her own separate person from Alessa and reunited with Chris somehow. It sounds kind of interesting. After all, though Alessa and Heather are the same people (in Silent Hill 3), they think differently, making them different people in that sense. Now that I've thought all of this out, I'm very excited for this movie.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

xoxsnoof wrote:I was honestly hoping that Heather was going to be removed from the Alessa plot somehow (movie and games, I'm sick of Alessa) but that seems like it can't be the case. I'm especially confused, though, about Mr. Bean playing two characters in the same series. Unless Sharon/Heather escaped the fog realm somehow and reunited with her dad, then there was somehow a cult attack and they had to relocate and join the witness protection program... you get where I'm going with this.
I'm betting that Sean Bean is playing the same character. Bassett did state that it's an adaptation of the third game with some changes, so the idea that Alessa is now Heather who is on the run with her father Harry (who used to be Chris; I'm fairly certain SH3 mentions they changed their names at one point) isn't unlikely.

soft_cell wrote:
Yuki wrote:

This is so confusing - because like most people, at the end of the movie I reached the conclusion they were dead and/or trapped inside the SH realm.

It would be interesting to see how she got out of that and reuinted with her dad to grow up? That might not even be in the movie at all... it could be totally seperate from the first movie?

I guess we just have to wait and see... :shock:
They were trapped, but not dead, I should think. Bassett's already stated he wrote a way out of the end of the first movie, so we'll see what happens.
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

Yuki wrote:I'm betting that Sean Bean is playing the same character. Bassett did state that it's an adaptation of the third game with some changes, so the idea that Alessa is now Heather who is on the run with her father Harry (who used to be Chris; I'm fairly certain SH3 mentions they changed their names at one point) isn't unlikely.
That would have to be the only way this would work out to any degree, though it is a little disappointing that we'd be able to pick up on that so early. I just hope it wasn't intended to be this GASP big reveal 'cause all of the plot synopses I'm seeing are acting like Heather's a completely different person. I mean, of course it's going to be surprising for those who watch the movie(s) but don't follow the games but to those who have it'll be extremely underwhelming so I just hope there's another, bigger, reveal that can actually catch us off guard.

It does mention, somewhere. I think it might've been in Douglas' notebook, but Harry and new!Cheryl were living comfortably in Portland and then a cultist attacked them (trying to get revenge on Harry or steal Cheryl) and Harry killed them in self defense so they had to join the witness protection program and they changed their names (I'm not sure if Harry's name is actually ever mentioned in SH3, it's been a while since I've played it; I know for a fact his 'new' name isn't mentioned so the fact that that Chris from the first movie changes to Harry in the second is pretty neat and believable if the scenario's the same).

I really do hope I like this movie, though. I want to like it. It just have to give me reasons to.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

xoxsnoof wrote:
Yuki wrote:I'm betting that Sean Bean is playing the same character. Bassett did state that it's an adaptation of the third game with some changes, so the idea that Alessa is now Heather who is on the run with her father Harry (who used to be Chris; I'm fairly certain SH3 mentions they changed their names at one point) isn't unlikely.
That would have to be the only way this would work out to any degree, though it is a little disappointing that we'd be able to pick up on that so early. I just hope it wasn't intended to be this GASP big reveal 'cause all of the plot synopses I'm seeing are acting like Heather's a completely different person. I mean, of course it's going to be surprising for those who watch the movie(s) but don't follow the games but to those who have it'll be extremely underwhelming so I just hope there's another, bigger, reveal that can actually catch us off guard.

It does mention, somewhere. I think it might've been in Douglas' notebook, but Harry and new!Cheryl were living comfortably in Portland and then a cultist attacked them (trying to get revenge on Harry or steal Cheryl) and Harry killed them in self defense so they had to join the witness protection program and they changed their names (I'm not sure if Harry's name is actually ever mentioned in SH3, it's been a while since I've played it; I know for a fact his 'new' name isn't mentioned so the fact that that Chris from the first movie changes to Harry in the second is pretty neat and believable if the scenario's the same).

I really do hope I like this movie, though. I want to like it. It just have to give me reasons to.
To be fair, we're also able to pick up on it so early because we're following the filming process (and we know Rose and Dahlia are back, so Sean Bean is likely Chris), and we're fans of the original game.
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

Wow, I just reread my last post and I sounded very whiny. Oops.

