Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 21 Aug 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

Gravedigger
 Post subject: What are the most ANNOYING monsters?

Missing since: 04 May 2006
Notes left: 474
Last seen at: MA
For me, in SH3, the Slurpers, Double-Heads, and Pendulums. I can't stand them!

In SH2 (even though I have not played it in a while :( ) but the annoying crawling thingys in the beginning that run around the town and scare you from underneith cars. And those maniquin things and PH. Yes, I said PH! "Stop staring at me!!!" :lol: He just stands there.

I haven't played the 1st game yet. So I can't say.

And SH4, from what I recall, the ghosts, the stupid burping things in the hospital. The wall monsters and ummm can't remember too many others. Once again, it's been a while since I've played.

So what about you guys? And I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned in another thread. I tried looking.

Last edited by SH3girl32 on 26 Oct 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Jun 2007
Notes left: 2121
nothing beats slurpers on the scale of sheer irritation. the twin victims/bottoms are a close second, though. i didn't think anything in SH1 or 2 was very cumbersome.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jun 2007
Notes left: 184
Last seen at: Sweden, "The Great North"
I agree with SH3girl32 & crucifix that the slurpers are probably the most annoying monsters around. Also in SH1 there is [spoiler]some kind of monkey-monster[/spoiler] that runs and jumps around on you like crazy. That is also quite annoying.

Check out Birger Pictures (www.youtube.com/user/BirgerPictures) on YouTube for all of my movies.

[img]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/Berra87/sig62607.jpg[/img]

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 May 2007
Notes left: 99
Last seen at: The American Empire
I was extremely annoyed by the mannequins in Silent Hill 2. Especially during the part where you have all your equipment on the shelf. The most irritating part is that when you get your shotgun back and you wanna release your righteous anger upon them, they DISAPPEAR. (Except for one)

Also, the closers from Silent Hill 3 are annoying, mainly because they're so freakin' huge and take a bit of time to kill.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Nov 2004
Notes left: 761
Last seen at: Fell down in bathtub. Send help.
Those li'l fuckers that steal your shit in SH4. Damn!

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Bad Guy wrote:
Those li'l fuckers that steal your shit in SH4. Damn!

Hmmm... perhaps my memory is a little foggy but I can't remember anything like that. What monsters are we talking about? :?: :?

Check out Birger Pictures (www.youtube.com/user/BirgerPictures) on YouTube for all of my movies.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Aug 2005
Notes left: 157
Last seen at: Reading, PA
The ones that make the generic chimpanzee noises.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

SteveSilent wrote:

Oh yeah I think I remember those things!!

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

SteveSilent wrote:

The ones you encounter in the building world? In that case, I remember them. :D

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Mar 2004
Notes left: 4987
Last seen at: Pits of Hell
Most definitely the ghosts in SH4 because you can't kill them and they take your energy.
I can stand all the others, even the ones that are hard to kill, but monsters that you cannot kill... me no likey!

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Dec 2005
Notes left: 1123
Last seen at: Wherever Mother Claudia sends me.
The fact that I didn't get to actually kill Pryamid Head and his butt buddy. And yes I realise that there's a reason for that, but dammit I demand satisfaction and didn't get it. You can't use the intestines of a suicide death to predict the future properly. I've tried and it lowers my accuracy by 45%.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Jan 2007
Notes left: 217
Last seen at: Venezuela
SH1: Air Screamers
SH2: Abstract Daddies in the hotel
SH3: Slurpers (most annoying overall)
SH4: Ghosts

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Dec 2006
Notes left: 202
Last seen at: In a random HOLE.
SH1- The roaches on Hard, because they swarm you, and I'm pretty sure you can't hit them with a melee weapon.

SH2- The lying figures, but only when they crawled on the ground or stayed JUST BARELY out of the wooden plank's reach.

SH3-The pendulums. Of my goodness, the sound alone drives me crazy, but they're really frustrating to fight, too. The double heads were also pretty bad. Of course, the slurpers probably take the title of "Most Annoying Silent Hill Monster Ever," what with their constant tripping and such.

SH4-The ghosts, mostly because they just tend to pester you, and their's very few silver bullets and swords to shut them up with. The wall men in the escalator were also annoyingly hard to dodge, and the toadstools and their kin were pretty much a pointless distraction. Don't forget the hummers, a source of little damage to Henry's health and major damage to the player's time and patience.

That said, the SH series still has some of the best enemy design I've ever seen, outside of these examples.

-"My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon" by Fall Out Boy

Thanks for the avatar, ST3wolf!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 11 Feb 2007
Notes left: 8
Last seen at: scotland
Out of all the silent hill games the most annoyin monsters are in the first game and they are air screamers god i hate them and the romper monsters when they pounce on u Curse them! :evil:

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Dec 2005
Notes left: 454
Last seen at: NYC
SH1: Creepers. (aka. Two-Foot-Long Roaches) Not cool when three of them gang up on you in a corner and then a Mumbler just moseys on up while you're stuck in one place getting bitten.
SH2: Mandarins. Even though they rarely appear, I don't enjoy not being able to stand in one place for too long.
SH3: Pendulums. Screechyloud as all fuck and very difficult to avoid when they rush at you.
SH4: Ghosts. No explanation necessary.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Oh and silly me, I forgot to mention scrapers as another monster I hate. They scare the crap outta me. I know they are so weak, but they still annoy me. That and the missonary, but he's really easy to kill now with my USMG. :twisted:

Post subject:

Missing since: 11 May 2006
Notes left: 1070
Easy Answer -> SH4 Ghosts

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 452
SH1 - Haven't played it yet, so...
SH2 - Abstract Daddies. They're high-healthed (on Hard, anyway), quick, and take up the ENTIRE hallway. You can't run around them. While the other monsters in SH2 aside from PH are rather passive and can be killed from a distance, the Abstract Daddy will close in on you even after quite a few shots, get in your face, then eat it before you can reload. Freaky? Yes. Annoying? Of course.
SH3 - I Hate Hate Hate (with a capitalization) the Pendulum.
SH4 - I actually didn't mind the ghosts. They were definitely the good kind of scary, kept me going through the levels, and only freaked me out with their sound, which is easily deflected by a few Saint Medallions... On a side note, the wall creatures were horrid. Difficult to hit, merciless... Even after you stood up from its hit, before you can do anything, it'll bitch slap you back down... And the armies of Amazon nurses with gas. The only real, easy way to take care of a few is to knock them down the stairs, activating that weird glitch thing where they burp all the way down...

Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Apr 2004
Notes left: 1134
Last seen at: Lakeside Amusement Park
Don't remember that actual names of the monsters so here is my descriptive list!

SH1 - Those damn terridactyl flying creatures that constantly chase you outside. The constant flapping and screaching is very annoying. Although, the gorilla guys in the Otherworld piss me off.
SH2 - Mannequinns make me angry, especially if you don't finish them off b/c then they start screeching and speed across the floor!
SH3 - It's gotta be the super fat guys that deflate after killing them!
SH4 - The Ghosts of course! Damn, gimme more Swords of Obedience! Although Walter is pretty annoying with his damn gun!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Apr 2007
Notes left: 34
Last seen at: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
I hate the ghosts from SH4. They're pretty fast. Whenever I try to run out of the room or whatever to get away from them, I always find that I left Eileen behind. Grrr.

Walter scared me, too, and once he gets those guns in the Water Prison -- ugh! LEAVE ME ALONE!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next