Disappointments?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

huntersmith22
Just Passing Through

Disappointments?

Post by huntersmith22 »

Did anyone have any disappointments with Homecoming?

The only thing that bothered me was Pyramid Head.
When I first saw him, I was excited and confused at the same time.
I always thought he was a figment of James Sunderland's troubled imagination and he would only appear due to James.

I kinda wished that you got to fight against Pyramid Head.
Grendel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Grendel »

I wasn't that disappointed with the game.

But I wished they used SH2 PH instead of the Film version.

Oh, and to explain Pyramid Head, James IS NOT the owner of PH. Pyramid Head is based off of the Executioners of Old Time Silent Hill. The executioners always wore red pyramid helemts (Or just red hoods I guess). Basically, anyone can conjure up Pyramid head because PH himself is the embodiment of guilt, sometimes considered justice, and revenge. But mostly guilt I suppose.
huntersmith22
Just Passing Through

Post by huntersmith22 »

Grendel wrote:Basically, anyone can conjure up Pyramid head because PH himself is the embodiment of guilt, sometimes considered justice, and revenge. But mostly guilt I suppose.
I guess the reason he shows up in this one, is due to Alex's guilt of accidentally killing Joshua.
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-12/1232412/banner2.jpg[/img]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/huntersmith22[/url]
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

I'm not sure if that's why he's there because he completely by passes Alex in the hotel and church. Plus Alex wouldn't know anything about Silent Hill since he's never been there.
"The Body Is Cold?"
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Bogeyman was summoned by the collective of Shepherd's Glenn. No one person summoned him.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Grendel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Grendel »

.....How about we forget about this Bogeyman bussiness and get back on topic before another flame-war begins.

Um, I was disappointed by Wheeler. I forgot about him and his stereotyping.
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

I didn't like the fact there was no end game statistics.
"The Body Is Cold?"
War Machine
Just Passing Through

Post by War Machine »

I am disappointed with the amount of disdain expressed by some users over a great game considering the developers are completely new to the video game business and the Silent Hill series.
[i]"I may disagree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death."[/i] - Stephen Colbert
Lost?!
Just Passing Through

Post by Lost?! »

I don't think they deserve a pass just because they're new. I guess we can blame Team Silent as well for handing the franchise over to them, but DH is mostly to blame. The more I think about the game, the more I dislike it, which is the exact opposite of the first 3. :(
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

Lost?! wrote:I guess we can blame Team Silent as well for handing the franchise over to them
No. You can't. "Team Silent" (a term that is basically meaningless) has no authority over the franchise. Konami makes all the decisions.
nobody is anybody
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

Konami makes all the decisions.
...and people think Konami IS Team Silent. Konami is a distributor and they focus on money/selling games.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

No. You can't. "Team Silent" (a term that is basically meaningless) has no authority over the franchise.
Though Akira Yamaoka was Executive Producer of Homecoming, and thus had pretty much ultimate authority over the game's development.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
War Machine
Just Passing Through

Post by War Machine »

Goddamn Yamaoka ruined the series!!! :P
[i]"I may disagree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death."[/i] - Stephen Colbert
nobody
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nobody »

AuraTwilight wrote:
No. You can't. "Team Silent" (a term that is basically meaningless) has no authority over the franchise.
Though Akira Yamaoka was Executive Producer of Homecoming, and thus had pretty much ultimate authority over the game's development.
as far as i know there are still kind of areas of resposibility, yamaoka had no ulitmate authority.
there's comfort in silence
Blueneon
Just Passing Through

Post by Blueneon »

I think I was disappointed mostly by the graphics. I mean, the voice acting was awesome, but it was a bit late sometimes, and it looked odd.
There were a few parts where it would show a characters up close, and it would look so distorted.
I think with all of the current games being released for Xbox/PS3 with incredible graphics, they could've done something similar.

I still think it was a really good game, reguardless of the graphics.
griffithsguy322
Just Passing Through

Post by griffithsguy322 »

I was disappointed with the fact that they didn't go in depth about the order. I mean the guys in the suits come in take the mom and then.....nothing. I understood everything else but that.
I always seem to find myself in the middle of women, violence and conflict....god i hate conflict.
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

griffithsguy322 wrote:I was disappointed with the fact that they didn't go in depth about the order. I mean the guys in the suits come in take the mom and then.....nothing. I understood everything else but that.
As I understand it they were foot soldiers of 'The Order' that were kidnapping the traitors living in Shepherds Glen, namely Alex's parents.
"The Body Is Cold?"
alisonclmbs
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by alisonclmbs »

I really wasn't too disapointed by the game; however, I figured out the plot of the game within the first half hour of the game! Up until now, the SH series kept us guessing until the very end. I was hoping there would have been more of a twist and turn in the storyline, something in the plot you never saw coming, but I didnt feel that way with SHH.
For me, the part of the opening credit where they show Judge Holloway stating, "Our sacrafices were in vain" (or something to that effect) that let me know right away that she was one of the villians.
"A man chooses. A slave obeys" Andrew Ryan-Bioshock

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/maddartist/heathersig.jpg[/img]

Thx to Maddartist for my avatar & banner
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

The only things i'm disappointed about are some of the character models during a number of the games cutscenes. The in game graphics are pretty OK, but those cinemas are a bit disappointing. also, i'm disappointed with people who look at Wheeler, and actually think that he fits some negative stereotype of a Black man. I'm Black, and don't find it insulting at all. it's not as if the guy speaks in ebonics, wears his deputy trousers halfway off his ass, and goes around saying "YO, backup Alex! i'm about ta pop a cap in dat monstahs ass!" you want to hear what a stereotypical black guy sounds like, go play gears of War 1 or 2. Even with that said, I love Cole Train.