I'm not trying to knock the film or make it seem like I think they're doing a bad job, I just would like this movie to exceed my expectations. I saw the first one in theaters and own a copy and was very harsh on it at first, then slowly grew to appreciate it for what it was. At least with this movie we've already got that feeling, those of us who have come to terms, accepted or enjoyed the original one, and it'll be much easier to enjoy c:
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

xoxsnoof wrote:Wow, I just reread my last post and I sounded very whiny. Oops.

I'm not trying to knock the film or make it seem like I think they're doing a bad job, I just would like this movie to exceed my expectations. I saw the first one in theaters and own a copy and was very harsh on it at first, then slowly grew to appreciate it for what it was. At least with this movie we've already got that feeling, those of us who have come to terms, accepted or enjoyed the original one, and it'll be much easier to enjoy c:
I totally agree with that last bit. :) And I dunno, every time I read something Bassett has said about the film, I think even more that it'll be at the very least good. There'll of course be people who hate it because it's not the same as the game, but listening to him, I have faith it'll be at the very least fun to watch.
blinkfan
Just Passing Through

Post by blinkfan »

Hi guys, my first post here on SH forums and stoked to be here. I'm a recent SH convert/fan after watching the movie. What a great movie. I can confidently say this is the best, most thought provoking movie I've ever watched. Having watched it about 2 dozen times now I've gotten quite a clear picture of what's going on.

I added the Sharon actress on twitter a while back and been picking her brain a bit as to what was really going on. It's deep, there are so many levels and it took me a few weeks to get my head around. I'll post a breakdown of SH in a few days, once I fully get my head around it all.

Anyway, I know this is a very old community and an old franchise and just wanted to stop in and say it's great to be here and hope to contribute in any way I can! :)
Last edited by blinkfan on 30 May 2011, edited 1 time in total.
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

Welcome, Blinkfan, and congrats on your first post!

A good way to start contributing would be to be on topic of the thread you post in c: Just a suggestion. But that's cool you got to add her and have been doing back and forths, it must be interesting hearing a take on the internal workings of the plot from one of the actors.
blinkfan
Just Passing Through

Post by blinkfan »

I know this has been posted before, I've read every single thread on this topic but basically Alessa doesn't trust the outside world, she was betrayed by everything and everyone in the real world so at the end of Silent Hill, she maintains her control over the world she feels most comfortable in, the world she created, Silent Hill, at least for now :)
Aerith Gainsborough

^I've thought that, as well. I've thought that Alessa at the end of Silent Hill wants to keep Rose and herself in the Fog world, because for Alessa it is like her sanctuary. There are no outside forces to hurt her, and she's with the most important person to her: Her mother. She was also raped, atleast is what we assume, by Colin, the janitor, which could make Alessa have an overall fear of men, which is why she separated herself and Rose from Christopher. There are three dimensions in the movie: Normal Silent Hill, Fog Silent Hill, and Other World Silent Hill. The Fog is like Alessa's own personal sanctuary, Otherworld is her own personal Hell come to life. That's my two cents, take it or leave it. ;D
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

I believe that however Heather came to be could be the 'Revelation' in the sequel. It seems logical that Alessa might want to start her entire life over by reincarnating herself. Maybe she could do this and not dissipate the dark forces going on in Silent Hill, thus trapping Rose in the alternative reality, and selfishly starting her own life over as Heather, maybe by being picked up by Christopher some how. But why keep Rose in the alternative universe? It will be interesting to see what actually happens to her, since her scenes in Revelation as we know at this point are not very long.

Or maybe Heather is a twin of Alessa's, having been out of the town since their birth, and Alessa is trying to reconnect for some reason? I don't know, I'm just bs'ing and pondering. One would naturally assume, especially after playing the games and reading what is known about the story of Revelations at this point, that Heather is part of Alessa some how. But 'how' is the mystery.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Aerith Gainsborough

^The latter couldn't work because Heather knows Christopher as her father, thus meaning that she has to be Sharon somehow going by the alias 'Heather.'

