Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 23 Apr 2019

Post subject: Alessa's Room?

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 11978
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
So I just started replaying Homecoming, and I realized something was niggling in the back of my mind about the room that Alex is kept in at Alchemilla. Room 206.

In Origins, it is Room 206 that Alessa is first rushed to for preliminary examination, and where Alessa first makes contact with Travis before sucking him into the Otherworld. Thus, Room 206 is Alessa's first room at Alchemilla before she is moved to the hidden basement facilities. Alex's room is Alessa's first.

Now, we know that the town is capable of tapping into the guilty consciences of random ordinary people and making their nightmares a reality care of Silent Hill 2, and Homecoming itself seems to indicate that the origin of the events in this game is born out of the shared delusions of the Sect of the Holy Way, but I can't help but wonder if there is some sort of narrative significance outside of a mere Easter Egg here.

What do you all think? Neat Easter Egg, or something more? Consider this possibility: Room 206 is where Alessa was when she realized that the demon inside her was not going to let her die from these wounds, and that Dahlia could still try and use her to further her plans. It was here that Alessa first tapped into the Otherworld as a place to retreat to that Dahlia could not reach her in, and thus a combination of Alex's guilty conscience with this highly charged room combined to trigger the manifestation of the monsters. Note that prior to Alex's arrival in Shepherd's Glen, the only odd thing that was happening was the mass disappearances. It wasn't until Alex arrived that the monsters showed up. Did Alex somehow bring them with him?

Just a thought. What I am trying to trigger here is an analysis of the possible significance of this common ground between Alex and Alessa.

and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11382
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Crackpot theory: Alessa's thoughts and whatnot lingered in that room to be absorbed by Alex, making him a SUPER LEET PSYCHIC THAT CREATED THE OTHERWORLD and gave him Precognitive dreams like the one in the beginning of the game and [spoiler]the Drowning ending.[/spoiler]

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 671
You know, Adam made it such a big deal to never go to Silent Hill (apparently), [spoiler]and then sends his son off to the town's resident crazy house?[/spoiler]

Aura's drug-induced theory is about as probable as all the other ones. It is possible that Alex absorbed Alessa's powers through the room, but that room had been used many times after Alessa left (I assume). Are there a bunch of half-physics are running around? Is the next SH going to be called The Children of Alessa? :B

Y'know what I don't hate?

Post subject:

Aura's theory was not really a theory at all. I think he was joking.

He may have sent Alex to Silent Hill because there was nowhere else he could do. Alchemilla is seemingly still under Order control, 20 years after Kaufmann died. They needed to keep him somewhere safe that they could keep an eye on him, so he was sent to Alchemilla. He was between a rock and a hard place, and made the only decision that was available to him.

It's also possible that Adam tried to keep the other Shepherd's Glen residents away from Silent Hill so that they wouldn't find out where Alex really was.

and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Post subject:

Quote:
Aura's theory was not really a theory at all. I think he was joking.

Correct. I won't mind if it turns out to be true, though, since I'm highly suspecting that Alex might have legitimate precognitive powers.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 671
You are not allowed to joke on the Internet.

Aura, what evidence do you have of Alex's precognitive powers? Or rather, what is your legitimate theory? I'm curious.

Y'know what I don't hate?

Post subject:

Quote:
Aura, what evidence do you have of Alex's precognitive powers? Or rather, what is your legitimate theory? I'm curious.

1) His opening dream. I'm told you about it before, I'm sure, so suffice to say it's either Alex is precognitive or Josh's ghost is fucking with his dreams.

2) The Drowning Ending.

Post subject:

Regarding 1) Remember that Homecoming states that much, if not all, of the events of Homecoming are created by the shared delusions of the Order members themselves, not Alex. Thus, the images of the children being murdered in Alchemilla are manifestations of the guilt that Fitch, Bartlett, Holloway, and Adam feel.

and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Post subject:

Yea, I know. So why is Alex dreaming about them unless the information was given to him via extrasensory means?

Post subject:

Oh, I agree. I do think Alessa plays some sort of role in this, clearly, since I created the thread. I'm just wanting to make sure that we agree that it is the Order themselves that is the main source of the Otherworld and monsters this time around.

and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Jun 2009
Notes left: 62
Last seen at: away from controler
AuraTwilight wrote:
1) His opening dream. I'm told you about it before, I'm sure, so suffice to say it's either Alex is precognitive or Josh's ghost is fucking with his dreams.

2) The Drowning Ending.

so much for marking a spoiler. :lol:

Post subject:

You don't have to mark spoilers in the spoiler forum, genius.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Aug 2005
Notes left: 1521
Last seen at: Colombia
Anything with the fucking 206 number in the game is about the Joshua's death hour... SHH is so flat that it hasnp't room for any hidden meaning that isn't related with the death of Josh or simple refrences to previous SH works...

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Dec 2006
Notes left: 708
My God, if somebody doesn't bash Homecoming every other post in this forum hell is going to fucking freeze over.

Post subject:

KageReneko wrote:
SHH is so flat that it hasnp't room for any hidden meaning that isn't related with the death of Josh or simple refrences to previous SH works...

How is that any different than Origins? Or SH3? Because neither of those games were particularly deep, either.

Now get out of my thread. If you don't have anything to contribute, KEEP YOUR LIPS PRESSED FIRMLY TOGETHER. Stay that way. Good boy.

and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Post subject:

Quote:
Anything with fucking fire in the game is about the Alessa's burning... SH is so flat that it hasnp't room for any hidden meaning that isn't related with the God or Alessa or something.

You can do this to pretty much any goddamned game. Mary, Alessa, Walter's mommy issues... But don't worry, folks, those games can get away with it because they were made by Japanese people. If an American does it, it's automatic hollywood tripe.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Jun 2004
Notes left: 867
Last seen at: Georgia, USA
I think he might have been talking about the layers of symbolism. Yeah, most of SH2 is about Mary's death directly, but there's also the symbolism of the individual creatures: the nurses and sexual repression/frustration, the abstract daddy's relating to Angela.

He probably isn't thinking that deeply though.