..::THEORY What I think Silent Hill the town is SPOILERS::..

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

..::THEORY What I think Silent Hill the town is SPOILERS::..

Post by Anonymous »

I think that Silent Hill is a town that has some demon (Samuel) in it and makes it his own...A place where people come to be punished...Depeneds on what you want to be punished for is how the town will react...And when your in the town you can still do things so your punishment can get greater...

Spoiler____________________________________________________________________________

James killed Mary his wife, another human, and laterin the game (Probably the most sick and weird looking) when he kills Eddie, the town gets worse...(Two PHs...thanks FrozenHalo for pointing that out to me...) His punishment for killing two people was (if you get the in water ending...what I think is the true ending) death.

Eddie killed a dog and shot a person in the leg...So when he came to the town his punishment wasn't as bad as the others....He just saw people making fun of him. But while the town was punishing him...Eddie killed more Silent Hill people...Making his punishment greater. Untill he tryed to kill a real person...James...And then his punishment changed for the last time....Death

Angela killed her dad and I've always had the thought that she most likely killed her mother too. So her punishment was in the end....Death.

Well please tell me if I missed anything...or if this is just a bad theory...

-Sparta
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

>I think that Silent Hill is a town that has some demon (Samuel) in it and makes it his own...A place where people come to be punished.

But with this theory, it doesn't fit in SH1/SH3 at all. I know this is SH2 topic, but did you noticed that before your post, I mean, this theory mean ONLY SH2 Silent Hill, right?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

THAT WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST THEORIES I HAVE EVER HERED GOOD JOB DUDE.
pink_isnt_well000
Historical Society Historian

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

ohhhh myyyy bloody pyramid head 111 use the EDIT button!!! Don't triple post :!:
The 8th Aspect
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by The 8th Aspect »

Frank the superintendent. With your caps lock it makes it look like you're SHOUTING...how bout fixin' that... :P
[i]I am[/i] one of Christian's most [i]awesome[/i] Peeps.

[url=http://silenthillforum.com/faq.php#1]SHHF FAQs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=122]Sig/Avatar Restrictions[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=70]Request Avatars and Sigs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=249]SHHF Guidelines[/url]
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

Of course the people in SH2 are being punished.
Thats like, the whole plot. Thats not a theory.

And Samael dosnt exist. Like at all. There's nothing in SH called Samael.
Can I be arsed to explain what I'm talking about? Probably not. I'm lazy.
Check around the forums, you're bound to find me, Adversary, and multiple other people correcting this mistake.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

In sh1 Samael is a demon that comes into the town right??....(Sorry I haven't played that game since I was 10).

-Sparta
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

No, Samael is the name attributed by Dahlia to the Virun VII Crest (also known as the Seal/Talisman of Metatron). Samael, as an entity, a being, a god, a demon, does not exist.

I'm re-writing my explanation as to why, so it'll be available to read again soon.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah, you hit it right on the money. I've read similar theories and analysis before. You should visit the faqs on Plot Analysis for all the silent hill games at www.gamefaqs.com. They're really interesting, and if nothing they'll make you think.
The 8th Aspect
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by The 8th Aspect »

^Or you can hang out here and read all that.
[i]I am[/i] one of Christian's most [i]awesome[/i] Peeps.

[url=http://silenthillforum.com/faq.php#1]SHHF FAQs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=122]Sig/Avatar Restrictions[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=70]Request Avatars and Sigs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=249]SHHF Guidelines[/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i think Night Wind got a point there..this fits for SH2 quite well, but for Sh1 at least i dont think so...

Harry isnt guilty of nothing i guess...he took cheryl and raised her with love and care....he didnt came to town to be punished for any sin :)
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

Gamefaqs is great for walkthroughs, but their forums are misleading to say the least.

I'm not sure why you've included Samael in this, since he was only mentioned in SH1. As far as first theories go, it could have been far worse (:
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

Harry isnt guilty of nothing i guess...he took cheryl and raised her with love and care....he didnt came to town to be punished for any sin
He was there because Cheryl was drawn their by Alessa's pain, due to one of Dahlias 'spells'. Duh.

Like I said before, this isnt even a theory, its just the plot of SH2 (minus the Samael part you put in).
Guilty people are drawn into the town for punishment. End of discussion.

