Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 19 Jan 2020

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Dec 2005
Notes left: 454
Last seen at: NYC
Alessa was simply a plain old girl that just so happened to be picked to be the vessel for a creature, 'God.' The Order crashed and burned at some point and when those in charge started it up again, they deified Alessa. (I'm assuming they did this because she was the only one who 'successfully' gave birth to the monster within her; correct me if I'm wrong, anyone?.) She's not an incarnation of a god in any way shape or form - just a girl.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 May 2006
Notes left: 1096
Last seen at: Mormons HQ
This is probably most unclear plot aspect of'em all and 'yellow god theories' are mostly wrong. This theory is wrong too. When god isn't conjured and its still in incorporeal form then 'where' is it then?? Thats the Lobsel Vith - gods vessel - role here. It carries god when its not in corporeal form. Alessa, through the immolation, recieved the fetus from that deity. When the god 'dies' it returns back to the spiritual vessel - the Yellow God. Unlike Red God - Valtiel, Lobsel Vith has no phisycal form, its only spiritual entity. In cults religion each deity serves its certain purposes, like for instance 'Holy Trinity' in Christianity.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
>Unlike Red God - Valtiel, Lobsel Vith has no phisycal form
I disagree. According to The Order's doctrine, the red & yellow god are both depicted as little girls. If this theory were to work, Alessa would be Lobsel Vith, and "Cheryl" would be Xuchilbara. The author believes that the red god is Valtiel, as do I, so the parallel isn't there: it's inconsistent. However, I do believe that Lobsel Vith has a "phisycal form" [sic]: Incubus.

That's not to say that the Incubus from Silent Hill 1 is Lobsel Vith, but that Lobsel Vith, when actually conjured, looks like Baphomet/Incubus.

In The Order's Chapel, there are murals depicting God, Valtiel, and the Incubus. There are also three known sects within The Order: The Sect of the Holy Mother, of the Holy Woman, and of Valtiel. Accordingly, I believe that Dahlia (of the Sect of the Holy Woman) worshipped the image of Incubus--as witnessed in the "other" church--and that the other two Sects worshipped Valtiel (the Valtiel sect) and God (the Holy Mother sect).

So, ultimately, if Lobsel Vith were conjured--and I believe it was when Alessa was impregnated--it would look like the Incubus of Silent Hill 1.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

Missing since: 29 May 2006
Notes left: 1096
Last seen at: Mormons HQ
It's all good, I know about that man but I simply don't buy that :shock: As for me this is the only plot inconsistency in this game. That's why it's 'easier' for me to believe that Lobsel Vith never appeared physicly in the games and the conjured god took Incubus form because of Dahlias believes - sticking to the fact that physical form of conjured god depends on the conjurer imagination. Furthermore that's why I think calling conjured Incubus the Yellow God would be like calling conjured god from SH3 Alessa

RESPECT
 Post subject:

>calling conjured Incubus the Yellow God would be like calling conjured god from SH3 Alessa
I'm not calling Incubus from Silent Hill 1 "Lobsel Vith," and I'm not sure why it's so difficult for anyone to understand that. I'm saying that the image of the Incubus is the same as what Lobsel Vith looks like. That is to say: Lobsel Vith looks like Baphomet. They are not the same thing, but they look the same.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Apr 2004
Notes left: 1134
Last seen at: Lakeside Amusement Park
The Adversary wrote:
>Unlike Red God - Valtiel, Lobsel Vith has no phisycal form
I disagree. According to The Order's doctrine, the red & yellow god are both depicted as little girls. If this theory were to work, Alessa would be Lobsel Vith, and "Cheryl" would be Xuchilbara. The author believes that the red god is Valtiel, as do I, so the parallel isn't there: it's inconsistent. However, I do believe that Lobsel Vith has a "phisycal form" [sic]: Incubus.

That's not to say that the Incubus from Silent Hill 1 is Lobsel Vith, but that Lobsel Vith, when actually conjured, looks like Baphomet/Incubus.

