Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 21 Sep 2018

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: What real world location reminds you the most of SH?

Missing since: 01 Mar 2006
Notes left: 35
Last seen at: Galesburg, Illinois
I'm just curious where this will go.

I was recently in New Orleans doing relief work, and parts of that city remind me a lot of what I imaging SH to be like. Especially in the fog. All the destroyed and run down buildings, and the complete and total lack of life in huge portions of the city. It was really easy to let my imagination get the best of me down there. Going into some of those houses reminded me a lot of SH2; the aprtments, mostly.

Also, I didn't mean to put this in the SH2 forum. It was supposed to go into the general discussion area, but I goofed and put it here instead and I don't know how to fix that. Sorry.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Nov 2005
Notes left: 1748
Last seen at: Southeast of Greenwich...somewhere sandy.
Jungle Town, North Dakota. I have no idea why it is called jungle town
as it is on the prarie but I saw it when passing through. It is a complete
ghost town. There are streets and stores, even a theatre. The town
went out of commission in the late 50s for whatever reasons I do not know.
Very much though did I get the creeps while there. Always felt as though
somebody was watching me.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Mar 2006
Notes left: 573
Last seen at: Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia
Weird place, that town...

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/2 ... ef=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.

Post subject:

Yeah, when we drived through New Orleans it was like Sh w/ all the fog.

But anyway, Lakeside Amusment Park, Denver, CO, I don't think it takes much to explain why it reminds me of SH. :wink:

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Apr 2004
Notes left: 921
Last seen at: Tacoma, WA
Tacoma can look a lot like silent hill, especially on those foggy nights.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Mar 2006
Notes left: 158
Last seen at: Otherside/Nowhere
My hometown Kiuruvesi here in Finland is a good example. It's a small town so the population is small too and when the fog hits the place, you only need your imagination.

This took place about six years ago. It was a late autumn morning as I woke and were late from school. I rushed in the street, and the fog was so thik that you couldn't see 10 meters far. And there were no people on the streets, not even cars. Well the funny thing that I had played SH2 at my friend late in the night yesterday (thats why I was late) so my imagination was littlebit overheated. Well nothing obviously happened, but it still was a cool experience...

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Nov 2004
Notes left: 117
Last seen at: in the bowels of the underworld
i've said it before, and i'll say it again: San Francisco...all the way around...no amusement park, though, but forestry, fog and alleyways...'nuf said

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Mar 2006
Notes left: 17
Last seen at: your a towel
Quote:
It is a complete
ghost town.

Did you stop and check it out? I would have, I love old places like that. I've been inside the Central Terminal here in Buffalo.
If you go up into the old offices, not recomended some of the upper walkways are collapsing, you can find old train schedules and shit. It's really creepy. Marble tiles falling off the wall in the bathrooms really reminded me of SH. Check it out. http://www.opacity.us/site1_buffalo_central_terminal.htm

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Apr 2006
Notes left: 2
Last seen at: Snowstorm
When I playded SH4 I found myself thinking about London subways. The Subway world is the second most creepiest place in the game after the Water Prison world. Ick.

Every eye sees its own special vision;
every ear hears a most different song.
In each man's troubled heart, an incision
would reveal a unique, shameful wrong.

Stranger fiends hide here in human guise
than reside in the valleys of Hell.
But goodness, kindness and love arise
in the heart of the poor beast, as well.

Post subject:

In the next town over, Anderson, there was a chemical plant that caught fire. The fumes were toxic, and the police were evacuating buildings and such. For some reason, they skipped over my friend's house, where I was. About 20 minutes into the fire, we realized something was wrong, so we jumped into the car and drove off (hurriedly, btw). Obviously, there was a lot of smoke, and ash falling. We were scared shitless, until I mentioned how much it reminded me of SH. If the fumes weren't toxic, I totally would have run around with a flashlight and a wooden plank all night.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Feb 2005
Notes left: 2246
Hmm. El Cerrito Del Norte in Northern California, kind of near the bay area.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Apr 2006
Notes left: 15
Last seen at: england
i once was stuck in a traffic jam outside a abbatoir (slaughter house) and their were chains and hooks and rusted metal meshing every where and all around the area was stained with blood and there was big bins full of bones...big ass bones and it REALLY stunk, it was very unnerving and reminded me of sh2 when you jump down the holes where all the bodys and blood and stuff is it was pretty gross... i would NEVER work in a slaughter house after seeing that!

Thanks SeFkAt for the awesome sig

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Apr 2006
Notes left: 39
my viliage slightly reminds me of silent hill, the town in which i have to go every morning is like creepy.

Post subject:

Missing since: 11 Jun 2005
Notes left: 1868
Last seen at: Finland
Pyramid wrote:
My hometown Kiuruvesi here in Finland is a good example. It's a small town so the population is small too and when the fog hits the place, you only need your imagination.

Saarijärvi in Finland. Wow. The hills and the lake throw a flashback into my mind. A flashback to Silent Hill 2. Lakeside sights.

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Feb 2004
Notes left: 3094
Last seen at: Deep Inside
Nowhere really except once.
My nephew plays AAAhockey and on one of his tournaments we drove to Detroit.
On the way, we drove through the slums and I looked at my nephew as he was already looking at me and we both said SH.
Also like most, everytime I go to the hospital, SH is the first thing on my mind.

Post subject:

I've lived in quite a few towns that could pass for Silent Hill, especially Old Orchard Beach, ME during the off-season. In fact, all while playing the first Silent Hill, there were several times that I got a sense of deja vu. And for some bizarre reason, I keep finding these places. I was playing SH3 last night and I stepped out for a little bit and got a chill because the fog covering the streets made it seem just like Silent Hill. I live in Keene, NH, BTW.

Shambler wrote:
Tacoma can look a lot like silent hill, especially on those foggy nights.

I was homeless for a while in downtown Tacoma, so I can see what you mean. I can picture the Parkland area doubling for Silent Hill as well.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Sep 2005
Notes left: 421
Last seen at: Silent Hill.
....To me, it's Hollywood....I'm not talking about it looking like Silent Hill, but the feeling I got, when I got there...It was...Well, demonic...Call me crazy, if you will, but there are strange things out there, not of the flesh, I, myself have experienced weird things, other than this....The hairs on the back of my neck, literally stood up...I went with my Uncle when I was 16, visiting him...I was asleep in the car, and when we had stopped at stop lights, I believe it was, I woke up out of a deep sleep, to have the worst feeling...It reminded me of the feeling I get when I play the Silent Hill games, except it was more real...

Post subject:

My hometown.

No - seriously! It's a little town near the lake. We have a foggy weather sometimes, butit's mainly because of smoke from a chimneys. With a yellow lattern light it has absolutely great atmosphere. We have a hotel near the lake (at least it was a hotel in past, now I don't know what is there), there's also an unfinished boarding-house, where someone commited suiside a years ago. It's 50 metres from the lake ...

And we have abandoned cementary (from WWII - German Cementary). And we have garages, that always reminds me SH :).

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Mar 2006
Notes left: 35
Last seen at: Galesburg, Illinois
I'm really glad to hear about so many cool places. Thanks to everyone who has posted.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Mar 2006
Notes left: 93
Last seen at: England (the joy...)
my street.

i leave real early to make the bus to college (about 7:15) and one morning the streets were smothered in fog. it was gorgeous yet scary all at the same time. u couldn't see two metres in front i swear.

and it's so dead in the morning. never another fuck around. i love it. so peaceful.