Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 11 Dec 2018

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject: Voice Actors...

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 1134
Last seen at: New Jersey
Anyone in mind you guys would want to have for either SH5 (I know we don't know one character from it yet) or SH: Origins? I'd love to see a famous actor/actress take the role of one of the characters in a silent hill.

Better yet! What famous actors/actresses should've been voice acting for James!?

I'll start...

I think James Sutherland's voice could've had like a sad Tom Cruise voice, or Tom Hanks perhaps? Thoughts? Who else!?

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
No. No to those Toms. Guy Cihi did a fine job.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Dec 2005
Notes left: 454
Last seen at: NYC
Cihi's voice was good enough for the job. As for upcoming things, they should get David Hayter to do that SH0 Travis asshole's voice. Then he'd be even less stupid of a character and just be freaking awesome.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Sep 2006
Notes left: 515
Knick Knack, I LOL'd.
Way to turn around a character.
And all of a sudden I am reminded by my "Konami Hill" sketches where Snake's in a cardboard box in Silent Hill.

As for VA...
Maybe actually get Mary Elizabeth McGlynn to do Voice Overs.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
Guy Cihi sounds like Mark Hamill half of the time--especially in the beginning of the game. Otherwise, Kevin Bacon or William H. Macy would've suited James perfectly. Tim Robbins or Kevin Bacon would've been fine for Harry as well.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
And why's that a bad thing?

Tim Robbins gets my vote, I guess.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jan 2007
Notes left: 338
Last seen at: Kobe, Japan
I'd love to hear Tom Waits' voice in a Silent Hill game.

Also just want to say that Richard Grosse (RIP) stole the show (game?) as Douglas in SH3.

Post subject:

Missing since: 29 May 2006
Notes left: 1096
Last seen at: Mormons HQ
irrelivant, all the voices so far were good and I bet it wont change in future

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Jul 2006
Notes left: 531
If some of the old characters like Dahlia return in SH5 then hopefully they don't make them sound so annoying. I'd like to hear Powers Boothe, Ian McShane, Dayton Callie or Brad Dourif or pretty much anyone else from HBO's Deadwood in SH5. And of course... KYLE MACLACHLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
St. Thomas wrote:
Guy Cihi sounds like Mark Hamill half of the time--especially in the beginning of the game. Otherwise, Kevin Bacon or William H. Macy would've suited James perfectly. Tim Robbins or Kevin Bacon would've been fine for Harry as well.
Interesting you mentioned Mark Hamill, they might have actually been able to get him to do the job since he's done voice acting for games before. Hmmm, i think he might have been a good movie-James Sunderland some years ago. Such a harmless friendly face:
http://www.crystalacids.com/database/person/1766/mark-hamill/
I like the idea of Tim Robbins as the voice for either of the first two protagonists. Hell, he's such a good actor he could've done Heather as well.
But anyway, Guy Cihi IS James. He's perfect. It's pointless to find another. Instead you might want to ask who would have been a good Joseph.
Quote:
Also just want to say that Richard Grosse (RIP) stole the show (game?) as Douglas in SH3.

That old drunkard private dick was the best character in Silent Hill 3.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Nov 2006
Notes left: 185
Last seen at: Sweden
Knick Knack wrote:
As for upcoming things, they should get David Hayter to do that SH0 Travis asshole's voice. Then he'd be even less stupid of a character and just be freaking awesome.

Didn't David Hayter do Solid Snake's voice in MGS:TTS? If so, then NO! I hate that fucking voice, everytime Snake speaks he sounds EXTREMELY annoying. He tries so hard to sound evil that it just sounds ridiculous and the way he finishes off every sentence makes me want to shoot him in the nuts!

Rant off..