Take note that the people saying "Great theory! Yeah you've hit the nail on the head! That makes sense!" All have under 30 posts or so, thus are not likely to be the most enlightened people when it comes to Silent Hill.
No offence to those guys, of course.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

drakan90 wrote:Of course the people in SH2 are being punished.
Thats like, the whole plot. Thats not a theory.
What's Laura being punished for?

Punishment isn't the reason they are there. It's an just an end-result in some cases.
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

Punishment isn't the reason they are there
A guilty consiouce or troubled mind are, however. They've done wrong, and need to face it, thus they end up in Silent Hill.

Laura, as discussed in many topics, is the exception.
She's just there looking for Mary.
alone in the town

drakan90 wrote:
Punishment isn't the reason they are there
A guilty consiouce or troubled mind are, however. They've done wrong, and need to face it, thus they end up in Silent Hill.

Laura, as discussed in many topics, is the exception.
She's just there looking for Mary.
You're half-right.

Guilt isn't it, really. Angela is the only character that really feels guilt for what she did. James doesn't. He doesn't even remember doing it. Eddie feels no guilt at all. On the contrary, he seems to be rather enjoying himself, wouldn't you say? And of course, Laura hasn't done anything to even warrant a guilty conscience.

I do think that a troubled mind is a much more accurate, because it DOES apply to every character. James has a troubled mind because of that letter, and his overwhelming desire to see Mary again. Angela, obviously. Eddie feels troubled because he's been taking shit all his life and finally lashed back at his tormentors (albeit in a very bad way), and is now possibly on the run from the law. By attempting to solve his problems he has only created more and worse problems for himself. And Laura too is troubled. Mary is the best friend, maybe the ONLY friend, this kid has ever had in her short life, and then she suddenly ups and leaves without properly saying goodbye. It's obvious that she really misses her, and it's just the sort of thing that would send a little kid into a depression.

These people are all here for different reasons (except James and Laura, who are there for the exact same reason). They aren't here to get punished... who would be punishing them? Who or what would have the motive? They're not punishing themselves, obviously, as evidenced by Eddie and Laura. They are here because Silent Hill has a strong spiritual presence, and this presence, while not sentient, does have a rather magnetic attraction to people who are in a certain state of mind, or who have the ability to feel it intrinsically (like Mary).
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

drakan90 wrote:
Harry isnt guilty of nothing i guess...he took cheryl and raised her with love and care....he didnt came to town to be punished for any sin
He was there because Cheryl was drawn their by Alessa's pain, due to one of Dahlias 'spells'. Duh.

Like I said before, this isnt even a theory, its just the plot of SH2 (minus the Samael part you put in).
Guilty people are drawn into the town for punishment. End of discussion.

Take note that the people saying "Great theory! Yeah you've hit the nail on the head! That makes sense!" All have under 30 posts or so, thus are not likely to be the most enlightened people when it comes to Silent Hill.
No offence to those guys, of course.

yes, from what i remember from playing Silent Hill 1 Cheryl, in reaction to Alessa calling wanted to go do SH...and of course asked her father to take her...the Dalia spel was that one she speaks in the "vision" harry has of her and the doctors around alessa bed, i guess?
So we can agree..this the plot for SH2 :)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ups..last phrase not very well written i guess. i mean "so we agree. the "guilty" subject is the plot for SH2...
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

James doesn't. He doesn't even remember doing it.
Actually the whole point is that James' subconsiouce mind is punishing him. Thats what the entire Pyramid Head thing is about.

I know I keep saying it in different ways, but:
Guilty Consiounce
Troubled Mind
Sin
Bad Deed
However you want to phrase it. You know what I mean, right?
They aren't here to get punished... who would be punishing them?
Not only is James punished by the Pyramid Head, but everyones 'monsters' are embodiments of their subconsiouce fears, troubles, and desires, which they're supposed to overcome.
For Angela its fear/trouble: Her father raping her, shown by the Abstract Daddy and the room its first encountered in, aswell as the fire she sees everywhere.

For Eddie, its people he sees laughing at him. As we can see from the corpses, they arent even -or at least from James point of view- human.

They're supposed to face their demons.
For Angela, she ends up forever walking up a burning staircase. Thats her 'punishment' or 'atonement'.

