Avary and Hadida Returning to Silent Hill

Post by Krysta »

so the first concrete news about the sequel arrived just now today

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59119

cant wait
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

Wow I'm surprised Roger Avary is apart of it considering the manslaughter charges.
My Websites!
Image Image Image
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

sentence isn't yet annouced, but probation most likely is what can be expected. So new Resident Evil movie first then Silent Hill, at least year of waiting. Damn 4 years who would have thought they gonna stretch it so long
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I'm surprised Avary is a part of it considering his rape of the film's dialogue.

ETA: If it's filming next year, we should start to see cast announcements soon. I'm crossing my fingers that Gans might be able to return as well.
Silent Evil
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Evil »

This is not good folks. :cry:

I was actually kind of excited about the prospect of a sequel, if only to right the many wrongs of the first one.

But this is horrible news. Avary did a terrible job on the first film's script, and as it turns out he's pretty much a scumbag of a human being as well.

IMO they needed to get rid of Gans, Avary, Tatatpolous, and everyone else associated with the first film and get people who know what the hell they're doing. Especially if they're gonna try to pull off the second game's story, it's even more imperative to get things right moreso than before.
Follow me on: deviantART | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Seriously? Tatoupolos? Every single person who worked on the first film? I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Why does everyone playa-hate on Frenchie? The film certainly had its flaws, but few of them were directorial!

That said, am I the only one who is surprised that the sequel is taking this long to make?
-Alligator-
Just Passing Through

Post by -Alligator- »

I think that Gans did a good job, but I didn't like the script so much.
DirtyNorris
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DirtyNorris »

First reaction-excited, this seems to be some conformation that the sequel is going ahead. Sorry if this was already pretty much accepted, I haven't been paying much attention to the progress of this.

Second reaction-panic, Silent Hill 2 is much closer to fans hearts than 1, I can hear everyone bitching already. Plus the second runs almost entirely on emotion, all I can remember from the first movie is running and screaming.

Third reaction-There's going to be a fourth Resident Evil? Oh Jesus.
[img]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac241/DirtyNorris/o0p1cpjpg.png[/img]
Chrism~
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chrism~ »

About frigging time that we get something concrete.

I loved the first Silent Hill film despite its flaws, one of them being the screenwriting of Roger Avary. But I am still excited, hoping that the second movie is as good or maybe even better than the first one. Which is probably not very likely, because Gans is gone, he did a terrific job at directing the first movie and I doubt that anyone else will be able to pick up on his mantle.
-Alligator-
Just Passing Through

Post by -Alligator- »

DirtyNorris wrote:First reaction-excited, this seems to be some conformation that the sequel is going ahead. Sorry if this was already pretty much accepted, I haven't been paying much attention to the progress of this.

Second reaction-panic, Silent Hill 2 is much closer to fans hearts than 1, I can hear everyone bitching already. Plus the second runs almost entirely on emotion, all I can remember from the first movie is running and screaming.

Was is confirmed somewhere that second movie is going to based on the story of the second game? I know it seems obvious that it will but it doesn't have to be that way.
DirtyNorris
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DirtyNorris »

-Alligator- wrote:
DirtyNorris wrote:First reaction-excited, this seems to be some conformation that the sequel is going ahead. Sorry if this was already pretty much accepted, I haven't been paying much attention to the progress of this.

Was is confirmed somewhere that second movie is going to based on the story of the second game? I know it seems obvious that it will but it doesn't have to be that way.
Sorry, my mistake, I just assumed it would have the plot of the second game. I didn't think there was much left from the first that could be turned into a sequel.

Here's Samuel Hadida's IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0352820/.
He produced the three RE films. Ah.

EDIT-IMDB page added
[img]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac241/DirtyNorris/o0p1cpjpg.png[/img]
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

I don't know, I'm pretty excited about the sequel. I'm really looking forward to it!

Then again, I actually liked the first movie, so... :oops:
CodenameJ
Just Passing Through

Post by CodenameJ »

Hopefully this will be an entirely original story.

The first film had great imagery and atmosphere, but the script kept it from reaching its full potential.
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

Oh god. Avary is terrible. And if Gans is gone, then you can nearly count on this movie being pretty much horrible. Gans is actually a skilled director, something never seen before in the realm of video game - film adaptations, and the chances of them finding another good director are slim, especially with whatever god-awful script Avary will be producing.

My hope for the sequel is gone. =(
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]
Ravager
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Ravager »

I liked the first movie so I'm glad there's going to be a sequel. As long as they don't turn it into an action movie or slasher, I'm fine with it.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Avery is back?:shock:
Ugh, they always mention something about Resident Evil! :evil:
If they would stop mentioning the two together, I'd be a lot happier person! I know he is working on way more films than that one.

Anyways, like I said before in the many false Silent Hill 2 movie threads, I'm excited! I doubt the plot will be anything close to the original. :cry: But anything more Silent Hill i am ALL for! CAN'T WAIT!! Thanks for the info Whitney!
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

I can't wait for anything SH, I don't get into "Who's directing, producing, blah blah blah" I don't care, I just watch movies for what they are and if I like it, I like it.

And they're making another RE movie....with Milla-fucking-Jovovich....AGAIN!? WTF! I can't stand this stupid broad and I absolutely fucking hate how they base the entire series around her! Ughhh! :evil:
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
kumiko
Gravedigger

Post by kumiko »

new story will be interesting to see what they come up with
Youma Taisan!
GioGio

Post by GioGio »

Whitney wrote:Wow I'm surprised Roger Avary is apart of it considering the manslaughter charges.
Manslaughter charges?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/tzack/0212.jpg[/img]
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real