Photo in the confessional booth

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

ectokid
Just Passing Through

Photo in the confessional booth

Post by ectokid »

Hey. I just finished playing Silent Hill 3. In the confessional booth scene, you can clearly see the photo of a man (there's also a woman...) on the wall. After the cutscene, I tried the action button on the photo and Heather comments something, wondering who the man is too...

The photo seems so in your face that I think it must have some meaning... My best guess is it could be Leonard Wolf, but it also seems unlikely. Since he was "expelled" to Brookhaven hospital, why would they keep a picture of him in the confessional booth?

Any theories or ideas who could it be?

You can see the photo I'm referring to in this picture:

http://imgur.com/w5sPq0o
Last edited by ectokid on 30 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Re: Photo in the confessional booth

Post by phantomess »

Somewhat bigger image:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RRSVAFMhEjU/hqdefault.jpg

Honestly I'd never really taken notice of that. Not sure who it is. Someone bald.
Maybe it's the "priest" that people normally confessed to in the booth?
ectokid
Just Passing Through

Post by ectokid »

I saved a better one: http://imgur.com/w5sPq0o

I think the "priest" would be Father Vincent, Claudia's son... but the picture is definitely not of him. The photo just struck me because it seems really emphasized during the cutscene and Heather makes some comment when you click it...

It's probably someone from the Order.

Oh well, another mystery :)
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

To be honest, it's probably one of those ambiguous things that have no real meaning or actual purpose other than to make us question and find meaning where there isn't any.

My personal assumption is just a random priest in the order. There's a confessional booth similar to that one in Homecoming, so the idea of 'confessing' to some extent is something that they do in the order.

I can just imagine the awesome consequences for different types of 'sins' they'd have hah.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Well, there was a bald priest in Silent Hill 4... Jimmy Stone.

Could be nothing though.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

ectokid wrote:
I think the "priest" would be Father Vincent
Another priest. :wink:

And yes, it seems pretty likely it's supposed to be someone from the order, considering its location. I'm guessing it's not a specific character that we know about.
ectokid
Just Passing Through

Post by ectokid »

Mephisto wrote:Well, there was a bald priest in Silent Hill 4... Jimmy Stone.

Could be nothing though.
Hmm, I'm just starting SH4 now. I'll keep an eye out for him then.

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I think the "priest" would be Father Vincent, Claudia's son...<
Vincent is not Claudia's son. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
ectokid
Just Passing Through

Post by ectokid »

The Adversary wrote:>I think the "priest" would be Father Vincent, Claudia's son...<
Vincent is not Claudia's son. . . .
Well, in the movie he is. I don't think the game says anything about it though.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

In the game they're pretty much the same age, so...
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
ectokid
Just Passing Through

Post by ectokid »

AuraTwilight wrote:In the game they're pretty much the same age, so...
She looks a bit older to me, with a touch of white hair. It's just personal opinion in the game... To me the story is a bit more interesting if he is actually her son, as the
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
stabbing at the end
shows how far she is willing to go for her beliefs.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, but they're not. Claudia is a year younger than Alessa. Vincent, Alessa, and Claudia were all basically the same generation, if not outright classmates. Vincent's even commented on how he's seen Claudia's father beat her as a kid.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
ectokid
Just Passing Through

Post by ectokid »

What does the age difference between Claudia and Alessa have to do with Vincent?

Actually, he didn't say he saw Claudia's father beat her as a kid. He only says he remembers her father beating her, no time frame. I can certainly imagine corporal punishment for adults in the Order too...

Watch at 0:52s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQjLuZRf6l0

Anyway, you're probably right. I'm just saying as far as I know there's nothing proving 100%, beyond a shadow of a doubt, they're not related.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Anyway, you're probably right. I'm just saying as far as I know there's nothing proving 100%, beyond a shadow of a doubt, they're not related.<
There is, especially considering the fact, you know, that would probably come up at some point. Claudia is officially 29-31, depending on the source, while Vincent is 24-26.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
ectokid
Just Passing Through

Post by ectokid »

The Adversary wrote:>Anyway, you're probably right. I'm just saying as far as I know there's nothing proving 100%, beyond a shadow of a doubt, they're not related.<
There is,
Could you, please, point me to it?
The Adversary wrote: especially considering the fact, you know, that would probably come up at some point.
It comes up in the movie, which I think makes that particular point in the story better.
The Adversary wrote: Claudia is officially 29-31, depending on the source, while Vincent is 24-26.
Where is that official information from?

Cheers.
ectokid
Just Passing Through

Post by ectokid »

Ok, you're right.

I searched for it in the Book of Lost Memories and they are really not related. It's not in the game, but it's in one of the guides by the developers.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Also, uh, the movie is a separate universe from the games, it should not be used for discussion about the games on any measure.
ectokid
Just Passing Through

Post by ectokid »

What is the problem with discussing ideas?

Ok, in "the games" they're not related. If they were, it would create a beautiful parallel with the biblical story of the Binding of Isaac, in which God tests Abraham's faith by ordering him to sacrifice Isaac as a burnt offering (Genesis 22:2-8). Abraham then proceeds with the fire and knife in his hands to sacrifice his son when he's stopped.

If it were in the game, it would be a critique of how one's religious convictions can lead even to filicide.

But I'm sorry. I guess that's just too unworthy to be even mentioned, since it's not in the game huh.

My bad.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The thing is, Vincent and Claudia don't need to be related to discuss that idea, since Claudia and Leonard are at each other's throats, Dahlia burned her daughter alive, and Claudia loves Alessa more than anything in the world and is willing to make her suffer unbearably for her religious ideals.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>What is the problem with discussing ideas?<
Nothing. But what's the point of discussing something that's been proven wrong? It's not like it will suddenly become un-wrong.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.