Skipped items

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Haunting Hero
Just Passing Through

Skipped items

Post by Haunting Hero »

I Just wanted to see what all items you guys skipped on your first play through. I am not talking about ammo or health, more like did you beat the game without a certain weapon or did you skip over hints for a puzzle. Stuff like that. For me, I didn't go to Nelly's Bar, I just wandered around and found the key on my own. On the same play through I accidentally skipped getting the rifle, thankfully it's not the best weapon.
◇Some people feel the rain, others just get wet◇
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Skipped items

Post by HeartlessBastard »

I think I've skipped the Steel Pipe. But it's easy to miss that one.
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
Haunting Hero
Just Passing Through

Post by Haunting Hero »

HeartlessBastard wrote:I think I've skipped the Steel Pipe. But it's easy to miss that one.
That would be kinda easy to skip. I think also the first time I played through I may have missed it lol I can't recall though.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

The one major part I missed the first couple times was the camper / Neely's bar at the beginning.

I've known a lot of people getting tripped up at the beginning of the game and ended up pissed off and quitting because of that.

My first time I just ended up going straight to that ally and getting the key so I never thought otherwise. But you're 'supposed' to go to the camper, which i think has a note saying to go to Neely's which gives you the map to where the key is. Kinda unnecessarily complicated tbh.
Haunting Hero
Just Passing Through

Post by Haunting Hero »

Tabris wrote:The one major part I missed the first couple times was the camper / Neely's bar at the beginning.

I've known a lot of people getting tripped up at the beginning of the game and ended up pissed off and quitting because of that.

My first time I just ended up going straight to that ally and getting the key so I never thought otherwise. But you're 'supposed' to go to the camper, which i think has a note saying to go to Neely's which gives you the map to where the key is. Kinda unnecessarily complicated tbh.
That was the same here, I just wandered around and found it never did think to go to the bar. Glad to know I wasn't the only one to skip it
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Ever since SH1 taught me to do a lot of exploring, I've explored like crazy in SH games (and a lot of other games, even in genres where exploring is pointless, lol). So I found that key by exploring that alley the first time I passed it.

Can't think of anything in particular I skipped or missed. Well, except I usually opt to skip grabbing the Great Knife. After doing that my first couple or few times playing and realizing I didn't have to go that way and get stressed out by PH (lol), I've been in the habit of skipping it on like 99% of my playthroughs. Every once in a while I decide to do it.
Don, Aman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Don, Aman »

My first time through I missed the rifle and the Great Knife. Now, it depends on my goals. I find myself speed running this game when I play it now. In that case, I skip almost everything. You need the radio, flashlight, steel pipe and shotgun. Aside from that, you can skip the rest. If I'm doing a completionist run, I'll pick up everything, though. I have skipped the Great Knife before, just because there's only one effective location to use it, and even then you have to use an (arguable) exploit to make it good.
Don stepped outside... It feels good to be alone... He wished he was drunk...
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

phantomess wrote:Ever since SH1 taught me to do a lot of exploring, I've explored like crazy in SH games (and a lot of other games, even in genres where exploring is pointless, lol). So I found that key by exploring that alley the first time I passed it.
Damn right. Especially since objects in video games back then didn't emit a super obvious glow that screamed "I'm a pickable item!" like they do now. :P
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Been a long time but I'm right on with you guys here.

Missed the pipe (pretty much the best melee weapon - wooden plank... Fuck outta here) near the Gas station, missed the hunting rifle (it sucks anyway, shotgun is way better), missed the Neely's Bar puzzle (got straight to the motorhome) and somehow found the key (or the other way around).

But there's some stuff that I never found. In all my playthroughs: The dead guys memos. The ones like "The monsters chase you when they see lights" or "Run away". I'm beggining to think they're fake.
theshaman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by theshaman »

lets just try and keep this forum active.
Us folk need to chat about silent hill every now and again.

and to also know there are still fans out there.
there are things known and unknown, in between is silent hill
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I never found the dead guy near to the bridge with the second marked map until my 4th or 5th game... Did you guys tried to return to the starting point after finishing the hospital?
J. Quinzelle
Just Passing Through

Post by J. Quinzelle »

I don't recall skipping anything important. I just sometimes forgot to mash X every square virtual foot and didn't find things I knew were there. Resident Evil taught me to mash X on every piece of furniture and item on the wall, every stain and displaced book. It's become a force of habit.
"Dance
Dance like butterflies
Shadows appear right before my eyes
Sounds echo the absurd
Hard to explain something that I heard"

http://www.shyofinterruption.com
PSN: Interrupted
Haunting Hero
Just Passing Through

Post by Haunting Hero »

Honestly I think I skipped over getting the great knife the first time, im not sure though. It was either the first or second run.