Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 14 Nov 2018

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject: What ever happened to Silent Hill's residents?

Missing since: 16 Apr 2006
Notes left: 639
I've always wondered what happened to all the people in Silent Hill through the whoel series? Does anyone truely know because I don't remember the games ever hinting what really happenend to them....I've also heard many theories...i'de like to explain some...

one is.....they really are still their...in Silent hill 1, you dont go to Silent Hill, you go to Alessa's world....(then why in Silent Hill 2 do you go their and its still desolete?)

2.....their are people their...but they are seen as monsters....

3....Alessa's Seal of Metretron whipped everyone away.....

4....They all dissapeared (from the cult or something???)

5...They all abondened the town like the previous residents (history repeats itself.....)

If no one knows the answer i'de love to here thoughts, theories, and additional questions to this post.....thanks :roll:

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Aug 2005
Notes left: 521
u also missed another reason. all the people who live there are not in the foggy version of silent hill. as in there 3 plains to the game. one is hidden and we never go there

real world (where everyone is)

foggy where the main charcter is

hellish world. this takes over the town

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

im also talking about 1 and 2..and possibly 3 and 4.....

You do mean...nightmare world takes over foggy silent hill right?

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
The alternate realities of Silent Hill aren't permanent, and the real Silent Hill exists beyond both of them, oblivious to the Otherside.

Which is to say, the people of Silent Hill are still in Silent Hill, mostly unaware that anything's going on.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

alone in the dark explained it better than i did lol
sadler. i was talking about the games.

people are still in the town. just in the normal world

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

(SPOILERS)
hmm....okay.......but how did Harry end up in Alessa's Silent Hill? (one person said she "brought him" their...but I disagree because why would she want him their, if he was going to try to stop Cheryl from meeting up and re-emerging with Alessa?)
and how were Eddie, Angela, and James able to enter this so called "foggy" silent hill....Angela was able to see Eddie and James, why would she be dragged into that weird realm......with them.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

[spoiler]because they all where pulled into the foggy world. how else would they get into the foggy world.

alessa pulled harry into the foggy world

the town itself pulled eddie. james angela into the foggy world because of there guilty consciences etc

angela killed her farther. felt guilty or something and was attracted to silent hill somehow and then got pulled in

they were all pulled into the foggy world[/spoiler]

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Oh...I forgot to add....how the hell did Laura get in? Shes not guilty..shes innocent...and once again...why would Alessa want Harry to come in when she knows he'll try to slow down Cheryl and stop Alessa from Sealing herself into the Abyss?

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

because there was part of alessa that was still good and wanted to stop the birth of sameal to happen. she used harry to help he along the way. u know the symbles u see all along the floor in the town etc in the first game

they were put there by alessa to help stop the thing from happenning. but it was to little to late

we don't know why laura was there. she was probably in th normal wold but she could see james and james could see her.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

ok....your answer just got crushed because...according to your theory...the people in Silent Hill cant see the peple in the other world Silent hill and the people in the other Silent Hill.....well you get the idea.....it wouldnt make sense...if Laura entered "normal silent hill" then she wouldnt be able to see Eddie and James....so...maybe their is no one in Silent Hill after all....and the god that Alessa was birthing wasnt Samael...(Dahlia used the name Samael for the Mark of Samael) which Dahlia later reveals...was the Talismen of Metatron, Dahlia lied to Harry so he would be more motivated to stop Alessa...and like I was saying before....Alessa was trying to Seal her self away with the Talismens of Metatrone, so she would kill herself and the god within her...
now this finally leads up too.....why would Alessa bring Harry....if SHE knows he'll only ruin Alessa's plans to end her misrebal life? Perhaps she did bring Harry in because deep down inside she cared for him....but Alessa didnt live with Harry....SO....i'de say this throws your answer out the window.....

So that leaves us right back where we started.......
If theirs something else you'd like to say or point out..go ahead...I'm near by..

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

alessa most probably brought harry into it for 2 reasons

he lived with cheryl for the many years before.

or

alessa brought harry in to help stop what was gonna happen. alessa didn't realy agree with what was happening to her etc.

answer this then if my theory was just crushed

why was harry going to silent hill on a vacation if it was a deserted town?

its because there numorious plains to silent hill

real world

foggy world

otherworld

laura was probably dragged into it to help james along. she could of been an illusion created by the town. she could of been there but saw the town different from everyone else. remmeber in the second game the world was different for each off the characters. but am sure they can cross at times. like james and angela parts.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

ravern wrote:
alessa most probably brought harry into it for 2 reasons

he lived with cheryl for the many years before.

or

alessa brought harry in to help stop what was gonna happen. alessa didn't realy agree with what was happening to her etc.

answer this then if my theory was just crushed

why was harry going to silent hill on a vacation if it was a deserted town?

its because there numorious plains to silent hill

real world

foggy world

otherworld

laura was probably dragged into it to help james along. she could of been an illusion created by the town. she could of been there but saw the town different from everyone else. remmeber in the second game the world was different for each off the characters. but am sure they can cross at times. like james and angela parts.

