Silent Hill: Collector's Edition

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Numinex
Just Passing Through

Silent Hill: Collector's Edition

Post by Numinex »

Well, after few years I finally kicked myself and decided to buy french Collector's Edition on Amazon. However, because my life tends to suck from time to time, I became an owner of damaged copy in which the movie disc is corrupted and connot be played on any BD player.

But that's fine, I'm patient. Vendor decided to send me another copy really quick... and it also turned out to be damaged. More about this problem you cand find here:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=13828890

Anyway, third time lucky. I decided to import another french release, including Silent Hill (only movie disc) and SH: Revelation.

Eventually I ended up with this, impressive collection :P

Adventure worth my patience, because all in all, Collector's Edition is absolutely fantastic (which shouldn't be suprsing for those, who have seen CE of Brotherhood of the Wolf). The movie itself is actually available in four different versions (original, with audio commentary, without CGI and from the Behind The Scenes point of view). Second disc is full of really exhaustive additional content, including new 90 min making of and couple interesting materials about the games.

It's definetely the best and the most complete edition of this movie. I you wan't to know more, just let me know. I didn't even watched everything yet.
J. Quinzelle
Just Passing Through

Re: Silent Hill: Collector's Edition

Post by J. Quinzelle »

How much was the Collector's Edition of Silent Hill? Where did you buy it from?
"Dance
Dance like butterflies
Shadows appear right before my eyes
Sounds echo the absurd
Hard to explain something that I heard"

http://www.shyofinterruption.com
PSN: Interrupted
Haunting Hero
Just Passing Through

Post by Haunting Hero »

An expensive mistake, but a happy collection lol
◇Some people feel the rain, others just get wet◇
Numinex
Just Passing Through

Post by Numinex »

Bought it on french Amazon. I paid 20€ which, believe me, is really reasonable price for such great release - in comparison with prices of similiar special editions in Poland, where I live. Standard BluRay releases usually cost 30-40€ here. So no regrets :) I can finally watch this movie in best possible version with all additional content. The best supplement is movie without CGI and any digital processing (like color grading). It actually tells more about making the movie, than standard Making of (which is also great btw).

Also, it turned out that french release of Revelation has about 50 minutes of additional content in comparison to UK release. Making of is 20 minutes longer (it now covers more interesting topics, like designing and building of specific sets with limitet budget). There are also more interviews, absent in other versions (e.g.with Radha Mitchell).

There are new seperate feauterettes about creating Brookhaven and turning Cambridge into SH. All in all, very rich release. Sadly, additional content is more entertaining and atmospheric than Revelation itself ;)
J. Quinzelle
Just Passing Through

Post by J. Quinzelle »

That's so cool. I've been checking Amoeba imported discs just to see if I come across these editions by chance.

By the way, anyone notice how the BluRay in the US is inferior to the DVD in terms of content. I'm talking the first movie. The BluRay lacks the featurette.
"Dance
Dance like butterflies
Shadows appear right before my eyes
Sounds echo the absurd
Hard to explain something that I heard"

http://www.shyofinterruption.com
PSN: Interrupted
Numinex
Just Passing Through

Post by Numinex »

I'm afraid that Collector's Edition is not available on french Amazon anymore. You can still buy bundle with Revelation, but it doesn't include disc with additional content (I have a spare one, btw ;) ).

https://www.amazon.fr/Silent-Hill-R%C3% ... ilent+hill

French release is also superior in terms of transfer and overall image quality.
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

Scream Factory is releasing a US Collector's Edition on July 9th. link

The bonus features are still to be announced, but SF usually does a good job with them, so I'm hopeful.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

I'm fairly excited for it.

It took a long time back in the day for me to finally find the blu-ray of the movie. I was seriously disappointed at its lack of features and it's the one movie I care to see them. When I do a Silent Hill binge and get to the movie I kinda have fun watching them afterwards.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Special Features Announced
Disc One:
HD Master Approved By Director Christophe Gans
NEW Audio Commentary With Cinematographer Dan Laustsen
Theatrical Trailer

Disc Two:
NEW Interview With Director Christophe Gans
NEW A Tale Of Two Jodelles – An Interview With Actress Jodelle Ferland
NEW Dance Of The Pyramid – An Interview With Actor Roberto Campanella
NEW Interview With Makeup-Effects Artist Paul Jones
Path Of Darkness: The Making of Silent Hill – A Six-Part Documentary
The Making Of Silent Hill Vintage Featurette
On Set Interviews And Behind-The-Scenes Footage
Photo Galleries – Still Photos And Posters
https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/si ... ct_id=7102

Shame they didn't/couldn't get the deleted scenes.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Special Edition Blu-Ray Review

Looks like Shout knocked this one out of the park. While I'm still maybe a little miffed that there are no deleted scenes on the disc, the extras in general all sound great.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Popped my copy in the player today, and it looks and sounds great. The sound mix in the otherworld scenes is incredible.
Numinex
Just Passing Through

Post by Numinex »

KiramidHead wrote:Popped my copy in the player today, and it looks and sounds great. The sound mix in the otherworld scenes is incredible.
It looks great! I'm happy to see that people are still willing to re-release and watch this movie.

I would love to see new additional content and interviews. It's shame this new edition doesn't include extras from french Collector's Edition. Movie without CGI is still one of the best additions I ever watched.
Numinex
Just Passing Through

Post by Numinex »

This post can be removed
Last edited by Numinex on 08 Nov 2019, edited 2 times in total.
Numinex
Just Passing Through

Post by Numinex »

KiramidHead, when you read this eventually - did you watch movie with commentary from Dan Laustsen? I love his work on this movie and I'm curious if h said something new and interesting.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Numinex wrote:KiramidHead, when you read this eventually - did you watch movie with commentary from Dan Laustsen? I love his work on this movie and I'm curious if h said something new and interesting.
I've not listened to it yet myself.