In The Order's Chapel, there are murals depicting God, Valtiel, and the Incubus. There are also three known sects within The Order: The Sect of the Holy Mother, of the Holy Woman, and of Valtiel. Accordingly, I believe that Dahlia (of the Sect of the Holy Woman) worshipped the image of Incubus--as witnessed in the "other" church--and that the other two Sects worshipped Valtiel (the Valtiel sect) and God (the Holy Mother sect).

So, ultimately, if Lobsel Vith were conjured--and I believe it was when Alessa was impregnated--it would look like the Incubus of Silent Hill 1.

So you are saying that Dahlia, in SH1, was actually trying to conjuer Lobsel Vith inside of Alessa and not "God"? I disagree. Or are you trying to say instead of God being conjured, Lobsel Vith came instead of "God"? Your statement is very confusing. OR finally, are you saying that "God" is the woman in white and Lobsel Vith is the Incubus? But that still doesn't make sense b/c Dahlia calls it "God". Could you explain your statement further please. . .

RESPECT
 Post subject:

>So you are saying that Dahlia, in SH1, was actually trying to conjuer Lobsel Vith
No, but I do believe Dahlia conjured Lobsel Vith seven years ago to impregnate Alessa.

>are you trying to say instead of God being conjured, Lobsel Vith came instead of "God"?
No.

>are you saying that "God" is the woman in white and Lobsel Vith is the Incubus?
No, but god is the Holy Woman in White and Incubus.

>Could you explain your statement further please. . .
I don't know how to make it more clear. . . .

What we see in Silent Hill 1, Incubus, is god. The image that it has taken is the image that Dahlia worships, Baphomet. I believe that what Dahlia is worshipping is actually Lobsel Vith, so when god is conjured it takes that form--that of Lobsel Vith's.

The final boss is god regardless of what happens, but the image it takes is the same as what Lobsel Vith would look like if we ever saw it conjured separately.

The same thing happens in Silent Hill 3. When god is born it looks like Alessa. It's obviously not Alessa, but it looks like her. Here, in Silent Hill 1, when god is born it looks like Lobsel Vith. It's obviously not Lobsel Vith, but it looks like it--because this is the image Dahlia worshipped: you can see it in the "other" church.

Follow?

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

I just have a doubt, what is the thing that makes god shift its image?? I was thinking of the Aglaophotis, as it, I think, expels demons inside a person, but I'm not sure it has something to do with the image the god can take.

Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Apr 2004
Notes left: 1134
Last seen at: Lakeside Amusement Park
Quote:
What we see in Silent Hill 1, Incubus, is god. The image that it has taken is the image that Dahlia worships, Baphomet. I believe that what Dahlia is worshipping is actually Lobsel Vith, so when god is conjured it takes that form--that of Lobsel Vith's.

The final boss is god regardless of what happens, but the image it takes is the same as what Lobsel Vith would look like if we ever saw it conjured separately.

The same thing happens in Silent Hill 3. When god is born it looks like Alessa. It's obviously not Alessa, but it looks like her. Here, in Silent Hill 1, when god is born it looks like Lobsel Vith. It's obviously not Lobsel Vith, but it looks like it--because this is the image Dahlia worshipped: you can see it in the "other" church.

Follow?

Yes, I understand what you are trying to say now. Now my question is, what is Lobsel Vith's purpose and why do we not ever see a physical manifestation of this being? If Xuchilbara is Valtiel, which I do not believe because the "God" created gods and angels and Valtiel is the angelic valet of god (but this is for another debate at another time), then we see Xuchilbara in the flesh, how come Lobsel Vith never makes an appearance and what is his/her purpose in the big picture of "god" coming into the world?

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Lobsel Vith, as the holy flame, impregnates the Mother of God.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Apr 2006
Notes left: 639
I fail to see the logic in Lobsel Vith being a conjured, physical Baphomet and a swarm of flames at the same time. I can, however, see Lobsel Vith being present during the burning ritual as an insurance to Alessa's fertility; similar to Valtiel's presence inside of Walter for the purpose of insuring the 21 Sacraments.