Eddie, who rather than facing up to his sin/bad-deed/problems ends up making them worse, by killing even more 'people' who he believes are mocking him.
In the end, he is killed by James. Thus Eddie recieves what he deserves; death

On another subject, it is clear that some of the 'power' in Silent Hill is sentient. Valtiel, and Lobsel Vith being examples of this.
Thats unrelated though (to an extent)
alone in the town

drakan90 wrote:
James doesn't. He doesn't even remember doing it.
Actually the whole point is that James' subconsiouce mind is punishing him. Thats what the entire Pyramid Head thing is about.

I know I keep saying it in different ways, but:
Guilty Consiounce
Troubled Mind
Sin
Bad Deed
However you want to phrase it. You know what I mean, right?
I disagree with this, too. I don't think Pyramid Head is simply some kind of supernatural enforcer, and the reason for this is Maria. He kills Maria several times. What is Maria?

She is an illusion.

She embodies the fantasy that James is living. And Pyramid Head exists to dispel James of that fantasy. All of Pyramid Head's most important scenes involve Maria, including the last one. It is during this last scene that James finally realizes what Maria is. Therefore, he no longer needs Pyramid Head to remind him. And thus, they die. It is James's subconscious at work, but it's not an act of punishment. It's an act of saving himself from his delusion. The entire scenario is James's mind struggling with itself, played out on a grand field. You have his delusion struggling for control of his mind with the truth of what happened. As the game goes on, not only do we see the physical evidence of this in the Maria slaughtering, but other influences serve to crack the foundation of his lies. Laura is the major source. Once James realizes the truth, the delusion, in the form of Maria, makes one last attempt for control. But, now we see the real face of the illusion, and it is not powerful enough to overcome.
Not only is James punished by the Pyramid Head, but everyones 'monsters' are embodiments of their subconsiouce fears, troubles, and desires, which they're supposed to overcome.
For Angela its fear/trouble: Her father raping her, shown by the Abstract Daddy and the room its first encountered in, aswell as the fire she sees everywhere.
True.
For Eddie, its people he sees laughing at him. As we can see from the corpses, they arent even -or at least from James point of view- human.
This isn't torment for Eddie. This is a goldmine. This is the chance he's been waiting for all his life: to strike out at those he think oppresses him, to kill and maim them with impunity, to prove once and for all he is better than they are. He feels no guilt whatsoever. He's rather proud of himself. He's bragging about it. And before that point, he feels no guilt either. He denies involvement or he blames the victim. Finally at the end, he no longer distinguishes James from the faces of the people he hates. And he feels no compunction whatsoever about turning the gun on him.
On another subject, it is clear that some of the 'power' in Silent Hill is sentient. Valtiel, and Lobsel Vith being examples of this.
Thats unrelated though (to an extent)
There is no evidence at all that any sort of conscious being or sentience called anyone to town for any reason whatsoever. And what reason would any sentience have for calling out a few random people and punishing them for their wrongs? Why aren't there CROWDS of people there getting their just desserts, since the apparent pretext for being guilty can be as flimsy as the person just THINKING they are guilty? If it can call a guy that lives half-a-day away, why aren't there dozens of people walking around combating their inner demons? You'd think this imaginary judge/jury/executioner that is 'calling' people would have more fresh meat than it would know what to do with.

The far more likely scenario is that he strong supernatural beings are just as likely to be products of the human mind as any other creature in the series, made stronger because they are based on something that many people believe in. But Silent Hill, at the end of the day, is just the Place of The Silent Spirits. It is a template through which people can create all sorts of mind games and dark creatures of the night inside of these alternate realities. God and all the rest are products of Silent Hill, not the cause behind Silent Hill. That is why they can all die. God dies each time it is brought forth. God also looks dramatically different every time it is brought forth. And, there is also no evidence that God is actually exterting any direct influence over any members of the Order. It can't even control the body in which it lies. And, all-powerful God can't do anything without members of The Order going through a whole lot of time-consuming shit. God is a fallacy. It is their own creation.

This theory fails because it cannot explain Laura. She's there, she can see the others, and she is clearly as out of the real world as James is, yet she is in no danger. It's an obvious thing to say that she is in no danger because she has no guilt. But how does that explain how she managed to enter the alternate reality in the first place? It doesn't. It can't. Because it's not true.