Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 21 Oct 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Post subject: Which game disturbed you the most?

I really wanna know, I'm still working on the endings for #1. So which game scared you the most, out of 1 2 3 and 4? What game left images in your mind that would never leave? Which one made you piss yourself? GIVE ME OPINIONS! :idea:

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 11 May 2006
Notes left: 108
Last seen at: England
Sh2 made me cry the first time i played it... [spoiler]...because the pain and guilt that James must be going through,and then he killed himself at the end to top it off.[/spoiler]
Sh3 also upset me when... [spoiler]...Heather finds her dad dead, again because i felt her pain having also lost a parent. :(
The merry go round horses scared me, they were revolting.[/spoiler]
But Sh2 disturbed me most.

Please remember to mark you're spoilers - Mike

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 May 2006
Notes left: 37
Last seen at: WA
Silent Hill was twisted in the story itself, but as for disturbing images and whatnot..I'd have to go with 4.

Of course, Pyramid Head has quite a raunchy appearance on his own. :D

--Sideshow Bob :roll:

Post subject:

Lucy wrote:
[spoiler]Sh2 made me cry the first time i played it because the pain and guilt that James must be going through,and then he killed himself at the end to top it off.
Sh3 also upset me when Heather finds her dad dead, again because i felt her pain having also lost a parent. :(
The merry go round horses scared me, they were revolting.
But Sh2 disturbed me most.[/spoiler]

WHOA DUDE, SPOILERS MARK PLEASE >_< I only played #1!!!!!

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 1085
Last seen at: Cambridgeshire
SH4:The Room. I keep telling myself I need to complete it. It's fucked up.

Post subject:

sh1 for me.

back in the day when it first came out there was practically nothing like it. and being so young it scared the crap out of me as it still does to this day. that game could never get old. 1 is what started the creepieness out of the series. ther could have been no better kick off. the original is the best.

in my opinion.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 May 2006
Notes left: 652
Last seen at: San Luis Obispo, CA
I've only played SH2 and SH3, and the only things that truly made me jump was

[spoiler]SH2: The infamous 3rd bathroom stall.
SH3: Haunted Mansion, when the corpse drops out of nowhere.[/spoiler]
There's nothing that really chilled me to the bones, other than the tense atmosphere of Brookhaven and the Church in SH3.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Aug 2003
Notes left: 4728
Last seen at: H-Town
Please remember to mark your spoilers when you post.

Thank you.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 May 2006
Notes left: 2647
Last seen at: Bristol
AnneMarie wrote:
SH4:The Room. I keep telling myself I need to complete it. It's fucked up.

Good luck with that, girl! The final boss is probably the hardest in the entire series.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Apr 2006
Notes left: 680
Last seen at: Dear Dirty Dublin
silent hill 2 disturbed me the most. but the scariest has to be the room. holy shit! I turned it off after seventeen mins.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 May 2006
Notes left: 2703
Last seen at: UK
SH2 scared me the most especially when[spoiler] PH was chasing you down the corridor when youre with maria and then he splats her guts everywhere[/spoiler]

and...[spoiler]when you're in the alternate hospital. i hate hospitals anyway, but that place made me hate them even more! creepy shit.then little brat Laura locks you in that room with the monsters i was just like "OH MY FUCKING GOD!!" :shock: [/spoiler]
anyway, the first time i played it i was hiding behind the sofa! :|

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Apr 2006
Notes left: 533
Last seen at: Nowhere
Silent Hill 1. There was nothing like it when it came out, and it scared the crap outta me...

[spoiler]... especially when Lisa died.[/spoiler]

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Mar 2006
Notes left: 73
Last seen at: Australia
The games didn't really scare me but the game that was the freakiest was definately the original. I was only around 12 when I first played it and was used to games like Donkey Kong, Need for Speed and Metal Gear Solid hehe.

I still find the original to be the creepiest, the dated graphics seem to add to the spooky atmosphere.

Post subject:

#1 scared me the most, because I was a n00b and 14 years old... I had no idea what I was in for, and I've never recovered.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Apr 2006
Notes left: 330
Last seen at: Monkey Island
There was one bit in SH1 that freaked me. I was in the sewers and suddenly I hear soemthing from behind me and the music starts building up.

So I'm like "Shit! I think there's something behind me!" but I'm too scared to find out so I just leg it down that final corridor and up that ladder.

SH2, I know there were some bits that freaked me out and I know I screamed once. But I've only played the game through one time, so I need to play it again.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 May 2006
Notes left: 18
Last seen at: England
I think there are parts in all games that chill the bone. i wasn't very old when i first played Silent Hill 1 and it scared me so much, me and my friends were huddled on the sofa, but 3 is definatly my favourite game to play when i want to be scared, i dont know what it is about it, it just has the scariest atmosphere and you never know what will happen next. Silent Hill 2 also scared me but it just wasn't the same as 3 ( i played 3 before 2), and 4 was just one of those games that i wanted to complete and put back on the shelf, maybe i should do that one again actually while we are having so much rain here.. hum thats an idea, anyway sorry bye :D

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Aug 2004
Notes left: 160
Last seen at: Desertical area
well... the games disturbed me in different ways, visually, story, general so, in order:

1. sh1: the genesis, the game disturbed me because it's gameplay, the music, sound and the context of "real" survival horror in a game
2: sh2: the music, my god...was incredible, first time a videogame makes me feel so fucking sad and terrified, guilty feelings and combine it with a cinematic story and nostalgic pictorials like the lake, hotel, old jails = kick ass game
[spoiler]3. sh4: the story, was really, really FUCKED UP, pretty hardcore and gory. paranoia, murders, physical suffering, torture, childrens killed and begging you to help them after death. AMAZING[/spoiler]
4. sh3: the visuals, the stages, Valtiel, the scenarios with meat-walls are really gross, and makes me feel unconfortably. one word: the storeroom in alter-reality. BEST.ROOM.EVER

English is not my first language so stop bothering me, i will try my best.

Post subject:

I'm playing through Silent Hill 1 & 3 at the moment, I've completed 2 and have almost completed Silent Hill 4. I think Silent Hill 4 is pretty freaky. But i suppose that they all freak me out a little bit :p.

Silent Hill 2 probably the most.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Aug 2004
Notes left: 1123
Last seen at: Overlook Hotel
SH1

It freaked me out big time! 8) That game has a special place in my heart.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 May 2006
Notes left: 64
Last seen at: Cadillac, MI
SH 1 , all the alternate worlds reminded me of a nightmare that wouldn't end. Even after wiping out the Alchemilla Hospital the place still reminded me of a nightmare.
I haven't played a game since that made me feel that way. All the games are brilliant imo but none left a bigger impact on me than the 1st. I'll say that SH 2 has a better story but after living through the 1st game it was hard to be scared by anything else.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next