Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 20 Oct 2019

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Silent Hill Escape announced - new slot machine

Missing since: 04 Mar 2007
Notes left: 3380

“Konami’s aim is empowering operators with exceptional entertainment to reach and engage today’s players and beyond. We are actively leveraging a combination of top technology, talent, design, and development to deliver a host of new products at this year’s event, through the immediate years to come.
This cabinet is a striking combination of sleek entertainment, premium packaging, and player comfort, backed by a rich library of original titles. Everything, including its shape, screens, betting surface, and available merchandising, has been engineered to maximize both player experience and operational results. This latest cabinet is a first glimpse at great things to come from Konami.”

https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-new ... announced/

https://youtu.be/plFIqE0e2O8

:cry:

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Re: Silent Hill Escape announced - new slot machine

Missing since: 22 Feb 2012
Notes left: 995
Neo Capcom sucks.
Neo Konami bucks.
Neo Deer Rest FOA shucks.

But hell. I still speak the truth. At least! :(

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4211
Last seen at: Your Special Place
Why do sites keep reporting on this kind of thing? Square is constantly porting its series' out to naff mobile games, Nintendo is stuffing their mobile games with MTX etc. I honestly couldn't give a shit that Konami's using the license to make shit gambling games – has zero impact on me.

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2019 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

Brookhaven Receptionist

It is probably just frustrating people who want another game. The last one was out in 2012. I like to play through the old games, but even I wish there was a new one in the works. But I am happy with Bethesda doing a good job with The Evil Within - about the closest thing to revisiting Silent Hill.

I think the town in the games is called Union. But everything about it reminds you of playing a person lost in the realm of Silent Hill. Even the Keeper is an homage to Pyramid Head. :)

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4211
Last seen at: Your Special Place
Deer Rest FOA wrote:
Even the Keeper is an homage to Pyramid Head. :)

Everything in every SH spin-off thing has an homage to PH in it.

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2019 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

Gravedigger

Missing since: 16 Aug 2014
Notes left: 509
To no one’s surprise. I find this bullshit out right on my birthday FFS. Never change, Konami. Never fucking change. #FuckKonami

Brookhaven Receptionist

I hope you had a good birthday, otherwise. :)

Gravedigger

Missing since: 16 Aug 2014
Notes left: 509
Thanks man. :)

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11384
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
You know, on top of everything else?

There was already a phone game called Silent Hill Escape. This is just gonna be annoying for the wiki.

Brookhaven Receptionist

It wouldn't be such a bad thing if they used the earnings to put the money towards making another game, and I've lost all hope for that to happen. But they never, ever better remake any of the previous titles... especially Silent Hill 2. I mean if they did that, can you imagine how many fans would be so pissed? There's no need to remake something that is essentially timeless. It's just a way to put a modern take on something that was done better years ago, and with how horror games are being churned out now, I bet it would be over the shoulder and a disgrace anyway. Even though they'd be more likely to remake the original game, they sort of already did do that.

That's the norm nowadays with games. Reboots and remakes, even though companies are shying away from the term "remake" and using shitty terms like, re-imagining, reboot, etc. Just call it a remake already! It's the same thing, in a sense. :shock:

I don't know how any true fan could even stand in front of one of these things in an arcade, knowing that Konami has ruined one of their best ever franchises, and games aren't just games to people like you and I, who have brains. They're art, and right now, it's being pissed on. Silent Hill was always my second favourite series, after Resident Evil. The only difference is, is that Capcom still milks their biggest franchise... INTO THE GROUND!

The RE2 remake is pretty meh, but there's worse games out there. Still: I disagree that it's a masterpiece.

At least Konami aren't doing that, which is me being grateful for small mercies. But after the last one in 2012, I knocked the series down to number 4 on my list of favourite franchises, which was hurtful folks. Well and truly a nasty blow, as like I said, it's my second favourite series. Now it's The Evil Within and The Last of Us that are at numbers 2 and 3, even though they were initially single games. Soon, I may even have to put The Last of Us at number 1 anyway, since Capcom has been depleting my interest for the Resident Evil series, but I hold the old ones in high regard.

If Days Gone ever gets a sequel, I may even put that at number 3 or 4. Right now, I can't do that. It's just the one game, for now. But I'm sure another part will come, as the ending suggested that it will be continued.

The thing with all of those games I mentioned, is that I never, ever see anybody on any forum *ANYWHERE* online, ever defending those games - even the so-called Sony fanboys. It's kind of strange to me. These companies get buried...

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3288
Vixx wrote:
Why do sites keep reporting on this kind of thing? Square is constantly porting its series' out to naff mobile games, Nintendo is stuffing their mobile games with MTX etc. I honestly couldn't give a shit that Konami's using the license to make shit gambling games – has zero impact on me.

The internet hates Konami and people LOVE to hate things. Most people won't admit it, but they really enjoy having a "Bad Guy" to blame their dissatisfaction on, even if things are rarely so black and white.

Not that I'm defending Konami, I do think they've mishandled their properties. But if the internet hadn't decided it hated them already, I don't see anyone caring about this stuff. Or, going even further, I can totally see another timeline existing where people view things like the MGS3 pachinko machine as a cool thing, because their favorite game is being represented out there.

But if we're being honest, the Internet decided it hated Konami before they stopped making many video games. Silent Hill fans lost their minds when they dared to make a spinoff on the Vita, and every mainline entry after SH4 got significant backlash no matter what they tried to do with it (and I'll go to the grave defending Shattered Memories, and Downpour was pretty alright too).

Honestly as a fan of series like Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, and Castlevania, I wish they'd have done things differently, but it's not like I can't also see the logic behind them going "we're making a lot of money on mobile games and pachinko machines and not a lot of money on these video games people get mad at us for anyway".

So, yeah, people hate Konami and WANT to be mad at them, so sites keep reporting on this stuff to facilitate them and make their own money off of their outrage.

Brookhaven Receptionist

The Daily Star does that a lot. They put misleading titles, so they're like, "Read this! Read this! Read this!" and it's all crap. In fact, a few months ago after Konami updated the IP, they claimed a 'new game' was coming to the Xbox One, or PS5.