Did Cristabella suffer enough?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

DigitalDemon
Just Passing Through

Did Cristabella suffer enough?

Post by DigitalDemon »

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
For giving the order to beat Cybil practically beating Cybil to death(it sure sounded like it)? For roasting poor Cybil alive? For leading the "cult" into a frenzy? And wanting to Burn the child, the demon? For all the suffering she caused... do you believe Clarabella met a justified level of suffering herself in the end?
I say no way. Always when I watch the movie I think of this. More could've been done. :twisted:
help me i am in hell

the slave thinks he is released from bondage
only to find a stronger set of chains
Ashmodean
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Ashmodean »

it sure sounded like it)?
I think they just hobbled her since she put up such a fight...thats what the bone smashing sounds were.
do you believe Clarabella met a justified level of suffering herself in the end?
Barbed wire up the vag? I would imagine that would feel a little f*cked up at least. I'm not sure if it was fitting though.
DigitalDemon
Just Passing Through

Post by DigitalDemon »

What the hell was her name..... Christabella?
My thread is titled wrong. I look officially retarded! :P
Impo, that barbed wire should have wrapped around her throat. This is to silence her cries of "god save me".... and I always wonder if you actually feel your body bein ripped in half?
It sure was an attack from below tho. I never really considered that info Ashmodean.
help me i am in hell

Ashmodean
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Ashmodean »

I thouhgt it was symbolocially apropriate because she is so proud of her purity and dignity and it is a very undignifying way to go out.
SethSunderland
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SethSunderland »

DigitalDemon wrote:
Impo, that barbed wire should have wrapped around her throat. This is to silence her cries of "god save me".... and I always wonder if you actually feel your body bein ripped in half?
Well you would feel it until its too late.

I suppose it must be somthing like dying from the "injector" gun in Timesplitters2. Swell up until you explode. lol.
[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5484/sethsunderlandnewdigjr5.jpg[/img]
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

no, she deserved much much worse. btw it's Christabella :wink:
Life changes daily so go with it!
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, I go with the guy who said it robbed her of her purity and dignity, so in that sense, it's appropriate. And it's implied that Christabella and all the cultists were pulled into the Dark Alessa's hell to suffer eternally, so yea, those fuckers got what they deserved.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Warning: Pretension ahead:

I believe the barbed-wire-up-the-cooch is a microcosm of the events going on in the church as a whole. After all, the cultists view Cristabella as a mother of sorts, a protector and provider. The cultists themselves are as infants, unable to survive and sustain without 'mother'. Through their refusal to accept the truth of their actions, one can surmise that they are infants who refuse to be born, instead seeking and receiving warmth and a strange sort of love in Cristabella's womb; the church. Cristabella's figurative womb is infiltrated by Alessa herself, and moments later, her literal womb is invaded also by Alessa, through her barbed wire. In this, Cristabella literally loses everything she could possibly lose, first her church, then her children, and finally her life itself. One might also surmise that her faith in god might well have been irreparably violated, though we never know this for sure.
Silent Vamphyri
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Vamphyri »

I don't know. I think the barbed wire rape, then being ripped in half was a pretty nasty punishment. Pretty imaginative on the parts of the film makers, in my opinion.
Ashmodean
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Ashmodean »

Warning: Pretension ahead:
Yeah, because good ideas make you such a pretensious bastard. (sarcasm)
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It is when you present them pretentiously. ^_^
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The 8th Aspect
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by The 8th Aspect »

I can't stand it anymore. Your title. Fixed.
[i]I am[/i] one of Christian's most [i]awesome[/i] Peeps.

[url=http://silenthillforum.com/faq.php#1]SHHF FAQs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=122]Sig/Avatar Restrictions[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=70]Request Avatars and Sigs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=249]SHHF Guidelines[/url]
Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Moosefrenzy »

I'm pretty sure she suffered enough by watching all of her followers physically get ripped to shreds in front of her eyes as well as her self, especially after she had her mental breakdown when Alessa was able to enter her only place of security in the world.
redize
Just Passing Through

Post by redize »

Being torn apart with the barbed wire (flange first :shock: ) was a fitting demise for the nutty old bag......'though I think it would've been so much better if Pyramid Head could've gotten his hands on her! Plus, it would have meant more screen time for him :P
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a42/redize/Avatars%20-%20Sigs/689501a9-1.jpg[/img]
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Barbed wire up the giney, good enough punishment in my eyes.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
valiturus

Post by valiturus »

I think I would classify being strangled, constantly cut open and raped with barbed wire serves as a pretty gruesome punishment.
DigitalDemon
Just Passing Through

Post by DigitalDemon »

Her torture should've been prolonged.....
But evil Alessa celebrating in her raining bloody remains was pretty sweet
And more of the followers deaths should've been shown in detail :evil: right before Christabella's eyes. A sort of mental torture.
help me i am in hell

game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

Okay, now you guys are scaring me.

Sounds like a circle of sadists.
DigitalDemon
Just Passing Through

Post by DigitalDemon »

"Super angry Super hated Super guitar super cerated. Never sad sad sad."

The Super Sadist is the 1st thing that came to mind when we were called sadists, sorry I'm off-topic.......

Dark Allessa thought the punishment was suitable, obviously, by the way she acted(practically dancing in Christabella's bloody remains. Yep, she was satisfied.
help me i am in hell

laidtorest666
Just Passing Through

Post by laidtorest666 »

yes i think the bitch got what she deserved
i mean she got her inside all fucked up the was ripped in half
i think that was a pretty good way to end it
what wouldve made it better is that everyone of them them being reborn into the silent hill world and have to go back through it again just to insure they really can know how cruel alessa can be
[img]http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/Heartless_Wretch/My%20Chemical%20Romance/ththoa.gif[/img]