Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 26 May 2018

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Silent hill-is not hell?..is it the hell in the mind

Missing since: 19 Sep 2006
Notes left: 12
Last seen at: DEMNSION X
i was just wondering if yall have notice that through all the SH games and movie...
i was wondering if you notice somthing about the lake and the gas fumes that concludes in the games and movie.
In my belief i think the fumes of the gas and the fog from the lake makes the people who lives there and enter silent hill CRAZY?..could it be?could it be that the monsters and suffering of a human being is played out through there minds?, Can it also be true that what james and other characters are killing is the people that are in reality? Because the Characters are clouded from thier own judgement "phycologicaly?" Is about how humans go physco and start to see things that resemblence something from there painful past or FEAR?
---i did some research also about back int eh greek era, up in a mountain there was some people who lived on top of a coal mine which was buring, the fumes made the people in the city go crazy, some of them thought they could see the futrue and some thought thier were demons attacking....its pretty crazy?

WEll jsut my opinion?..some of yall my have the answer to this, but through my guess i believe its not the town itself that ahs the magic, its the fume and fog from the lake? which causes hallucination, and logicaly the mind can kill the physical side of the body..

I just wanted to see some response to what you think of the reason behind why all these characters are going insane? just wanted to see what you think can cause all this?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Sep 2006
Notes left: 49
Last seen at: Oklahoma...sadly
How incitful...
...and how awful as I can't recall what game exactly had a character tell (I think it was James) another about how what he was killing wasn't quite what he was seeing. I have this suspision it was actually those shadow children, but that was the first game no? I'm sorry if I redirected the topic a bit, feel free to ignore me-but I'm almost positive that what's being seen and what's really going on has indeed been discussed within game play. Even if for a moment...anyone know what I mean? :?:

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Except we have people dissapearing in THIN AIR from real life and into some other dimension and vice versa. And how do you explain Heather?

The theory doesn't work.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

RealNowhereGirl wrote:
How incitful...
...and how awful as I can't recall what game exactly had a character tell (I think it was James) another about how what he was killing wasn't quite what he was seeing. I have this suspision it was actually those shadow children, but that was the first game no? I'm sorry if I redirected the topic a bit, feel free to ignore me-but I'm almost positive that what's being seen and what's really going on has indeed been discussed within game play. Even if for a moment...anyone know what I mean? :?:

True i know what you mean...thats how i went through playing all those game thinking the same logic....till a friend of mind did some researche on the writer of the book silent hill and some gamer information about the symbolism and reality of it?......one of my buddy's told me the fumes and seeds planted in the water is what also causes the deadly fume to hallucinate and make a person go crazy.....some if it can happen just like magic in the game...but to think really closely, it could be that all teh characters that are haunt, are physcolicaly going crazy to a mental state of mind.....i do believe there is also some paranormal that effects it...

well lets just say
CRAZY GAS FUME+PARANORMAL+PHYcoloicaly+fog from water+fear+MINd=SILENT HILL
I beleive these are the ingrediants to make the mind go crazy and make silent hill come ture...

Post subject:

I like how you ignore my point entirely.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: Silent hill-is not hell?..is it the hell in the mind

Missing since: 24 Apr 2006
Notes left: 193
What are the gas masks used for in the movie? why wasn't there any fog inside the buildings!

AuraTwilight wrote:
I like how you ignore my point entirely.

Here here! :D

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
Not only is that kind of silly, but as Aura alluded to, it fails because it cannot explain why identical instances of the Otherside appear in places far away from Silent Hill such as Ashfield and whatever city Heather lives in.

Also, the Otherside is explained in a note found in Silent Hill 2, and it makes it clear that anyone, anywhere, can find the Otherside. It's a mental condition, and Silent Hill is merely a place that seems more attuned to it.

It has nothing to do with this mythical Toluca Lake chili-shit exhaust you mention, though.

Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2005
Notes left: 3898
SH4 didn't have fog since it was located in Ashfield (sorry to reiterate part of your post, Ryan) - an evidence that the fog isn't wholely responsible for what had happened in the SH franchise.

Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Oct 2004
Notes left: 2132
Last seen at: In the Cave of Rendezvous
Ashfield didn't have fog because what you saw was never in unreality. We have never seen the REAL Silent Hill. The "nature"of Sh4 is different because it is another part of the mythology.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Hmmm...why would Heather disappear?
Did anyone else realize that she was the only individual who was in that mall? In the subway? The only other individual she saw was that investigator guy and then there was the phone call she made home.

Who's to say she wasn't already in another world after having fallen asleep in the burger shop?

"Except we have people dissapearing in THIN AIR from real life and into some other dimension and vice versa. And how do you explain Heather? "
((This comment goes out to Aura))

Post subject:

Glazarus wrote:
Ashfield didn't have fog because what you saw was never in unreality. We have never seen the REAL Silent Hill. The "nature"of Sh4 is different because it is another part of the mythology.

We don't see fog in Heather's city, either, on the two occasions we are able to see its exterior before nightfall.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Apr 2006
Notes left: 193
For SH3, maybe Claudia worked part time as a DJ and had access to this fog machine strapped on her back and she was drugging everyone?

As for SH4, maybe its another part of the mythology, because the Walter mentioned in SH2 was a different Walter, and Wish House mentioned in SH3 had nothing to do with this one?

:lol:

Oh well.

Post subject:

I think the fog is merely the natural by-product of Silent Hill being a lakeside town in New England. It's amplified for atmospheric purposes, but not completely fabricated.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Nov 2005
Notes left: 381
Last seen at: Trapped at the End of The World...
Lol, I love the mental image of Clauda as a DJ!

"They've come to witness the beginning....of the PARTYYYY!"

Okay, that was bad. Sorry.

Anyway, besides the fact that the Otherworld surfaces in other locations, there's also the fact that the coal fire fumes are only in the movie. Which is not canon to the games.

As for killing humans that appear to be monsters, it's in SH3 that Vincent alludes to the idea that maybe Heather is killing people that she is seeing as monsters. And some of the 'monsters' she sees are in fact human cultists.

However, I don't think it's likely that the rest of the monsters in the games are humans, though. I can't imagine that the characters could actually go on such a protracted killing spree without getting taken down by law enforcement.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
>Did anyone else realize that she was the only individual who was in that mall?
I recommend you turn up the sound on your television...

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Jul 2006
Notes left: 24
>>Did anyone else realize that she was the only individual who was in that mall?

She wasnt.

As for characters going insane, i dont see much evidence of it in the games, except maybe SH2, but i like to think being delusional and being completely insane are 2 different things...

Post subject:

As I said, Heather's existence completely destroys this theory.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Jul 2006
Notes left: 24
^ Yup completely agree with you Aura

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Darkh4: "Lol, I love the mental image of Clauda as a DJ!

"They've come to witness the beginning....of the PARTYYYY!"

Okay, that was bad. Sorry."

:lol: No, that was great~made my day...
And yes, I concur-Heather was the only one in that mall.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

hMMMM.......MAKES SENSE........THAN IT MUST BE THE MAGIC OF SILENT HILL WORKING ITS WAY TO THE HELL OF THE MIND....;-)..

bUT IF YOU CAN RELATE IT TO reality, would my theory be right?.....
or maybe the paranormal of another demsion could exist... :roll: ..

:?: well i am cluless.....but i can see your pont of views..makes alot of sense