Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 11 Dec 2018

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: mark of sameal

Missing since: 15 Apr 2006
Notes left: 66
what is the Mark of sameal? Is it in sh1?

[/spoiler]

Just in case you don't know, You can get a brand new copy of GH: silent hill from

http://www.konamistyle.com/b2c_kden/b2c/init.do

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
The Mark of Samael is the false name for the Virun VII Crest--also known as the Seal/Talisman of Metatron.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Apr 2006
Notes left: 41
Last seen at: Ain't no Silent Hill....
The mark of Samael is very noticable at the school in Silent Hill 1....[spoiler]and apparently, when it's completed, all will be consumed by darkness.[/spoiler]

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

are you talking about the thing that took the place of the fountain?

[/spoiler]

Just in case you don't know, You can get a brand new copy of GH: silent hill from

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 1085
Last seen at: Cambridgeshire
Silent Hill 1

[spoiler]It was almost finished at the top of the lighthouse - remember?[/spoiler]

That's the mark of Samael, right?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

haven't beat it but in the school in normal world there was a fountain. In the alternate school there was some red circle with a jewish type star and other little symbols. I just keep hearing about it and want to know what it means or what it does.

[/spoiler]

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Aug 2003
Notes left: 139
Last seen at: Sweden - Home of Belsebub
St. Thomas wrote:
The Mark of Samael is the false name for the Virun VII Crest--also known as the Seal/Talisman of Metatron.

Do they mention Virun VII Crest in the game or is that just your own research. It was to long ago I played the game to remember.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

>haven't beat it but in the school in normal world there was a fountain
No there isn't. It's an empty courtyard with some shrubbery & a clock-tower.

>That's the mark of Samael, right?
The inproper name for it, yes. It's real name is the Virun VII Crest.

>Do they mention Virun VII Crest in the game or is that just your own research.
From The Order's Chapel, seen in Silent Hill 3:

Otherworld Laws

This magic square, with strong protective and dispelling properties, is called the 'Virun VII Crest' or the 'Seal of Metatron'.

It will bring results regardless of whether the target is good or evil; its strength, therefore, places a very high burden on the caster.

As it is also difficult to control, it is not usually used. This is why it bears the name 'Metatron' after the angel Metatron (or Metratron) also known as the Agent of God.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Apr 2006
Notes left: 43
[spoiler]

The Seal of Metatron in SH 3 is what Lenord had. It was supposed to be able to counter Samael's powers but ends up doing nothing. The mark of Samael is the mark on the floors you see all over the place in SH 1. You can see it on the floor in SH 2 during the battle with the 2 PH's. The mark was spread all over the town by Allessa to have greater influence over the town since she bassically was Samael. [/spoiler]

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Mar 2006
Notes left: 573
Last seen at: Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia
DAms wrote:
[spoiler]

The Seal of Metatron in SH 3 is what Lenord had. It was supposed to be able to counter Samael's powers but ends up doing nothing. The mark of Samael is the mark on the floors you see all over the place in SH 1. You can see it on the floor in SH 2 during the battle with the 2 PH's. The mark was spread all over the town by Allessa to have greater influence over the town since she bassically was Samael. [/spoiler]

Samael doesn´t exist in SH.It was Dhalia´s lie to convince Harry.

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/2 ... ef=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

That's a lot of misinformation. The only correct sentence is the first.

Samael does not exist an entity--it is only a name erroneously equated with the Virun VII Crest, done so by Dahlia Gillespie to euchre Harry into believing what he was doing was for good.

For more information, consult this thread--I specifically discuss Alessa's purpose in using the Virun VII Crest.

You're correct in saying that the Virun VII Crest is seen on the floor in Silent Hill 2, also, but, assuredly, Alessa is not "bassically [sic] Samael." Alessa is not evil & Samael doesn't exist .

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

okay only played sh1 and the very begining of sh2

And i will find a picture of the fountain that i think exsists in the schools courtyard. If it is not there i will be quite but i swear there is something there besides just shrubbery and a clock tower.

[/spoiler]

RESPECT
 Post subject:

There's not. I just played through the game twice, back-to-back, on Thursday, and there isn't a fountain in the middle of the courtyard--it's a straight run across from door to door.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

I don't understand this aspect.. Isn't the seal of metatron a "good" thing used to dispel parts of the evil? Then why is it plastered in blood in the evil areas.

If i'm talking crap then i'm not sure where i picked it up.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

It is neither good nor evil:

Otherworld Laws
This magic square, with strong protective and dispelling properties, is called the 'Virun VII Crest' or the 'Seal of Metatron'.

It will bring results regardless of whether the target is good or evil; its strength, therefore, places a very high burden on the caster.

As it is also difficult to control, it is not usually used. This is why it bears the name 'Metatron' after the angel Metatron (or Metratron) also known as the Agent of God.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

In that case i'm not entirely sure as to what it DOES. Protective and dispelling properties? Doesn't seem to be doing either of those in the "alternate" areas.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Alessa is using it--it does whatever she wants.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

St. Thomas wrote:
There's not. I just played through the game twice, back-to-back, on Thursday, and there isn't a fountain in the middle of the courtyard--it's a straight run across from door to door.

it must of been in sh2 or something i've played recently because i really don't feel like starting over just to get to the courtyard cause i walked back there and all the doors were locked so i couldn't go anywhere.

[/spoiler]

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
The only fountain in SH2, that I can think of, is in front of the hotel, but the Seal isn't there, either.