I think Heather and Alessa will both be in this film. I think that Sharon somehow escaped Silent Hill and got back with Christopher, while Alessa stayed with Rose. Yes, I know Sharon=Alessa, or atleast her good side, and we've came towards the conclusion that perhaps both halves of Alessa rejoined to create the Alessa we see leaving Silent Hill with rose, but I kind of wonder if maybe the Dark part of Alessa was leaving with Rose, and the light, Sharon, somehow escaped and reunited with Christopher. It seems outlandish, but this has been running through my mind since I heard about the plot of the sequel, and it's one of the only theories I can come up with, based on the knowledge I have of the first movie. Thus, I conclude that Sharon reunited with Christopher, and they've been on the run, resulting in their aliases 'Heather and Harry Mason,' while Rose and the dark part of Alessa are having mother-daughter time in Alessa's personal sanctuary known as the Fog world that has overcome the barriers between Silent Hill and the rest of the world, meaning that Alessa, or Dark Alessa, rather, has the power to spread this so that she can have ultimate control everywhere. This also supports my theory that Rose leaves with Dark Alessa. Alessa, in the movie, didn't appear to have powers of her own. She was called a witch for being a 'love-child', not for having any special powers. This would mean that for in order the Fog World to spread to Rose's home and etc, Dark Alessa would have to be behind it, because she was the one who made things happen. Wow, I definitely rambled!
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^The latter couldn't work because Heather knows Christopher as her father, thus meaning that she has to be Sharon somehow going by the alias 'Heather.'

I think Heather and Alessa will both be in this film. I think that Sharon somehow escaped Silent Hill and got back with Christopher, while Alessa stayed with Rose. Yes, I know Sharon=Alessa, or atleast her good side, and we've came towards the conclusion that perhaps both halves of Alessa rejoined to create the Alessa we see leaving Silent Hill with rose, but I kind of wonder if maybe the Dark part of Alessa was leaving with Rose, and the light, Sharon, somehow escaped and reunited with Christopher. It seems outlandish, but this has been running through my mind since I heard about the plot of the sequel, and it's one of the only theories I can come up with, based on the knowledge I have of the first movie. Thus, I conclude that Sharon reunited with Christopher, and they've been on the run, resulting in their aliases 'Heather and Harry Mason,' while Rose and the dark part of Alessa are having mother-daughter time in Alessa's personal sanctuary known as the Fog world that has overcome the barriers between Silent Hill and the rest of the world, meaning that Alessa, or Dark Alessa, rather, has the power to spread this so that she can have ultimate control everywhere. This also supports my theory that Rose leaves with Dark Alessa. Alessa, in the movie, didn't appear to have powers of her own. She was called a witch for being a 'love-child', not for having any special powers. This would mean that for in order the Fog World to spread to Rose's home and etc, Dark Alessa would have to be behind it, because she was the one who made things happen. Wow, I definitely rambled!
I could've sworn they established that Alessa had powers; they just didn't actively show what they were. Besides, Dark Alessa is Alessa. It was all the hatred and anger she had in her heart, split off from the rest of her.
Aerith Gainsborough

I know that people say that Dark Alessa is Alessa dark part, and it is, but there is evidence that proves that there is more to it. She says, "Right now I'm the dark part of Alessa." This implies that she has, and will be, other forms. Also, if you watch the making of the movie, Gans says, when talking about talking about Jodelle's roles to her, that she would be playing 'The Devil.' I think in the movie, the evil side of Alessa is brought out as a manifestation by 'The Devil', while her goodness, is brought out, of course, through Sharon.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Gans has also later clarified that he did not mean the actual Devil.
Aerith Gainsborough

I haven't heard this, honestly, but I guess it doesn't hurt for me to look it up. This is just my theory about it, though. I'm in no way saying I'm correct.

Edit: Actually, in the film (as well as the game), there is no talk of her father. Hell, Dahlia could have strangely gotten pregnant with her without intercourse and she could be some demon spawn. You never know!
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

He implies it in this interview:
http://www.silenthillmemories.net/creat ... egm_en.htm

I can't find the specific interview where he says it isn't (and I THINK it might have even been non-English), and some of the other interviews seem to contradict this... could someone else help me out a bit?