Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 06 Jun 2020

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator
 Post subject: Re: If another company got the rights...

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4350
Last seen at: Your Special Place
I honestly couldn't care who had it as long as they were still making the games. It will never happen, ofc, but after RE7, I'd love to see Capcom give it a go.

That said, I reckon we'll see a Silent Hill-esque horror from Kojima before long, though – it just won't be called SH, of course. :)

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2019 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

Cafe5to2 Waitress

Missing since: 01 Nov 2007
Notes left: 211
Last seen at: London
I agree, I don't think Konami would let the rights to this franchise go. I remember similar things happening with Shenmue and Megaman, and both relatively recently got new games. I never really like any of the titles outside of SH1-4 but looking back, downpour wasn't bad and it would be good to have something new, if only for the build up.

It would be pretty cool if team silent got back together and did a kickstarter, not sure how it would turn out though as they have been mixed, Shenmue 3 was awful, as was Mighty number 9, but Bloodstained was pretty good.

Subway Guard

Missing since: 02 Aug 2005
Notes left: 1531
Last seen at: Colombia
Or just accept the fate and continue appreciating the classic games... New games don't mean good games; although 0rigins, Shattered Memories and Downpour had good points they also were lacking something. Homecoming is still awful for me.

Silent Hill is like the Terminator franchise, most of us already accepted that Terminator died in the second movie and any new attempt to continue the story just fails terribly... Only japanese developers can make Silent Hill right and we must accept that (Although even the 4 original games had bad pints but the good stuff outshined them)

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 04 Mar 2007
Notes left: 3480
The thing is that the Silent Hill concept is soooo good for further stories and concepts.

So it's a shame to let it die.

Terminator was telling the same story over and over again.

Team Silent proved across 4 games that you could do very different things in the same universe. So it's not something that's run out of ideas as they're as vast for exploration as the human consciousness.

Konami is never going to let the IP go. You'd have to literally buy the whole company itself and that's not feasible.

That said, if you had to wish, I'd say that Sony or Capcom would be the best bets. Sony has plenty of avenues in the west and east to make something good. And while Capcom is a more gamey dev, I think they could respect the IP and do it justice.