As for future voice actors, the voice actor who did Heather was really, really good. And they should pick some of Eternal Darkness' voice actors too, they were GREAT! Especially that narrative voice (think it was her grandfather?)!

http://spatial-inversion.blogspot.com

Post subject:

KRYSTA-GG- wrote:
irrelivant, all the voices so far were good and I bet it wont change in future

That's not the point, I'm not saying I want any of it to happen, I'm just saying what famous people would you have wanted to use. Pretend as if the real voice actors didn't exist, who would you prefer to do James' voice or Heather's?

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Dec 2005
Notes left: 454
Last seen at: NYC
Retro rush wrote:
Knick Knack wrote:
As for upcoming things, they should get David Hayter to do that SH0 Travis asshole's voice. Then he'd be even less stupid of a character and just be freaking awesome.

Didn't David Hayter do Solid Snake's voice in MGS:TTS? If so, then NO! I hate that fucking voice, everytime Snake speaks he sounds EXTREMELY annoying. He tries so hard to sound evil that it just sounds ridiculous and the way he finishes off every sentence makes me want to shoot him in the nuts!

Hayter did Snake's voice for every Metal Gear Solid game.
And I can't help but feel that an overdramatic actiony badass voice would be perfect for such a character, no?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Jan 2006
Notes left: 137
Retro rush wrote:

Rant off..

As for future voice actors, the voice actor who did Heather was really, really good. And they should pick some of Eternal Darkness' voice actors too, they were GREAT! Especially that narrative voice (think it was her grandfather?)!

*shock* Wow. I don't think I've ever heard someone dislike Snake's voice before. I personally can't see Snake without David Hayter behind it...

Personally, I don't believe I'd had a problem with SH voice actors since the first game and I wouldn't like to see any others.
...If they ever remake the first game though, I'd love to hear some new voices that still capture the characters. I think the only VA I was satisfied with was Lisa.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jan 2007
Notes left: 338
Last seen at: Kobe, Japan
agawa wrote:
...If they ever remake the first game though, I'd love to hear some new voices that still capture the characters. I think the only VA I was satisfied with was Lisa.

Yeah, that voice is well acted. Kaufman and Harry are bland, and Dahlia is way cheesy, though.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Feb 2007
Notes left: 519
Last seen at: Funky town! :O
St. Thomas wrote:

I like Bacon's voice, I agree he'd be good as a role (but not a past role revoiced. He's too different from anything that's been done before). I really liked him in the movie Stir of Echoes, which itself might as well be an event from Silent Hill. :P
Overall, though, I'm not a fan of well known actors doing the voices. I want to know James Sunderland as James Sunderland, not as Guy Cihi voicing James Sunderland (not that I don't know Cihi, but I don't know anything about him other than his name, so I can disregard his existence while playing SH2. :P)

Post subject:

I can see Cameron Diaz doing voice for Heather for some reason. Obviously a little more synical and all that stuff, but I think she'd be able to pull it off. Sort of like the same bubbly type of look and personality. Guys, by the way I'm just saying....ok, say we were the producers of the games, and they never came out, and we had to hire a famous actor/actress, who would you guys want? I think some of us didn't understand what I meant lol

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 May 2006
Notes left: 652
Last seen at: San Luis Obispo, CA
manong janitor wrote:
As for VA...
Maybe actually get Mary Elizabeth McGlynn to do Voice Overs.

Yes.

For those of you who don't know, Melissa Williamson is also a professional voice actor for various animes, most notably as Major Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. It's very easy to fall in love with her mesmerizing voice.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Sep 2006
Notes left: 265
Last seen at: The 90% of your brain you don't use.
I think James Woods would be good for a character like Vincent. I could hear him sounding very creepy.

Post subject:

The Detective in SH3, I would like to see DeNiro do his voice or someone like that...

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Aug 2006
Notes left: 41
Last seen at: Everywhere.
kennsj wrote:
I'd love to hear Tom Waits' voice in a Silent Hill game.

Hell yeah, Tom Waits has such a dynamic voice, he'd make for an awesome - spooky something er other. Some dead guy playing piano and singing at a bowling alley or something....