How do you know if Alessa didnt agree with what was going on? It was clear she was trying to Seal the town, you must listen to Dahlias words..."We are in half debted to this ...man for his help...few moments later it wouldbe been to late...then it all wouldve been for naught....." Meaning, if Harry wouldn't used the Flauros on Alessa, she wouldve placed the seal of the last place that hasnt been marked (the amusment park) and no one knows EXACLY for sure what wouldve happened but we know for sure it wouldve stopped Dahlia's plans and the god wouldve been born...I think and many others to...she was trying to Seal herself to the Abyss....Dahlia later minipulates Harry into going after Alessa....and Cheryl wasnt technically Alessa...she was an incarnation of half of her soul....(man this is getting complex)

Maybe Harry didn't know it was deserted? Maybe it recently happenend.....you remember how the roads were completly taken out? And how Cybil says the town completly lost contact with Brahms? Her hometown......it was night when Harry was driving....the ran over Alessa Astral/Spirit form (what ever) on the road, the jeep went right through her...then Harry crashed just like Cybil did.....it's possible that Alessa's power whipped everyone out..and Alessa desroyed every obviouse route around town so no one else could come in and interfear....Harry possibly was sucked into Silent Hill because Harry was really close to Cheryl...in the Jeep..

Well..Like i said before...the Laura thing doesnt make sense...because If Laura was in this so called "populated" silent hill...then everyone else could see James, Eddie, and Angela..and they would be able to see the towns folk...in the game it never even hinted it was a manifestation..and it said she was friends with Mary...their was even letter of Mary writting to Laura how she wanted to adopt Laura.....Laura is real..she does see the town normal but she never hints that any one is in Silent Hill..why would Laura be "dragged" in to help James? She was their for her own purpose...to find her friend Mary...she could care less for James...plus Eddier and James could see her...so their more evidence shes real..

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

i know alessa tried to stop what was happening from happening because i read the lost memories book. which explains about the seal and why they apear throughout the town

well dude i aint trying to force u to believe something you aint willing to believe. just because u don't understand somethign doens't mean it can't be true.

but am telling that from all the information source i have seen, read, worked out for myself. then yeh there are 3 planes. real. foggy and otherworld. just like the film. although u never see it in the games. ok. just because u don't see somethign doens't mean its not there

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

ravern wrote:
i know alessa tried to stop what was happening from happening because i read the lost memories book. which explains about the seal and why they apear throughout the town

well dude i aint trying to force u to believe something you aint willing to believe. just because u don't understand somethign doens't mean it can't be true.

but am telling that from all the information source i have seen, read, worked out for myself. then yeh there are 3 planes. real. foggy and otherworld. just like the film. although u never see it in the games. ok. just because u don't see somethign doens't mean its not there
What do you mean?........your starting to confuse me now....i've also been at lost memories...I don't think you looked good enough at lost memories..if you really researched well, you notice that the god isn't dubbed Samael...its Incubus, the god is also a manifestation of the image of god, atleast thats what it said for the Incubus, i'm not so sure about the women in white..if she was a manifestation or not...
ANYWAYS...im rambeling...im not understading fully what your trying to tell me...

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
The Woman in White is God. Plain & simple.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

i always get samael and incubus mixed up

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Oh..i see....

your not the only one.....by the way.....I wish other people would come in and type their thoughts on this besides us two....its kind of lonely in here.... :cry:

I know im not allowed to double post.....no need to send a guy in here saying DONT DOUBLE POST.....but its been a long time since a last response........come on...some one...

Do not double-post. Use the EDIT button. It doesn't matter if "its been a long time." -St. Thomas

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Mar 2006
Notes left: 573
Last seen at: Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia
Silent Hill has ordinary buildings and ordinary people.The SH that you see in the games is like another dimension.

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/2 ... ef=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
ravern wrote:
i always get samael and incubus mixed up

Far too many people do.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Son_of_Kauffman wrote:
Silent Hill has ordinary buildings and ordinary people.The SH that you see in the games is like another dimension.

Ok, It is most likely possible in 1,3,and 4 but in two, he's not really in another dimension because he can see Laura, who has no reason to be effected by Silent Hill's power to beckon to dark hearts, so if Jame's could see Laura, but not any of the Silemt Hill pedestrians....what does that mean? It could be possible that Alessa's power whipped everyone out or something happened to them...which is unknown.....It could be possible that these people enter a different dimenion, which is most likely true, but in two, they people seem to be going in a world more of their subconcious rather than another dimension....