Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 24 Feb 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Silent Hill makes you Gothic?
Yes, I love the darkness inside of my soul 14%  14%  [ 23 ]
No, Just too DAMN GOOD GAME!!! 79%  79%  [ 125 ]
I dont Know, I just love killing Undead stuffs 7%  7%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 159

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Silent Hill makes me/you Gothic?

Missing since: 30 Mar 2006
Notes left: 10
an easy question.... my love to silent hill means that I am a Gothic? , because I like the darkness, Fear and psicho pain that it makes me feel.

This poll is for everybody. do you think that Silent Hill (and loving it that much) makes you gothic? and why.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Nov 2004
Notes left: 117
Last seen at: in the bowels of the underworld
i don't think it does...i think if you somehow adopted the entire frame of mind that the game implies into your everyday life, changed your name to that of any sinister character in the series, and, in essence, "became" the character itself, that that wouldn't even make you gothic...you'd just really be f'ed in the mental department...

...is it even possible for a game to "make" you gothic?? b/c i don't really think so...

Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7464
Last seen at: Kentucky
Certainly doesn't make me gothic...

I just like the games...why would that make me goth?

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Feb 2005
Notes left: 2246
No it wouldn't because most of us were born in the 20th century.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Im asking that because most of my friends that love Silent Hill are 300% pure gothics and they talk about the "darkness inside of me while I play SH"... im Just asking arround.

Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7464
Last seen at: Kentucky
With all due respect I think that's retarded. Actually, I think "goth" is retarded.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

in fact, I dont like Goths.. i just want to know if someone here feels gothic for playing silent hill.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Dec 2005
Notes left: 1123
Last seen at: Wherever Mother Claudia sends me.
It doesn't make you goth. That's like saying buying a Barbie doll for your daughter makes you gay.

Post subject:

I think, that YES or then I just wanna save this topic, lol. But in here, Finland, I know that most SH fans or just players are or most of them some kind of "Goths".

Hmm, I would propably say that most Goth's plays Silent Hill games, just I don't know what is it, why "they" play these games, but it's true. Is it that darkness or those monsters or what, but I think that what I have played these games, I'm now 29,5% more gothic than before.

>With all due respect I think that's retarded. Actually, I think "goth" is retarded.

I'm RETARDED!

Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2005
Notes left: 3898
Definitely SH doesn't make you gothic. The game attracts many kind of players.

Post subject:

Uh, no it doesn't.

People like certain things because they like certain things.

I like Silent Hill because it's horror; I'm a horror fanatic, and that's the reason why I played the games in the first place, because someone told me it'd scare the pants off me and I gave it a shot.

I've known alot of people who have said "OH COOL BLOOD! I'm so gothic, so I'd like this!" Whatever, man, but some people usually grow out of that phase and are left with.. pretty much nothing, unless they got into the series and realized it's scope of unlimited depth.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Aug 2003
Notes left: 99
Last seen at: Back From A World Where Location Is Meaningless
No, but I could see why gothic people would like the Silent Hill series.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Jan 2004
Notes left: 445
Last seen at: Ontario, Canada
Pink_isnt_well000 wrote:
With all due respect I think that's retarded. Actually, I think "goth" is retarded.

*I get down on one knee and pull out a ring

Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
.. Do you know what Gothic is?

If anyone feels the need to STILL categorize themselves after junior high school, there's something off about that, IMO, and I feel sorry for you. You are a person, not a stereotype/label, and as a person you can like whatever the hell you want.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Dec 2005
Notes left: 85
Nonsense. I was gothic long before I heard of the game. I know it cant make you gothic.

Post subject: Re: Silent Hill makes me/you Gothic?

Truegosu wrote:
an easy question.... my love to silent hill means that I am a Gothic? , because I like the darkness, Fear and psicho pain that it makes me feel.

This poll is for everybody. do you think that Silent Hill (and loving it that much) makes you gothic? and why.

it doesnt at all, its not just people that are "gothic" that experience the human emotions and silent hill brings forth some of the darker emotions which everyone in some way have. I love silent hill have gone out my way to find information on theories etc. and bought all games on release date, and then I listen to Italian eurodance. In my opinion it doesnt make you a goth at all

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

I am telling about my experience with Gothics players. im not gothic.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Mar 2006
Notes left: 137
Last seen at: Rosewater Park
I agree with Krist. I hate labels too. My brother loves to wear black and spiked bracelets, and I just love wearing black, and while I do find SH has opened my eyes more so to the dark, deeper realms of understanding, I don't feel it furthered my way of dress.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Sep 2003
Notes left: 867
Last seen at: here
i never even really knew it was a stereotype (of course i was in high school in the late 80s so it wasn't QUITE as prevelent as it is now) but i did hang out with the punks AND the geeks and was never labelled as either. i was "the guy who was gonna make horror films or kill people" which i think is a much better moniker than goth or punk or jock or geek.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Jan 2006
Notes left: 13
i don't know about gothic, but ever since i feel in love with the series i been craving for sounds of chains, creaks, loud echos of some metallic movement, and red rust hiding in the dark.... if that makes me goth then hell i'm goth. :twisted: goth or not i still plan on making a video of some silent hill themes i mentioned above :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next