Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 20 Mar 2019

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: What Hideo Kojima think about Homecoming and Downpour ?

Missing since: 23 Nov 2016
Notes left: 19
It's just intresting what he thinks. I can cleary see influence of silent hill in the death stranding.
Like that scene Mads Milkensen with soldiers, looks like a scene with jugernauth and minions in overlook penitantary, from downpour.

Personaly i love Homecoming. You now why ? Because i can kill smog without losing any health. It's very easy.
Just come close to the smog and then he attack with his black smok push the dodge button. Dodging works even if you a very close to smog when he atacking. Also he's back a very sensitive.
It's also very easy to kill Siam with a knife. Just push dodge button and hit him in the back.

Another game i like is Book of memories. In tearms of the concept it's very good and intresting.
What so intresting about it. Well imagine that Book of memories fucking with your head the whole time.
Like in the good horor movie.

Make Valtiel help and serve you through the powers of the book. Or that Book of memories makes you feel the same emotional pain as previous protagongist, when encouter monsters. Since they represent emotional pain. Right.

Howard blackwood shop look's like a Curtis shop from Homecoming. Like book change the reality.
Joshua backpack of coures and a very good fighting system. Which is very impotant for such game.
So i really like it.

What do you think ? We can discuss Hideo opinion on this games and the games as well.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Re: What Hideo Kojima think about Homecoming and Downpour ?

Missing since: 22 Feb 2012
Notes left: 786
I tried to complete Downpour ages ago. I got as far as the prison. Overall, the game is boring, but I think some parts of it still yield that great Silent Hill style. I just don't think you have to do much in it, because the side missions are optional. The game is very simple, too. One boss?

Rosewater Park Attendant

Missing since: 06 Mar 2008
Notes left: 1474
Last seen at: Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium
When I think of Homecoming, Downpour and BoLM, I think of trash. But each to their own.

You seem to care a lot about the fighting system in games, which is strange considering Silent Hill was never about the fighting in the first place. But in that case I can understand why you like games like Homecoming.

However, your idea of Hideo Kojima taking inspiration from Downpour in Death Stranding is very far-fetched and seems a lot like wishful thinking from your side. There are literally thousands of games with soldiers in them.

Now, I don't know what Kojima thinks of Homecoming and Downpour, however I think it's pretty clear that he primarily looked at the first 4 games made by Team Silent for inspiration when he got into the Silent Hills project. If you look at P.T. for example, it is heavily influenced by Silent Hill 4: The Room. One of the most major complaints about the western-developed games in the series was that they weren't particularly scary. Kojima wanted to bring back the true horror to the series. With that in mind, maybe it's safe to assume that he couldn't care less about Homecoming and Downpour.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 23 Nov 2016
Notes left: 19
He took inspiration fro orgins as well. Boo fucking Hoo. How fucking original. Just because new silent hill games aren't great dosen't mean they aren't good games, okay. :)
https://youtu.be/p62i_nqt2GA

Rosewater Park Attendant

Missing since: 06 Mar 2008
Notes left: 1474
Last seen at: Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium
blackglass657 wrote:
He took inspiration fro orgins as well. Boo fucking Hoo. How fucking original. Just because new silent hill games aren't great dosen't mean they aren't good games, okay. :)
https://youtu.be/p62i_nqt2GA

Origins is significantly better than Homecoming and Downpour, even though it's subpar to the originals in comparison. The main problem with Origins is that it was completely unnecessary. The developers at Climax suggested that they were going to "explain what really happened to Alessa and everyone before the first game", even though in the end Origins reveals nothing new. Everything we "learn" about Alessa, Dahlia's plan and the soulsplitting was already explained in the first Silent Hill game. On the contrary, Origins actually messed up the story and lore of the first game, fucking up major events such as the Gillespie house fire, the creation of the Otherworld, etc.

Nevertheless, gameplay-wise Origins definitely nailed it. The controls and mechanics definitely felt like a Silent Hill game. I just wished they would've focused on Travis story instead of forcing in the whole Alessa-shit that Climax obviously didn't fully understand.

Oh and by the way, that trailer is just a concept trailer and looks nothing like the final product. Almost all of the first person stuff in P.T. can be traced back to Silent Hill 4: The Room, as observed in this video (33:30 in): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE1vrTVyIp8

Brookhaven Receptionist

Missing since: 22 Feb 2012
Notes left: 786
I'm just sad that the 20 year anniversary is next year, yet no new game has been announced.