Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 11 Dec 2018

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Does anybody actually ever die in silent hill? [spoilers]

Missing since: 17 Dec 2005
Notes left: 24
What I mean is, Despite there being a number of people wandering around with murderous monsters, I can't seem to recall any who you actually see die. At least not until A real person intervenes and kills them. I recall many dead bodies, but none that actually are killed by (Normal) monsters themselves.

For example, In silent hill 2, maria is killed several times by pyramid head. But she is apparently alive enough to have to fight at tthe end of the game. And only then does she stay dead. You kill eddie In a firefight.

In silent hill 4, Many people die, but walter kills them all. Then, walter himself doesn't die until you kill him. If you get one of the bad endings then (whats her name, the girl next door) Walter kills her too by somehow making her walk into the whole ground hamburger machine.

In silent hill 1, I remember that In the ending, dahlia is shot and dies. Allessa(?) dies(ish[Maybe she might be the daughter she gives to harry]) most likely from the trauma of being burned. Then the nurse (lisa?) who has been killed and is a monster(ish) kills the guy who shot dahlia. Technically the nurse kills him and is a monster but she is in person(ish) form when she does it.

In silent hill 3, Claudia kills your father with a monster, but she specifically orders it to do so (or it seems she did). Then she wounds the detective and fatally stabs the priest dude. She kills herself by injesting the god. Finally the detective (depending on the ending) is killed by you.

Do any people every actually die directly from monsters themselves? It seems that despite all the bodies around town, the town itself is suprisingly non lethal and is only fatal when directly influenced by a real person. For all we know the bodies we see could be simply wallpaper. Something conjured by the town that was never Really alive at all. Considering the pure number of bodies seen, I wonder if the number of bodies might actually be greater than the normal population of the town. Perhaps the bodies are recycled by the town?

P.s. I'm not good with names, if you could kindly remind of the characters I reference then I will edit them in.

Last edited by ziratha on 17 Dec 2005, edited 1 time in total.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Feb 2004
Notes left: 3094
Last seen at: Deep Inside
No, not really, when I did die, the first times around, it's always against bosses, especially the Lizard, the first boss in SH1.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Oct 2004
Notes left: 26
Last seen at: Los Angeles
:shock:

OMG. I had never looked at it that way. Good arguement.

Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Feb 2005
Notes left: 2246
What about Eddie in SH2?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: well...

As I recall, I think that you and he end up in a gunbattle the end of which you kill him. Again, this is not a death by a monster but rather a death by a real person.

Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 11978
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
Well, certainly the monsters can kill YOU in the games, but speaking from how the storyline plays out, there is one person who does die at the hands of a monster:

Michael Kaufmann.

Remember, Lisa is just like the rest of the Puppet Nurses, just with a very specialized function.

and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Post subject:

Oh sorry, Ziratha, I skimmed through your first post.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Dec 2005
Notes left: 1123
Last seen at: Wherever Mother Claudia sends me.
About half dozen people have died in Silent Hill maybe little more

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Jun 2005
Notes left: 607
Last seen at: Bournemouth, England
The first two dead bodies we see in SH2 are that of humans and they are in the 'normal' version of the town. The first body is actually being feasted upon by a monster when we discover it. The second is, well, a bloody mess and we can only assume it's fate.

In SH3 the first monster we see is, again, busy feasting on a human.

These are the only three I can think of :D

Add me on MySpazz!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Well, yes and We certainly see these dead bodies, but we don't know they actually were people. By this I mean that if the town can summon up monsters, change its layout and generally defy various laws of physics and what not, whats creating a few already dead bodies in comparison?

As for Michael Kaufmann, One could argue that micheal was the cause of his own death. As I recall, Lisa Might have been saved had he not smashed the bottles of (that liquid whose name i don't recall). Even if lisa was a monster, Michael Himself intervened to cause her to become one and therefore caused his own death. Once again, A person caused the monster to kill. It's like when claudia had the missionary kill harry in sh3. It was a monster that did it, but it was a person that caused it. Had he not destroyed said liquid, She would have been saved and not been a monster, therefore he wouldn't have been killed by a monster since she wasn't one.

Also if you don't buy that argument, :mrgreen: Well then at the very least that is one person to die at the hands of a monster in 4 seperate cases of the whole monster thing. All of which had other characters who should have or might have dies at the monsters.

Post subject:

I always saw the monsters as a platform for the emotions of the characters in its rawest form.
As you've been writing and observing, the most frightening figures in Silent Hill are the ones with this bad intent, the characters.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Dec 2005
Notes left: 191
You should probably put *spoilers* in the title of your thread.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Mar 2004
Notes left: 132
Humans are their own worst dangers and enemies. Far more humans are harmed or killed by themselves and other humans -whether directly or indirectly (like via human-created industrial machines)- than by any other species. The same rules tend to apply within many other species, and not just out of cannibalistic hunger.

I do not count virii or other micro-organisms (which do kill far more humans), because they are more like non-discrimatory 'acts of nature', in that they do not try to harm or kill any specific person, or group.

Think of the monsters then as predators, simply maintaning the status quo of humans easily subduing/fighting off other species' threats, but constantly falling prey to their own.

The God Hand and Silent Hill pantheons will be hosting a pot luck dinner during the next bi-centennial Eclipse, in addition to Void's regularaly scheduled Sacrificial Ceremony for a newly anointed Apostle. Inquire for directions to Nexus of Existance, if needed. All beings of questionable benefit for humanity are welcome to attend. No human guests, please; prey only. Valtiel to provide highly appreciated guest services and salad.

Last edited by Void on 18 Dec 2005, edited 1 time in total.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
The people strewn up on fences, bathroom stalls, et cetera, from Silent Hill 1--such as the first body Harry encounters in the alleyway--are people that were also sucked into Alessa's [otherside]; they were involved in what happened to her: all her pain & misery. These people are those members of the Order that came to "visit" her in Alchemella, and stood round here, discussing their plans for power. Like Dahlia & Michael, they were brought into that reality, only to, ironically, suffer a fate worse than death.

So, yes, some people are killed by monsters.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Mar 2004
Notes left: 132
When you think about it, there really aren't that many bodies around in SH1, just that they are presented each time to give a lasting impression. Makes more sense that it's not everyone in town that was sucked into the Otherside.

The figures wrapped in cloth and tidily strung up around the Otherside School though, the 'watchers'... are they people too?

The God Hand and Silent Hill pantheons will be hosting a pot luck dinner during the next bi-centennial Eclipse, in addition to Void's regularaly scheduled Sacrificial Ceremony for a newly anointed Apostle. Inquire for directions to Nexus of Existance, if needed. All beings of questionable benefit for humanity are welcome to attend. No human guests, please; prey only. Valtiel to provide highly appreciated guest services and salad.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Jun 2005
Notes left: 209
Last seen at: In the basement of the Alamo
the reason nobody is killed by the monsters seen in the game is because to all the characters but the one you are playing as the monsters don't exist. They only exist in the interactive character's mind. Why the others aren't killed by their own monsters I can't tell you.

Post subject:

That's only in SH 2 Jek in all the other games they are real.

Post subject:

Missing since: 11 Jun 2004
Notes left: 2366
Last seen at: Oregon
Allow me to point you to the James recolor of SH2! Man in front of TV, taking a PH to the face!

He quite died of it. There were also several deaths caused by Lying Figures throughout the streets of SH2.

So yes. Yes, people die of monster attack.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2005
Notes left: 1378
Last seen at: Philadelphia
It's funny how there are never any on-screen deaths. It's always off camera or you just missed it.

Post subject:

I hate it when a monster doesn't die when you shoot them a thousand and one times.