Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 25 Jun 2019

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject: What would you do without a weapon?

Missing since: 06 Mar 2007
Notes left: 342
THIS IS THE RE-DONE VERSION. A MORE IN DEPTH VERSION.

Adding non-weapon moves would give the player more options, and make the games more realistic because in real life people can fight back with more than just weapons. They can use their hands too (which isn't an option in past games!).
What would you do in SH if you had no weapon to use, or what would you want to do to defend yourself: run, fight, hide.
Wait a minute. Hiding from monsters could be scary as hell. Waiting under a table as decaying feet shuffled by. NEW TOPIC!

Last edited by HeresJohnny on 14 Mar 2007, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
I don't know if there's a Resident Evil Heaven out there, but I think that's what you were really looking for.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

No, I'm talking Silent Hill. Imagine these things in SH, not RE. They could make it work if it was done right! If it looked good/realistic. The current games featuring hand to hand don't do justice to the way it might be in a SH game. It could be made a lot different.

Post subject:

Let me elaborate:

It would look so ridiculously out of place to see anything like that in Silent Hill. The characters can barely shoot straight. How am I to believe they can snap the neck of a creature that has impossible anatomy to begin with.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

It'd take a lot of work, but if it fit the character(doesn't like weapons or something like that), why not. A SH game with no weapons might not turn out great but it's interesting to think about what could be done if there were no weapons to use.

Post subject:

Makeshift weapons yes.

Chow Yun Hill, no.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Nov 2006
Notes left: 728
Last seen at: Oslo, Norway
That wouldn't fit in Silent Hill, that takes away part of the gameplay fear, and it sounds stupid. As Alone in the town said that would fit better in a game like Resident Evil, but I consider the REs as action survival games, because once you get that Uzi hand gun and all those weapons, it's all about blowing them up.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 May 2006
Notes left: 1881
Last seen at: in the branches that blow
Yea, its not that type of game. To some, SH 4 had too much violence and battery goings on. Its all bout the feel of the game, thats what makes it Silent Hill.

There are plenty of hand - hand combat games. While they can be fun too, its not what I look for when playing SH.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Nov 2006
Notes left: 1076
Last seen at: indiana, u.s. of a
fighting is sooooo capcom.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Jan 2007
Notes left: 217
Last seen at: Venezuela
It wouldn´t be fun to put Steven Seagal, Jackie Chan or Jet Li in Silent Hill... we get scared playing SH because the characters are people with average skills just like everyone else... that´s what makes the game so good, that you could imagine yourself against those monsters, it´s 100% survival instinct, no skills...

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Dec 2005
Notes left: 454
Last seen at: NYC
Not interested in becoming Jackie Chan when I'm supposed to be playing as any old ordinary joe.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Nov 2006
Notes left: 1076
Last seen at: indiana, u.s. of a
what about tony jaa??? yeah! put him in there...have him running up walls, diving through vortexes of swirling razor wire, running 'over' bad guys. YEAH! make it like the matrix where you could slow down time...make a bad guy like agent smith in the game...we'll call him clobber...cause he can punch you really really fast...

give me a break.

Post subject:

Missing since: 22 May 2006
Notes left: 2647
Last seen at: Bristol
Shit ideas like this make me wonder why the people even play Silent Hill in the first place.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Jan 2007
Notes left: 119
Last seen at: 7o3, Virginia
^lmao
yeah, I think that would just take away from the game. all the characters are just normal people and they need to survive with weapons and such. seeing someone just walk up to a demon and snap its neck.......yeahhhhhhh, seems kinda weird to me.

looks bad, but i couldnt resist: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/ ... dsdsds.jpg

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Mar 2007
Notes left: 18
Last seen at: Rome
Quote:

OMG, that is fantastic :D

So, James doing Tang Lang? PH doing Pa Kua? Mmm, i know even a director that could make it happen: Uwe Boll :mrgreen:

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4686
Last seen at: Colorado
I have to go with the majority's opinion here and say no. Silent Hill does not need a martial arts expert, or a professional boxer, as the protagonist. Go play Mortal Kombat, or... something.

It might be okay for a character who doesn't have a weapon yet to throw a punch at a nurse or something like that... or an option like in some FPS games, where if you unequip your weapons and hit the action button, you punch with your fist. But really, that'd be a rather weird addition to Silent Hill. Moves like karate chops and fancy air leaps definitely wouldn't belong. Using wooden planks is as close to hand-to-hand combat as it will probably get, and that's fine. That's just Silent Hill.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Nov 2006
Notes left: 728
Last seen at: Oslo, Norway
Taken from an interview with Producer of SHO William Oertell.

It is official that the main character in Silent Hill Origins will be a little more "physical" we don't get much other detail except that the 6 weapons are: Sledge Hammer, tire iron, shovel, 9mm pistol, 44 magnum and a shotgun. (Pretty much the usual)

I really doubt that he means that they will make this character a lot stronger in manners like him going arround and kicking every monsters ass hand to hand or with a minigun, but just a little more powerfull as he wields a sledge hammer.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Fuck everything I said above about hand to hand. What if there was a boss thats eyes were its weakness, and after you weakened it enough you had to move in close and put your thumbs in its eyes to blind it for the rest of the fight. Stuff like that could fit in the series. I'm talking about moves like this. You would need weapons too weaken it n the first place but then move in with a brutal attack. Even shoving a sharp object through a montsters head sounds like fun. (Finishing moves like this could be a nice addition to the series) instead of stomping every monster to death in the exact same way. VARIETY folks! Its fun. :twisted:

Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
I think what makes the series so great is that it's just regular people, not badass assassins, kung fu masters, or swordsmen. Just... regular people trying to figure out what the hell to do in the situation.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Sep 2006
Notes left: 515
xlespaul420x wrote:
^lmao
yeah, I think that would just take away from the game. all the characters are just normal people and they need to survive with weapons and such. seeing someone just walk up to a demon and snap its neck.......yeahhhhhhh, seems kinda weird to me.

looks bad, but i couldnt resist: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/ ... dsdsds.jpg

LMFAO the bobble heads make it even better.

But seriously, Silent Hill Kung Fu? Please. As stated before, Silent Hill is about how you're just an average Joe, a writer, a sales clerk, a teenager, a photographer. Not Tony Jaa who's a Thai Cowboy up in the north. DO NOT EFFING WANT.