Casting Call!

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Re: Casting Call!

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^As much as I love Donna, I don't think it would really work out because Angela has a very youthful demeanor and look about her (which is probably because well...she's young). Donna doesn't hold that youthful expression that I think really helps capture the character that is Angela. I would say someone who is in their early twenties or late teens to play Angela, though I don't have anyone in mind at the moment.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

For people saying that Thomas Jane is too buff to play James, Exhibit A for the defense:

MartinStatic
Just Passing Through

Post by MartinStatic »

From the first moment I seen James in the bathroom, I couldn't help but assume it was meant to be Sean Bean.

As for the others, there's plenty of characteristic fat guys who can play Eddy. They don't need to look like the game characters to pull the character off; they simply need to be able to play the character. So for Eddy, I'd pick this guy from Cabin Fever.

Mary/Maria, you'd need an actress that could pull off both roles (homely and sexy) and I can't think of any. Marilyn Monroe probably could, though. (Diaz is a terrible choice, she's as far detatched from the character(s) as possible!)
Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Moosefrenzy »

I met Cary Elwes at Monster Mania autograph convention last August. He's still fit and not overweight. He could play James Sutherland just fine. He was very personable and genuine in his kindness towards people's appreciation of his film work, especially hearing him talk during his Q&A. Search some fan pictures online from the con.

I also met Laurie Holden there. She had very good things to say about Christophe Gans and Jodelle Ferland.
Otherworldly
Just Passing Through

Post by Otherworldly »

MartinStatic, I could see that guy being Eddie. Also I can see Ethan Cohn, especially how he looks as Graham in the movie "Cry Wolf". As for James, definitely Cary Elwes, MAYBE Keifer Sutherland... As for Angela, I would cast Laurie Metcalf. Cameron Diaz might make a good Mary/Maria. Laura I don't really know, I don't know many child actors/actresses.
"A detective? Really? Well, nice talkin' to ya."
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Idris Elba for Howard: