Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 23 Sep 2019

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Most likely ending. Possible spoilers.

Missing since: 13 Jun 2006
Notes left: 48
I was just wondering which of the four endings of SH4 was most likely occured. My guess right now is Elieens Death ending. Henry wasn't exactly the sharpest crayon in the box, and he never manages to save anyone. I don't understand how having a haunted apartment could lead to Henry being possessed.[/spoiler]

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Mar 2006
Notes left: 31
I'd go with the Mother ending personally. The Room was supposed to be a seperate series, so that one leaves it nice and open for a sequel. Also, I don't recall Henry being possessed. Death of Eileen= Henry being the next one to go.

Post subject:

Ya i think the mother ending is the real ending also. If they do have a squal for the game id like to play as walter and have to perform the 21 sacraments. Hey that actuals sounds fun being the oposite of the good guy insted of trying to leave or kill stuff from silent hill your making it that would be fun

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Jun 2006
[spoiler]Henry does get possessed if you get the 21 Sacrements ending. From what i got off that ending he gets a splitting headache, then he walks into the spinning machine with a wierd look on his face. Yeah it would be fun to play the bad guy for once.[/spoiler]

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Mar 2006
Notes left: 31
Kimmy wrote:
[spoiler]Henry does get possessed if you get the 21 Sacrements ending. From what i got off that ending he gets a splitting headache, then he walks into the spinning machine with a wierd look on his face. Yeah it would be fun to play the bad guy for once.[/spoiler]

Oh, duh. I forgot about that part. I wouldn't want to play as Walter. If anything, this game would've set him up to be the big antagonist of the Room 302 series.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 Apr 2006
Notes left: 135
As far as a sequal to this series goes i hope they dont green light that becuse i feel there isn't much material left here to hatch out a new story. the escap ending is probably true, or the eileens death. i dont think it matters tho.

And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Sep 2007
Notes left: 847
Last seen at: alchemilia
i think the escape because if not then they would have to continue on with silent hill like behaviors taking over the entire country at least. it seemed to me they were leading you to believe that silent hill was spreading like a virus.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11383
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
I don't see why people keep bringing up that theory. The Otherworld doesn't "spread like a virus." It's only manifested outside of Silent Hill because of Heather's and Walter's psychic powers.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Sep 2007
Notes left: 847
Last seen at: alchemilia
i beg to differ. if you really think about it, at tthe end it says things are occurring in neighboring towns as well

Post subject:

In the 21 Sacraments ending, yes, because Walter succeeded and God was born, and so it began destroying the world. That's not the same thing as Otherworld spreading like a virus.

Besides, it's not "neighboring towns", it's just other people in the South Ashfield Heights Apartment building.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Apr 2005
Notes left: 699
I think it'd either be the ending where both survive, or where Henry survives.
In Silent Hill, the 'villain' doesn't tend win, even when the protagonist loses.
For example, the Mary that James manifests doesn't 'win', even when James commits suicide, and Claudia and God don't 'win' even when Heather murders Douglas.
Similarly, I don't think the ending where Henry dies, the 21 Sacraments are completed, and Walter starts to...well...take over the world one building at a time is gonna be the right ending either.

The Bad Endings in Silent Hill usually involve both the protagonist and the antagonist failing/dying.

Bloody Mary wrote:
Oh, duh. I forgot about that part. I wouldn't want to play as Walter. If anything, this game would've set him up to be the big antagonist of the Room 302 series.

...It's not a series if there's only one. :roll:

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Jul 2007
Notes left: 253
Last seen at: Palm Harbor
I wish I could say that there was one ending that was true. but all of them have real. For every one can happen.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Sep 2007
Notes left: 41
Last seen at: lodi california
I like to think the worst ending was the one that happened...I always like the bad endings more. >:3

Post subject:

So you like to think the world ended?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Feb 2008
Notes left: 11
Last seen at: Nowhere
TwiZtiD wrote:
Ya i think the mother ending is the real ending also. If they do have a squal for the game id like to play as walter and have to perform the 21 sacraments.

PSP sequel? Lol :P

Mother ending is most realistic,
although i didnt want eileen or henry to die,
however silent hill doesnt really have happy endings does it?

Post subject:

Quote:

Um...the Good Ending in SH: 0rigins, the Good/Canon Ending in SH1, the Leave Ending in SH2, the Normal Ending in SH3....

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Nov 2007
Notes left: 57
AuraTwilight wrote:
Quote:

Um...the Good Ending in SH: 0rigins, the Good/Canon Ending in SH1, the Leave Ending in SH2, the Normal Ending in SH3....

[spoiler]Yet Chery still dies at the end of SH1, James is still a murderer/ Mary is still dead at the end of SH2, and Harry is still murdered in SH3...[/spoiler]

Even though there are variations of how the stories end, I wouldn't go so far as to say that the Good endings are all that "good." They're just less tragic than what they could've been.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Feb 2008
Last seen at: Argentina
I wish Henry would have said something along the lines of "Why don't we go on vacations? god knows we could use them...I know this pretty little town called Silent Hill...what do you say?" Eileen: "That's a fantastic idea"...if that had happened on the ending were they both get away...I would have lol'd hard.

Post subject:

Obscurity wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:
Quote:

[spoiler]Yet Chery still dies at the end of SH1, James is still a murderer/ Mary is still dead at the end of SH2, and Harry is still murdered in SH3...[/spoiler]

Even though there are variations of how the stories end, I wouldn't go so far as to say that the Good endings are all that "good." They're just less tragic than what they could've been.

That's really grabbing for straws. By that logic, there are no good endings in SH4 because 18 innocent people are still dead. Besides, [spoiler]Cheryl doesn't technically die, and a certain ending rectifies Mary's death.[/spoiler]

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Nov 2007
Notes left: 57
^ Ah, good point. Guess I'm taking things a bit out of context.