Silent Hill 2 movie

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

Haunting Hero
Just Passing Through

Silent Hill 2 movie

Post by Haunting Hero »

Anyone here wish that Konami made a movie based off of Silent Hill 2? (I wish they would've, but I think they would screw it up)
◇Some people feel the rain, others just get wet◇
ginjajacob
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Re: Silent Hill 2 movie

Post by ginjajacob »

I can't remember the second film that well, didn't they kind of set that up after Sean Bean goes back to look for his wife? I suppose they could get into problems they may have had in the marriage, but I doubt we will ever see another silent hill film.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

They set up for him to go back to see his wife and loosely for Downpour at the end of Revelations. Being I somehow doubt they'll make another movie.

As for Silent Hill 2 being adapted, it's honestly probably the best one to be adapted out of all them. It could be a genuine art piece of they weren't so likely to snort a pound of meth before script writing.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

I actually prefer what they were doing. Movies based on the games and not following it's story directly. Because, let's face it, it wouldn't be the same thing even if it was an exact copy of the game's script.

It would suck, in other words.

Best to let the movies stay the way they are.
J. Quinzelle
Just Passing Through

Post by J. Quinzelle »

I sort of agree with Mephisto. Sort of.

Yes, I too prefer they adapt rather than clone the stories. Make changes, make it your own. All while keeping the spirit of the source. The first Silent Hill almost did this. Visually, it was near perfect. But the writing was atrocious.

That's where Mephisto and I disagree. I don't want them to keep doing what they're doing. Revelations was quite bad, feeling more like Twilight than Silent Hill. I'd rather they try to locate what makes Silent Hill what it is, and try to work off that, not replicate it. So, in a way, I'm more in favor of a reboot than a continuation.

As for Silent Hill 2... too expected and held on a high pedestal. There are fan films that have tried various approaches. Fans have their own ideas. It'd be a feat to please all.

I think a unique stories based very closely on the Silent Hill mythos would not only inspire the brand, but elevate it in recognition enough to sustain itself as a film franchise.
"Dance
Dance like butterflies
Shadows appear right before my eyes
Sounds echo the absurd
Hard to explain something that I heard"

http://www.shyofinterruption.com
PSN: Interrupted